Black Beauty Graphic Novel

Black Beauty Graphic Novel

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Black beauty adalah seekor kuda cantik yang tinggal di Victoria, Inggris. Ia memiliki masa kecil yang membahagiakan karena dibesarkan di pinggir kota yang damai. Menginjak dewasa, ia menderita sakit parah dan kandangnya terbakar. Sudah jatuh, tertimpa tangga pula. Black Beauty berpindah tangan ke majikan baru, yang menyewanya hanya untuk mencari untung. Kuda cantik ini men...more
Published October 2007 by BIP (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Black Beauty Graphic Novel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Beauty Graphic Novel

Kerri
I really enjoyed this graphic novel version of Black Beauty. It made me want to read the original, especially after I read the brief biography of Anne Sewell that is in the back of this version. I also thought it interesting to see some of the sketches by Brigman and how they came to life in the book. Black Beauty is a wonderful story for any animal lover and the graphic novel form helps it come alive for younger readers.
Natalie
I liked the graphic novel even more than the original book, because it was so well drawn. It's true that the graphic novel couldn't capture a lot of the elements of the story, but the illustrators made up for it with how thoughtfully and carefully the content that WAS there was made.

A must read.
Janisu-chan
This is the graphics version of the story. It was really interesting to see the story in 'cartoon' form. It gave the story the visual elements in a quick but fairly thorough way. Might be a good way to introduce the regular story to someone who doesn't like to read much.
Vera
I loved this book because it an amazing written book and it as a lot of figurative language that makes me want to read more and more, when the book ended I just could´t believe how good that book was.
Starr05b17
It was kind of sad because they were keep on selling him but at last he found family.One man said his name. he knew him when he was little. But they keep him for ever.
Jasmin
I personally luv this book. It is so original and it inspires you to go help a animal.... i guess :))
Noor
so nice best book
if you love horses pls its the best book to read.
Stephanna
This is my favorite stand alone book!
Peyton Mcallister

I read this book because its a garphic novel and it was an all time favorite book when I was a child! I also read the graphic novel to read another genre and see what the graphic novel was like. Also I read Black Beauty to interpret another version of the book and learn more about the horse.

I thought that this book was ok. In some parts of the book it was hard to read and understand because words and pictures were everywhere and I didnt know what sequence they were in. Once I knew how to rea...more
Anagha Pashilkar
Black Beauty is a great classic book. I really enjoyed this book because it was very descriptive, and I enjoy many books with horses. My favorite character is Black Bueaty, a young strong black horses that is very good tempered. If got a horse I would definitly want one like Black Beauty.
The theme of this book is to always be kind. Black Beauty never kicked or bit anything or anyone and lived a happy life but his friend ginger was bad tempered from a history of bad owners and got worked to deat...more
Ramona
What a joy it was to revisit this childhood favorite of mine in a graphic novel. The illustrator, June Brigman, shares at the end of the book about how easy is is for her to draw horses because of her first-hand contact with horses. She says she feels this story was the culmination of everything she's done in her career because of her love of drawing horses. There is also some background on Anna Sewell & her determination to write this book in order to forever change the way mankind treats a...more
Debbie
Graphic adaptation of Anna Sewell's classic novel.

Black Beauty is a spirited but good-natured horse who starts his life as part of a kind family. When they are forced to sell him, his happy life quickly changes to one of misery. Though he is badly mistreated, he always remains hopeful and refuses to give up.

Though I love the original story, I just never felt as emotionally engaged by this adaptation. This version can make the novel accessible to very low-level readers, but I think most readers w...more
Amir
this story are the best
Evyta Ar
Sep 17, 2013 Evyta Ar rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
wow, dari novel setebal itu, sekarang jadi novel grafis tipis seperti ini. tapi ceritanya tetap dapat. hebat. baca novel grafisnya jadi makin ngeh kalau bentuk si black beauty itu seperti ini...check-rain itu seperti itu...dsb. bagus buat anak-anak. ada ulasan tentang sejarah latar budaya zaman kuda masih digunakan sebagai kendaraan juga, trus ada pesan moral buat anak-anak juga. bagus ^^

kekurangannya cuma satu, ilustrasinya kurang cantik...hehe...kalau bisa lebih cantik, manteb deh bukunya :)
Nur Fathiah Zahri
May 08, 2011 Nur Fathiah Zahri rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Nur Fathiah by: Nobody
A handsome and sweet-tempered horse, Black Beauty is strong andspirited. His mother warns him that there are bad, cruel men in the world, but Black Beauty sees none of it in his fine, happy home. Until the day when he is sold, when his life changes immeasurably and he finally sees the truth in his mother's words. As he moves from master to master, Beauty's adventures will captivate readers, and June Brigman's wonderful illustrations will capture their imaginations.
Rahmadiyanti
Tidak mudah "memeras" cerita asli yang tebalnya ratusan halaman menjadi novel grafis yang hanya memuat teks mungkin) hanya sekian puluh halaman--minus ilustrasinya. Dan saya pikir novel grafis satu ini cukup sukses mentransfer cerita dan menjadi pelengkap versi aslinya. Hanya saja, saya kok nggak begitu suka dengan gaya ilustrasinya ya, kurang cantik :)
Kevin
I think they did a good job making this a graphic novel. It was a little rushed and horribly edited but the charm of the story can still be found as well as Anna Sewell's love for horses.
Amanda
Oct 08, 2008 Amanda rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: middle readers
Shelves: young-adult
I loved this book growing up, and this is a fair abridgment. Another gateway for my struggling readers -- we do what we can.
Poet in the Dark
Aug 18, 2012 Poet in the Dark rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids 11 and under
A decent abridgment with okay art. Noticed quite a few spelling errors. The original is much, much better.
Kalen
A quick read and a quick refersher of the original novel but now I need to read the original again
gazing_where
Re-reading this once again . . . it has been a few years. I own this book - love this book!
Nor Aishah Norrifin
It was about a horse. The Stories have lot of moral values and a lot of adventure.
Cheryl
Found a handful of spelling mistakes, but otherwise very nice!
Aryo Mukarta
Black Beauty adalah kuda tampan. Ia dijual kemana-mana
Cj
Aug 09, 2007 Cj rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young people that love horses
It make me cry everytime. Poor Ginger.
Murad
quite interesting
Zoe Gibbons
Zoe Gibbons marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
L.L. Owens
Sep 07, 2014 L.L. Owens marked it as author-credits  ·  (Review from the author)
Visalini A/p
Visalini A/p marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Black Beauty Black Beauty Storybook Edition Companion Library: Black Beauty / The Call of the Wild, 1963, (Hardcover) Black Beauty: His Groom and Companions Black Beauty's Early Days in the Meadow