Deadlands Players Guide

Deadlands Players Guide

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Strap on your six-gun and saddle up, partner, because there s Hell to pay and the currency is hot lead! The Tombstone Epitaph has always been filled with lurid tales of daring desperadoes and deadly drifters, but lately the West s most-read tabloid claims there s something more sinister stalking the frontier s lonely plains: Monsters. Fortunately, where there are monsters,...more
Published 2011 by Imprint unknown

To ask other readers questions about Deadlands Players Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadlands Players Guide

Maxwell Heath
So far the game seems pretty cool. I like that most of the supernatural horror elements are only revealed in the final chapter, which is meant to be read only if your character has access to the knowledge within. The concept of Hucksters is clever, and definitely a character type I'd want to play. The Agency feels a little bland to me for some reason. My one complaint is that I feel like it might have been better to simply reproduce all of the relevant Savage Worlds rules here, since equipment a...more
Bernard
Oct 01, 2013 Bernard rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bernard by: Andy Fortier
Shelves: rpg
Did not read cover to cover, but read the essentials: the setup, the character building. Again as with previous edition of Deadlands Player's Guide, didn't read the sections for special characters as for this game I'm playing a regular ol' gunslinger and didn't want to "spoil" the secrets of the Huckster, Shaman, Blessed, etc. So far, enjoying the system based on the Savage Worlds System. But nothing terribly different from previous edition as far as the Deadlands flavor.
Cliff Riseborough
This just seems ridiculously cool to run or play.

Take the Wild West. Add some alternate history, mystical powers and dark forces. Mix in random fate chips, gambling to settle duels and mad scientists inventing crazy stuff that can blow up in the user's face.

And I still haven't ready the Marshall's Handbook to cover half of the game world!
Craig
Craig added it
Mar 29, 2014
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2012
Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition Deadlands: The Weird West Roleplaying Game Deadlands Reloaded (Savage Worlds; S2P10200) Deadlands : The Wierd West Player's Guide (Deadlands: The Weird West) Deadlands: Marshal's Guide (Deadlands: The Weird West (Hardback))