Start by marking “Skavenslayer (Gotrek & Felix, #2)” as Want to Read:
Skavenslayer (Gotrek & Felix, #2)

Skavenslayer (Gotrek & Felix #2)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,340 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Gotrek & Felix return to the city of Nuln to lie low and gain some steady employment. Being a sewer-jack would seem to be fairly mnudane work until the skaven raise their furry heads. The maze of sewers provides a perfect staging post for the foul chaos rat-men, as they seek to overwhelm the city. Luckily there are two people below ground who like a good fight.
Published April 3rd 2003 by Black Library (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Skavenslayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skavenslayer

Holden Attradies
Oct 18, 2011 Holden Attradies rated it liked it
This was the first Warhammer book I've read. I've heard from most people that play Warhammer that the books are pretty hit or miss, but since this is my first I don't really have a good field of reference. Regardless I enjoyed this, so either this was a hit or the books are better than the picky nerds make them out to be.

The writing style took a bit to get used to. Every few pages, and towards the end of the book every few paragraphs the center of narration shifted. It made the book feel very fa
Andy
Dec 24, 2015 Andy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Straightforward and in-your-face Warhammer fantasy action dominates this tale as Gotrek and Felix find themselves down on their luck as sewer guards and uncover a plot by the rat like skaven to take over the city of Nuln, a major hub in the Empire. Battle after battle ensues as the dwarf Gotrek continues his search for a glorious death and Felix is the somewhat reluctant follower who fights alongside him continuing his life debt of standing beside the dwarf. This volume is powered by a well-defi ...more
Tim
Feb 06, 2011 Tim rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The first Felix & Gotrek book that was available as e-book, so I had to skip TrollSlayer. I was a bit afraid to get lost in the story, but all in all this wasn't really a problem.

The book is entertaining, enormously entertaining. With Warhammer and Warhammer40K books I sometimes get bored on overly stretchy combat scenes, but the author makes sure that these scenes stretch to their perfect size. Long if need be, (very) short if the outcome is clear from the beginning, which at times feels hi
Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho
Paul
Apr 15, 2012 Paul rated it it was amazing
Gotrek is a slayer dwarf, one who has committed a sin so great the only atonement is seeking out an death in battle worthy of an epic. Felix is a poet and swordsman who is wanted by the Empire for his participation in the window tax riots. Gotrek saved Felix's life from being trampled by the Empire's troops. While hiding in a tavern, very inebriated Felix swears an oath to follow the slayer dwarf and write the epic of his death. In this series of books the duo fight; chaos worshipers, goblin wol ...more
Sebastien
Dec 11, 2011 Sebastien rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fan de Warhammer et Grim Fantasy
Recommended to Sebastien by: internet
Shelves: warhammer
Je venais de finir de lire Trollslayer et je suis rester sur ma faim ou plutôt, ça n'a pas goûter comme je l'espèrais. Je dois même dire que si je n'avais pas acheté ce roman en même temps que Trollslayer, je n'aurais peut-être pas continué la série. Tant qu'à l'avoir j'ai donc décider de m'y mettre immédiatement et au pire arrêter ça là.

He bien, je ne l'ai pas regretté celui à. Fini les mini-histoires, j'avais un roman complet cette fois-ci et tout une roman je dois le dire. La seule raison pou
Matthew
Jan 01, 2015 Matthew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gw-fantasy-read
Bright beginnings for a iconic warhammer partnership

I have to admit these 3 novels were amongst the first I ever read, they are definitely designed for an in-crowd of warhammer folk, but if you enjoy swords and sorcery, you can't miss this just because of that reason as these 3 novels are action packed treasure troves, Trollslayer starts of the series on a strong note but the 2 show stealers of the series so far are Skavenslayer and Daemonslayer, Skavenslayer is a laugh a minute rollercoaster wh
Ed C
Jan 23, 2010 Ed C rated it it was amazing
I think this is certainly my favourite book in the series. Perhaps not as high on adventure and epicness as those to follow, but the sheer inclusion of the skaven, and their very way of life and thinking, is pure comedic genious. Had me laughing out loud all the way through.

Continuing on from the first book, the characters are now set and ready to go in their first really big adventure, foiling the evil machinations, and twisted schemes of the Skaven in serveral different large chapters. The ska
Bodicainking
Very strong fantasy adventure with a comedic undertone in the (still suitably threatening) baddies, the depiction of which increases in confidence satisfyingly.
Maetco

13 Vampireslayer 6 William King
14 Trollslayer 1 William King
Travis Bughi
Apr 21, 2013 Travis Bughi rated it really liked it
This book vastly improved on the first. The main character was given much better attention and had developed enough from the 1st novel that he could now hold his own in this combat-heavy story. A main over-arching villain was developed as well, something that was sorely lacking the in the first book. Also, the ending was a great cliffhanger! I'm looking forward to the next one.
Jonathan
Aug 18, 2008 Jonathan rated it it was amazing
This book was friggin hilarious, I can't remember the last time I read a book and laughed this hard! It's told through a series of short-stories that are all linked together, I think the next book is when it started going into a novel format. I thought the short-story format worked fine. Be sure to read the first book in the series prior to this one though, Trollslayer.
Thommy Doombringer
Jan 22, 2014 Thommy Doombringer rated it really liked it
False
Nicholas Hansen
Nov 09, 2013 Nicholas Hansen rated it liked it
Gotrek was far too subdued in this story and he and Felix did nothing together except fight enemies. The strength of these stories is the character interactions between Felix and Gotrek and when you shelf one of those them for nearly the whole book you are left with a soulless series of battles; entertaining but hardly moving.
David Holec
Jun 22, 2013 David Holec rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warhammer, fantasy
Dal bych i 4 a půl, kdyby to šlo. Akcí narvaná fantasy. Opravdu povedený díl, to se musí nechat. Gotrek a Felix se znovu dostávají do víru událostí, které budou nuceni vyřešit. Tentokrát půjde o zmutované krysáky, kteří jsou vším, jen ne čestnými protivníky.
Le Petit Chat
Only criticism is the number of times the Skaven either squirted, wanted to squirt or controlled the urge to squirt the musk of fear. Plus with Gotrek, winning was guaranteed in every battle.
Bob
Jan 09, 2012 Bob rated it really liked it
Always fun to read the adventures of Gotrek and Felix. A good old fashioned, Warhammer romp of death, mayhem and magic!
Jevon Knights
Dec 08, 2013 Jevon Knights rated it really liked it
Great scene and action description but I'm not a fan on the Skaven, the main enemy of the book.
Антон
Sep 19, 2012 Антон rated it really liked it
Хорошее продолжение хорошей книге. В своей "весовой категории" совсем хорошо.
James
James rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Jose Valdivieso
Jose Valdivieso rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Tim Oliver
Tim Oliver rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
John Ficalora
John Ficalora rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Jonathan Saunders
Jonathan Saunders is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2016
Dustin Green
Dustin Green rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Johnny Hammond
Johnny Hammond rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Tomáš Kašpar
Tomáš Kašpar rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Giovanna Grossato
Giovanna Grossato rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
  • Orcslayer
  • Bloodstorm
  • Gotrek and Felix: The Anthology
  • Witch Finder
  • Heldenhammer
  • Road of Skulls
  • Drachenfels (Warhammer) (The Vampire Genevieve, #1)
  • Malekith
More about William King...

Gotrek & Felix (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Trollslayer (Gotrek & Felix, #1)
  • Daemonslayer (Gotrek & Felix, #3)
  • Dragonslayer