Start by marking “Demons of the Dancing Gods (Dancing Gods, #2)” as Want to Read:
Demons of the Dancing Gods (Dancing Gods, #2)
Preview

Demons of the Dancing Gods (Dancing Gods #2)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  852 ratings  ·  8 reviews
While the initial battle for Husaquahr has been won, dark forces are gathering to the south. *** One of the Council of Thirteen has to be the Dark Baron and the Baron is plotting with the Demon Prince to shatter the fragile peace and bring Armageddon to the magic world beyond the Sea of Dreams. *** But before the Dark Baron and the Demon Prince can put their plans into act ...more
Published May 12th 1984 by Del Rey Fantasy

To ask other readers questions about Demons of the Dancing Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demons of the Dancing Gods

The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsGood Omens by Terry PratchettGuards! Guards! by Terry PratchettLamb by Christopher MooreThe Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett
Best Humorous Fantasy and Science Fiction
135th out of 163 books — 170 voters
The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le GuinMiddlesex by Jeffrey EugenidesOrlando by Virginia WoolfTipping the Velvet by Sarah WatersTwelfth Night by William Shakespeare
Best Gender-Bending Books
196th out of 275 books — 212 voters

More lists with this book...

Kevin Driskill
This is the first series by Chalker that I read on the recommendation of my brother. It was a fan immediately. I like the concept of this work in that real people enter a fantasy world that is mysteriously connected to the one we live in. This makes it easier to imagine that it is plausible and also allows you to explore the new world along with the characters.
Roxanne
Rearead in July 2012: This was a fun reread but not that great a book: a lot of preaching and not Chalker's best in my opinion. Dropping my rating to only two stars. I'll probably try the third book again too at some point and see how it holds up.
Bryan457
A great series. It is humorous while still having a great plotline. I like the characters. I like character development, and boy did I get it throughout this whole series.
Jonathan
Throckmorton P Ruddygore is a mighty name
Aaron Anderson
See "River of the Dancing Gods".
John
Grade B+. Book Dg2.
Randy
book 2 of humorous fantasy.
A Moore
A Moore marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Christopher A Flores
Christopher A Flores marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Lee Callaway
Lee Callaway marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Wade
Wade added it
Apr 01, 2015
Stephen Robertson
Stephen Robertson marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
  • Windmaster's Bane (David Sullivan, #1)
  • Black Star Rising
  • Where the Evil Dwells
  • The Lost Prince (The Dark Border, #1)
  • King Javan's Year (The Heirs of Saint Camber, #2 )
  • The Wizard of 4th Street (Wizard, #1)
  • Wizard War
  • The Cyborg and the Sorcerers
  • The Flight of Mavin Manyshaped (Mavin Manyshaped, #2)
  • Endgame Enigma
  • Kirlian Quest (Cluster, #3)
  • The Sword and the Satchel (World of the Alfar, #1)
  • Coils
  • The Kundalini Equation
  • The Return of Retief (Retief, #12)
Besides being a science fiction author, Jack Laurence Chalker was a Baltimore City Schools history teacher in Maryland for a time, a member of the Washington Science Fiction Association, and was involved in the founding of the Baltimore Science Fiction Society. Some of his books said that he was born in Norfolk, Virginia although he later claimed that was a mistake.

He attended all but one of the W
More about Jack L. Chalker...

Dancing Gods (5 books)
  • The River of Dancing Gods (Dancing Gods #1)
  • Vengeance of the Dancing Gods (Dancing Gods, #3)
  • Songs of the Dancing Gods (Dancing Gods, #4)
  • Horrors of the Dancing Gods (Dancing Gods, #5)
Midnight at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #1) The River of Dancing Gods (Dancing Gods #1) Quest for the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #3) Exiles at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #2) Twilight at the Well of Souls (Saga of the Well World, #5)