Start by marking “Runaways, #2: Inferno adolescente” as Want to Read:
Runaways, #2: Inferno adolescente

Runaways, #2: Inferno adolescente (Runaways #2)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  4,941 Ratings  ·  218 Reviews
Still on the run from their super-villain parents, this motley crew of super-powered kids finds a kindred spirit in a daring young stranger and welcomes him into their fold. But will this dashing young man help the teenagers defeat their villainous parents...or tear them apart? One troubled member finds out, as she leaves the group's hideout with their new recruit, who rev ...more
Paperback
Published 2010 by Panini Comics (first published July 19th 2006)

Jan Philipzig
In this second volume, Runaways gradually becomes more recognizable as a superhero title: our teenage protagonists discover their powers, put on costumes, go on patrol, fight; they even have an encounter with Marvel’s long-established B-list heroes Cloak & Dagger. In the capable hands of Vaughan and Alphona it all feels completely organic, though, and the spotlight is still very much on the characters rather than the action.

Best of all, your typical "hypermasculine superhero restores flawles
Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
The kids are still running from their villainous parents, who are members of a mysterious organization called the Pride (I want to learn more about them). They're still experimenting with their powers and mutant abilities. In this one, they meet a vampire and a "b-list" hero duo called Cloak and Dagger.

I love this series! There's a lot of humor, pop culture references, and even Captain America and Black Widow get name-dropped. My library, for some reason, has all of these but volume 3, and it's
Sam Quixote
Alex, Gertrude, Karolina, Chase, Molly and Nico are The Runaways, hiding out from their newly revealed supervillain parents aka The Pride. Are murderous supervillain parents with seemingly unlimited resources the biggest threat to these teenagers? No, it’s a cute boy!! Ohmigod Topher is like so hawt, sploosh! As the girls’ bickering over the new kid on the block threatens to break up the group, a pair of Z-list heroes called Cloak and Dagger are hired by The Pride to track down the Runaways.

The
Scarlet Cameo
Jun 28, 2016 Scarlet Cameo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, this story is pretty awesome, we can see their first encounter with other superheroes but...it doesn't came completely good. The "problem" here is that we saw all of them more like teenagers, the boys/girls thing, can't understand what's happening and how loyalty can be to each others.

In this volumen Gertrude took the lead as the most awesome girl here, maybe she is so into their own problems that she took the entire situation really well focused. She don't need the drama, she need find solu
Mike
Nov 01, 2014 Mike rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as exciting as Vaughan's second volume of Saga, but has enough momentum from the core story (super-villain parents chasing after their runaway do-gooder kids) to keep me interested in reading the next volume.

I rolled my eyes pretty hard at the teenage romance-politics+angst sideline, which is where I lost my love-for-all-Vaughan-comics innocence here. I remember being that young (barely) and I remember wondering what it would be like to actually have a girl that interested in me - so maybe p
Elizabeth
A good follow-on that keeps up the fun but possibly strays a little too far into the ridiculous at moments.
Jordan
Mar 05, 2016 Jordan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jordan by: Emma Osborne-Smith, Rachel Lightwood
This was such a good comic! I loved how these normal teenagers stumbled across an ritualistic organisation from their parents, it sets up such a good story. The story was so good in how they progressed and learned new things as they went on to bring their parents to justice, how they evolved somewhat into superheroes. And I really like how their parents set up this journey for the teens, how they learned to protect and care for each other. They melded so easily into different roles, Alex being t ...more
Kevin Fanning
One other thing I meant to mention in my review of Vol 1, but that's OK because it still carries over to Vol 2, is the situation with the mole inside the group, who is still loyal to the parents. I really like this idea, but they have a handwritten note from the teen, you're telling me NONE of the parents recognize the handwriting on it? And then in this volume the police guy won't be able to describe the voice he hears to the parents? I mention this not because it distracted from my reading, ju ...more
Akke
Aug 20, 2015 Akke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, 2015, e-book
I mean I like the story, but I don't really like the characters.
Nikki
Still slight but fun. Interested in the developments with Karolina's character, though; I think I see where that's going, and I hope I'm right. I also have a suspicion about Alex's character development, and I'm not sure I like where that's going.

I do like the little nods to main Marvel continuity -- I don't know much about Cloak and Dagger, but it's still nice, and the references to the Avengers, etc, in the background.
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

This series is just so much fun! The characters are great, the humor is wonderfully done, the adventures strike that balance between out of this world yet believable.

So glad I have volume 3 close at hand!!
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
I feel like I missed something between volume 1 and this book. But all the same, I enjoyed this. I like this kids, and I hate their situation. And by hate their situation, I mean I feel bad for them, but man is it entertaining for me. Also, forgive me for enjoying the whole Cloak and Dagger bit.

Guess I will be trying to find volume 3 somewhere.
Hannah

These are so fantastic, this is a fantastic series, please read this series, it will make you very happy.

Also Gert gives me life. She is so bloody awesome and I just.... oh man, she is so great

LET ME LOVE YOU
Taha
Dec 01, 2015 Taha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ÇOK GÜZELDİ!
Gerçekten çok iyi gidiyor. Serinin devamını da yükledim, bitireceğim ilk Marvel serisi olacak sanırım:)
description
Amparbs
Jan 22, 2016 Amparbs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this continued epic journey of the runaways as they meet new friends and enemies and learn more about themselves and each other as they encounter some rough dilemmas! Ready for #3 now!
Amber
Aug 05, 2015 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books
Alex is still my pick for the mole. Nico is still my favorite, but I'm loving Molly's innocence she's bringing to the group.
Ian Wood
This is the complete review as it appears at my blog. Blog reviews often contain links which are not reproduced here, nor will updates or modifications to the blog review be replicated here.

Note that I don't really do stars. To me a book is either worth reading or it isn't. I can't rate it three-fifths worth reading! The only reason I've relented and started putting stars up there is to credit the good ones, which were being unfairly uncredited. So, all you'll ever see from me is a five-star or
Charissa
Aaah it keeps getting better and better, I love it so much!
Marcelo Sanchez
Cuando crítico un comic, procuro leerlo al menos dos veces antes de hacerlo.
Esta vez no. Tengo mejores cosas que leer.
Me encanta Vaughan, así que le voy a echar la culpa de esto al comite editorial.
El universo Marvel entra a la fuerza a una historia que estaba desesperadamente intentando mantenerlo a raya. Vemos un par de superheroes que metieron por que calzaban, y porque estaban disponibles. La historia usa fuertemente el hecho de que la costa oeste queda muy lejos de Nueva York y las ciudades
Pam Davis
Previously in book 1: One night the families get together so the parents can have their annual meeting. The kids only see each other once a year and don’t look forward to having to hang out with each other. The kids become bored and decide to spy on their parents. While doing so they see their parents sacrifice a girl. They figure out their parents are members of a secret super villain society called The Pride. The kids fight with their parents, during the chase the kids find secret weapons of t ...more
Myles
Like all good sequels, Volume 2 uses the same formula, doubles the mix and answers some questions.

I've said it in my review of Volume 1, but the Runaways really does a good job of modernizing the Marvel superhero format to appeal to jaded youngsters strung out on Shonen Jump and what passes for Nickelodeon these days.

...When did I get so old? Pretty soon I just might convince myself that the NES was superior to modern game consoles and that nu-metal was a good idea.
Alex Murphy
Sep 12, 2016 Alex Murphy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: superheroes
The second volume of The Runaways, follows on pretty much from the first, the teenagers are still hiding out in the disused, buried hotel, and their super-villain parents, The Pride, are hunting them. While I personally feel the first volume was stronger, doesn’t take away that this is good, different superhero book.
The characters are in my opinion, all well written. While some fall into teenager tropes, the way they are written and act makes them more enjoyable to read and not a chore.
The plo
Jackie "the Librarian"
Apr 21, 2008 Jackie "the Librarian" rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ages 13 and up
I am loving this Runaways series! In volume 2, the kids are hiding out from their evil villain parents. On a trip to get supplies, they meet another teen who seems to be at the mercy of evil parents. Or IS HE?
Meanwhile, their parents contact Cloak & Dagger, a superhero team, to track down their kids. I love the cracks about their superhero outfits! What will happen when they find them?
Another witty well-plotted entry in this teen series.
Artemiy Nizovtsev
Previous volume was fine, but this one gets noticeably worse. First off, the main story almost did not progress. All the kids are still in hiding, we don't know much more about their parents' motivations than we did before, and this stupid intrigue about the mole in the group really starts to get annoying. Come on, it is SO OBVIOUS! Vaughan practically doesn't hide it at all.

The title arc of the book feels like a 4-issue filler, and it is way too soon in the series for these to start showing up.
Fantasy Literature
Almost every teenager has a point where he or she decides that parents are either evil, or the lackeys of evil. In the case of six young people in Marvel’s RUNAWAYS, they discover to their shock that their parents truly are, and not just garden variety evil, either; the parents are costumed super-villains. At the end of the first volume of this comic book series collection, the Runaways have gathered information and weapons, and have gone into hiding in a secret hideout. Unbeknownst to them, tho ...more
Will Redd
Sep 12, 2014 Will Redd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here we have the second collected series for the first run of Runaways. The kids are taking time to formulate a plan in Chase's hideaway, "The Hostel," a giant mansion that sank after a bad earthquake years ago. Then, on a food run, they wind up foiling a robbery and discovering another kid who claims he was misled by evil parents. This particular kid has a dark secret, though.

We get to know a little more about the dynamics of this group of kids who don't really like each other and have now been
Noe
Apr 18, 2015 Noe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not surprisingly, I enjoyed this volume much better than the first! After having setup the table with all the necessary characters, we dive into the action with our trouble band of teenage heroes. I was pleasantly surprised with Miyazawa's art, it was cutesy and very manga-like, which I guess it's no surprise, since this was aimed at manga readers in Marvel's defunct Tsunami imprint.

Two 'B-List' superheroes make an appearance and it is up to our young heroes to set things straight, but just whe
Nicole Field
These little books are so easy to read. I almost read all of this on my lunch break yesterday.

While not as punchy as the first one, I think it mostly felt that way due to the fact that the two major plot hooks didn't really pay off. First, we see newcomer Topher come into the band. After what seems like too short a time, he reveals he's not everything he seems, and most definitely will not be sticking around to hang out with our heroes.

Almost immediately after that, the gang run into Cloak and
Christopher Mclean
Excellent follow up to the first volume. Keeps rolling with the brilliant characters, witty dialogue and strong storylines.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #84: Runaways vol 2 by Brian K. Vaughan 1 2 Sep 08, 2013 08:29AM
  • Runaways, Vol. 8: Dead End Kids (Runaways, #8)
  • Runaways, Vol. 10: Rock Zombies (Runaways, #10)
  • Runaways, Vol. 11: Homeschooling (Runaways, #11)
  • Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 3: Reach for the Stars
  • Young Avengers, Vol. 2: Family Matters (Young Avengers, #2)
  • Civil War: Young Avengers/Runaways
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 2: Road Trip
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 4: Ends of the Earth
  • X-Factor, Vol. 1: The Longest Night
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 5: Boundaries
  • Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 13: Hobgoblin
  • Young Avengers Presents (Young Avengers Presents)
Born in Cleveland in 1976, Brian K. Vaughan is the Eisner, Harvey, and Shuster Award-winning writer and co-creator of the critically acclaimed comics series Y: The Last Man, Runaways, and Ex Machina (picked as one of the ten best works of fiction of 2005 by Entertainment Weekly).

Recently named "Writer of the Year" by Wizard Magazine, and one of the “top ten comic writers of all time” by Comic Boo
More about Brian K. Vaughan...

Runaways (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Runaways, Vol. 1: Pride and Joy (Runaways, #1)
  • Runaways, Vol. 3: The Good Die Young (Runaways, #3)
  • Runaways, Vol. 4: True Believers (Runaways, #4)
  • Runaways, Vol. 5: Escape to New York (Runaways, #5)
  • Runaways, Vol. 6: Parental Guidance (Runaways, #6)
  • Runaways, Vol. 7: Live Fast (Runaways, #7)
  • Runaways, Vol. 8: Dead End Kids (Runaways, #8)
  • Runaways, Vol. 9: Dead Wrong (Runaways, #9)
  • Runaways, Vol. 10: Rock Zombies (Runaways, #10)
  • Runaways, Vol. 11: Homeschooling (Runaways, #11)