Start by marking “Entflammte Nacht (Parasol Protectorate, #3)” as Want to Read:
Entflammte Nacht (Parasol Protectorate, #3)

Entflammte Nacht (Parasol Protectorate #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  24,847 Ratings  ·  2,118 Reviews
Lady Alexia Maccon wurde von ihrem Ehemann wegen Untreue verstoßen, denn sie ist schwanger, und Werwölfe können keine Kinder zeugen. Doch Alexia hat ihn nicht betrogen. Fest entschlossen, ihre Unschuld zu beweisen, bricht sie nach Italien auf, in die Heimat ihres Vaters. Dort hofft sie, einen Hinweis darauf zu finden, wie sie trotzdem schwanger werden konnte. Denn nur so k ...more
Published September 19th 2011 by Blanvalet (first published September 1st 2010)

Danae
Aug 25, 2015 Danae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This series is freaking fantastic. How do you do it, Gail Carriger? You're able to grip me from the first sentence and never let me know go. I applaud you.

This installment would have easily gotten five stars from me if not for the ending. (view spoiler)
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
Souless was down right magical. Changeless had it moments but was all over the place. I probably would've have never finished it if a pal hadn't told me a spoiler connected to bk 3; that compelled me to push through so I could read Blameless. Blameless was slightly less irksome than Changeless, but still had whole sections where I had to force myself not to skim.

I'm not a big fan when slews of new characters are introduced, or too much focus on introduced side characters that don't significantly
Katie(babs)

(view spoiler)
The Flooze
Lightreads
The Indecisive Cheese Theory of series fiction

See, it’s like when you’re handed a new kind of cheese, right? And you take a nibble and you think, “huh! Cheese! Yeah, okay. Kinda creamy, a little light, nice steampunk flavor as it finishes. I like it!”

So you take a bigger bite, and you think, “well, but hang on, there was something a bit funny going on with the aftertaste. And that sex scene was just absurd. I don’t like that . . . I think?”

But you’re not sure, so you take another bite, because a
valee
Nov 10, 2010 valee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This book was just TERRIBLE! Definitely the worst I have read in quite a while. I'm only giving 2 stars to it because I still love the characters and the sense of humor the author has, but seriously this book was so not worth it. Since page 1 to the last one I was praying for it to end faster. It took me forever to finish it and only because I just could not stand any of the pages in it.

First of all, there is NOT any romance in this installment. The previous ones had not much as well but this on
David Edmonds
Gail Carriger, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways: La Diva Tarabotti. Lord Akeldama. Pesto. Formaldehyde. Templars. Biffy. Floote. Lord Maccon. "Parassault." Killer ladybugs. Vampires. Werewolves. Seriously, I could just go on and on and on about how I love Gail Carriger. And what do all of these tidbits (and more!) add up to? The latest, delicious volume in the Parasol Protectorate series.

Spoilers Ahead!

Blameless, the latest offering from Gail Carriger in her Parasol Protectorate series,
Nikki
Jun 18, 2015 Nikki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, vampires
Hm. I wish Conall had been made to grovel rather more than this, after his reaction in the last book; I especially wish that his horrible comments to Alexia weren’t just stupidity and were actually driven by a real fear of betrayal. That would make me feel less annoyed if he had some foundation for the way he treated her. Gah. Still, this book does allow Genevieve, Floote and Professor Lyall to shine. And get up to hijinks.

The series continues to be absurd, fun, and relatively inconsequential, w
Kaitlin
May 05, 2015 Kaitlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-sff-faves
This book was really, really good and so far definitely my favourite of all of the books in this series so far. I thought that this book started off really well with a much more explosive and fast-paced beginning than the previous books and I definitely felt like I could get back into the story and characters very easily. The story itself follows Alexia once again as she is the main character and in this book we are thrust in to the deep end because the ending of book 2 is truly explosive. Alexi ...more
colleen the fabulous fabulaphile
3.5

Another fun and witty entry, though perhaps not quite as good as the others. Still, couldn't bring myself to give it anything less than 4 stars. I did still quite enjoy it - enough to finish it in two days.

I especially liked seeing so much of Professor Lyall and Floote.

Conall was forgiven too easily, but at least he realized how much of an ass he was and went to some lengths to make amends.

And, best of all, this one did not end in a dreadful cliffhanger, though there are quite enough thread
Donna
Sep 16, 2010 Donna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Faced with private heartbreak and public scandal, Alexia loses her strongest protection just as she needs it the most. She leaves for Italy, hoping to avoid dangerous enemies and learn more about her preternatural state. Alexia's search might get her some answers, but it also leads to a new danger.

I enjoyed the travel and adventure aspects of this one, and it was nice to see the people Alexia left behind in England dealing with the threats on that end. But Conall's behavior at the end of the pre
AH
In real life, a ladybug is a small, red, spotted flying insect. In Blameless, a ladybug becomes a most lethal mechanical contraption, able to poison or subdue, and most likely to explode.

Blameless continues where Changeless left us hanging. I really do like this series and I have rated this book rather high, but – I felt that there were a lot of things lacking in this instalment of the story. There were things that were done right as well.

I’ll start with the things done right. First of all, the
Wicked Incognito Now
Don't read this review if you haven't read Changeless yet.
Okay. So we left off with Alexia, pregnant and outcast by her husband who assumes she must've been cheating!!!! Wha??? How could he????

In this novel, our usually jolly Alexia is replaced by a very disoriented and sad Alexia. It's very heartbreaking. And as it turns out....every vampire IN THE WORLD wants her dead. So, she decides to vacate England and go off in search of information on the history of supernatural/preternatural br
Sara Price.
Mar 28, 2015 Sara Price. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read! Flew through it, can't wait to get my hands on the next one!
Mason
Sep 30, 2015 Mason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fantasy
Really the only book this year (so far) that's kept me up to finish it. My comfortable bed was calling my name and I had to push through the final 100 pages because I just HAD to know what was going to happen to Alexia.

I adored everything about this installment, but most of all the characters. From the main characters to the side characters, I enjoyed all of them. And I can't wait to see where the next book takes Alexia!
Probably 3.5 stars but I'm rounding up because I love Alexia. Conall still has a lot of making up to do in my eyes!

Please note that although this review is spoiler free for Blameless it will contain major spoilers for previous books in the series so look away now if you've not already read Soulless and Changeless.

The end of Changeless saw Alexia discover that she was pregnant then immediately get accused of infidelity by her husband Conall. She has now returned from Scotland and after Conall tol
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)

For more reviews, gifs, Cover Snark and more, visit A Reader of Fictions.

After the monumental betrayal that was the ending of the second Parasol Protectorate book, I started Blameless enraged. We’re not entirely back to being friends yet, but, damn it, even at its most infuriating this series is highly entertaining and hard to resist. I will never ever be okay with the ending to book two or entirely okay with this book because it was unnecessary all around, but whatever. This series is
Sylvia Sybil
Aug 26, 2010 Sylvia Sybil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steampunk
Given Ms. Carriger's habit of ending books with a plot twist, this review will contain spoilers for Soulless and Changeless. In other words, go read those right away and come back.
v
So, when we left Lady Maccon she had just discovered she was in a state of infant-inconvenience, which was most distressing given that werewolves were previously thought sterile. Accused of infidelity and worse by her wolf husband, Alexia flees home to her horrible family in disgrace.

Now that the scandal has bro
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

Continuing the reading of this series, I just finished book 3 of the series. I won't lie, it wasn't the same since Alexia and Conall weren't together in this book, it wasn't the same, but the problems that kept following Alexia wherever she went made up for it.

While trying to stay alive, she tries to find more about the baby she's carrying which isn't easy because already a rare, history doesn't give much about female preternaturals. But we are talking
Denae
I don't know quite how I would explain why I love Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series so much, but I really do. While not so good as the others, Blameless has that same mixture of wit and "d'aww" reaction that I enjoyed in the previous books. As always, Alexia is involved in crazy adventures and Conall rages about wildly. Well, that isn't all, but it does take up a fair amount. Basically, I continue to recommend these books to those who like Regency romances, even though these are set in ...more
Megan
Apr 21, 2015 Megan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars, fantasy, fiction
I'm starting to get a clearer picture why I like, but don't love, this series. The wittiness wins me over in each book; I'm not someone who laughs out loud easily, but I average a giggle or an undignified snort of amusement twice a chapter, which makes for a fun read. I love Alexia even more than I did in the beginning of the series, and I really like all the side characters (even the obnoxious ones, and especially Ivy) and find them memorable. I enjoy spending time with them. The worldbuilding, ...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover:Interesting
Rating: R
Overall: Still enjoying this series as much as the first
Characters: Well done
Plot: Spunky Alexia isn’t one to sit back and whine. She gets into action.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.?Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Professor Lyall

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

Does anyone else want a HEA for Professor Lyall. I almost thought for a second something might happen between him and Biffy. Wishful thinking I guess. I admire Alexia and even though she’s
Kristen
Apr 05, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better. I enjoy how each book focuses on a different plot point with overarching (but not overpowering) themes.
Kerstin ~ (SheReadsByMoonlight)
Samrat
So, I'm pretty much over this series. I'll probably keep reading because I generally like Alexia, but there's not much going on here.

I am critical of authors who spend so much time painting the scenery that they neglect the plot, but similarly am I disappointed when they fail to even mention a character's surroundings. Carriger doesn't spend one minute to describe the dirigible - again - so why'd she even bother to put it in there? Look, if you're going to completely ignore your character's surr
Penny Watson
Oh! How I have been waiting with bated breath for the release of Blameless. I adored Soulless and Changeless--both wonderful, funny, sexy, inventive and one-of-a-kind steampunk/paranormal romances. The "romance" at the end of that description is intentional and very, very important in my opinion. The reason those books sparkled, sang, and popped was because of the fantastic chemistry between Alexia and Conall. She is a no-nonsense soulless heroine, primed for adventure and preoccupied with prope ...more
Catherine
I read the first two books in this series last year and didn’t plan to continue, despite already owning this book. I found the second book too different from Soulless in pacing and character development. Added to that, I was very unhappy with the hero’s behavior at the end of Changeless and couldn’t imagine being able to fall into his character again and enjoy their relationship. Too many burned bridges, you know? But all that changed recently.

Lately, I’ve been using audiobooks to pass the time
Amanda The Book Slayer
Fabulous 3rd book! I loved it so much I could not put it down.

Positives:
*Alexia kicks butt well being preg. She kicks her sorry husband's but into gear as well.
*Channing comes in as the Knight in Shining armor, you get to see a better side of him.
*Lord Maccon is still just as stubborn, but comes through for Alexia even in his state of drunkeness.
*Happy ending and great lead into the next book.

Negatives:
*Not a huge fan of the way Lord Maccon throw Alexia out to fend for herself while pregnant. Ki
Dara
Three books in and I love Alexia Maccon even more. Gail Carriger created such a fun, independent, intelligent character that I'd read 20 novels about Alexia. Since I talked so much in my review of Changeless about how I adore Alexia, I'll try to refrain from doing so here. But it will be hard.

Blameless finds out heroine cast out of Woolsey Castle by her husband Conall for indiscretion and Alexia is forced back home with her insufferable mother and half-sisters. After all of London's society lear
  • Magnificent Devices (Magnificent Devices #3)
  • Heart of Steel (Iron Seas, #2)
  • The Queen Is Dead (The Immortal Empire, #2)
  • The Janus Affair (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences, #2)
  • The Hidden Goddess (Veneficas Americana, #2)
  • The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)
  • Steampunk II: Steampunk Reloaded (Steampunk, #2)
  • The Osiris Ritual (Newbury and Hobbes, #2)
  • Tempest's Legacy (Jane True, #3)
  • Dreadnought (The Clockwork Century, #2)
  • Kilts & Kraken (Gaslight Chronicles, #3)
  • Girl Genius, Vol. 2: Agatha Heterodyne and the Airship City (Girl Genius #2)
Gail Carriger writes comedic steampunk mixed with urbane fantasy. Her books include the Parasol Protectorate and Custard Protocol series for adults, and the Finishing School series for young adults. She is published in 18 different languages and has 13 NYT bestsellers via 7 different lists (including #1 in Manga). She was once an archaeologist and is overly fond of shoes, octopuses, and tea.
Gail
More about Gail Carriger...

Parasol Protectorate (5 books)
  • Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)
  • Changeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2)
  • Heartless (Parasol Protectorate, #4)
  • Timeless (Parasol Protectorate, #5)

“I have died and gone to the land of bad novels.” 108 likes
“I mean to say, really, I am near to developing a neurosis - is there anyone around who doesn't want to study or kill me?"
Floote raised a tentative hand.
"Ah, yes, thank you, Floote."
"There is also Mrs Tunstell, madam," he offered hopefully, is if Ivy were some kind of consolation prize.
"I notice you don't mention my fair-weather husband."
"I suspect, at this moment, madam, he probably wants to kill you."
Alexia couldn't help smiling. "Good point.”
97 likes