Start by marking “God's Leading Lady” as Want to Read:
God's Leading Lady

God's Leading Lady

Bishop T.D. Jakes, the #1 bestselling author of The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord, offers women a plan for taking charge of their lives--and starring in the unique role God has chosen them to play in the world. Providing the inspiration and the tools women need to face life's challenges, he teaches them how to:
Triumph in the face of adversity
Recognize the Lord's calling
Cr
Published July 1st 2003 by Berkley (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about God's Leading Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God's Leading Lady

Susie Michaels
Dec 07, 2014 Susie Michaels rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
T.D. Jakes teaches women how to recognize the beauty of being called by God. There are many great quotes in this book but one of my favorites is: "Make haste, my sister, and move ahead, even in the midst of criticism. Courage must be your companion as you do not have the luxury to linger with the fearful."
Neo Moseki
Mar 06, 2015 Neo Moseki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book that guides one into looking within themselves and to acknowledge the good, the bad and the ugly and see and allow God to renew and refresh one.
Grace Villard
Jan 14, 2008 Grace Villard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God is calling Woman of God to "lead". What has the Lord asked you to do and you ran? Bishop Jakes will help you to reconnect to that dream, vision, your destiny to be God's Leading Lady... God will push you to center stage and now you have to perform. Will you be ready? Have you been in His presence getting ready?
Life is a play, with acts, people and a script! Do you have God's script or your own? This is a good preparation book "to help you" take charge and take what is rightfully yours! God's
Ruby
Jan 15, 2008 Ruby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good book gives you and understanding of why you are special to God and should not except to be treated any less than that you were created for him by him and you should never settle for anything less then the best no matter what you have been thru and what your past might say about you ... you are still here for a reason take all things as a lesson and use them to go thru this life and be a testimony to someone else about the transition in your life ....
Kat
Nov 06, 2013 Kat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
I almost did not make it past the first couple chapters of this book. Jakes is sooo long winded sometimes. He gives these pointless, baseless childhood stories and its like get to the point already! I'm also not a fan of his big vocabulary. Like It really does not take all that to get your message across IMO. I am glad I finished it though. I did get a lot from it and I am glad I learned about the stories of women from the Bible that God used.
Jennifer Wilson
Feb 05, 2010 Jennifer Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book although the print was a little small in the copy I was reading. This book basically gave me hope that I can fulfill my dreams and I don't have to just take what life hands me but that I can have a say in my own life!
Amy Hutto
Jul 06, 2010 Amy Hutto rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a spiritually uplifting read. Just when you think you are just worn to the bone, find the women in the Bible that have walked the same path and what they did to get by. Sometimes I think his wife writes this stuff for him but....maybe not.
Sha
Nov 03, 2011 Sha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I was in school getting my associates degree this book helped me through it. to God BE THE GLORY
Cameo
This was a great book. A reminder that God holds you in high regard so you should do the same and put yourself on a pedestal. Reminded me that I am a daughter of the Most High!
Marilyn Diamond
I ended up going to see Bishop Jakes in Philadelphia after this book was published for a God's Leading Lady Conference and it was wonderful
Desire'e
I LOVE READING T. D. JAKES FOR HE ALWAYS ALLOWS FOR GOOD THOUGHTS AND INSIGHTS. WHICH I MYSELF WILL GO BACK AND READ AGAIN.
Cherry
Feb 09, 2013 Cherry marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Must read this book too sounds good
Niama Perrotte
Sep 13, 2015 Niama Perrotte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I felt like I could be a pastor's wife after reading this I guess
Tammy
wasnt feeling it
Denise
Jul 09, 2009 Denise marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Have but need to read.
Anita Dix-McLaughlin
One of my favorite Christian authors. Everything written by Bishop Jakes is a must read.
Peris
Oct 01, 2013 Peris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I would recommend this book to any new lady believer.It will beautifully propel them forward.
Sherene
Nov 23, 2014 Sherene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-the-soul
This book helped me to become acutely aware of God's presence in my life. Never again will I doubt my worth or significance on this earth!
Phrederica Holloway-Jordan
Phrederica Holloway-Jordan rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2015
Kopi Unique
Kopi Unique rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2016
Nicole Marshall
Nicole Marshall rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2012
Jermaine Small
Jermaine Small rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2015
Buttercup
Buttercup rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2013
Rena Burton
Rena Burton rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2013
Beatrice Louie
Beatrice Louie rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2015
Pearl Robinson
Pearl Robinson rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2012
Libby
Libby rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2008
Monica
Monica rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2007
  • The Princess Within: Restoring the Soul of a Woman
  • Sacred Singleness: The Set-Apart Girl's Guide to Purpose and Fulfillment
  • Woman to Woman: Candid Conversations from Me to You
  • Matters Of The Heart: Stop trying to fix the old - let God give you something new
  • Commanding Your Morning: Unleash the Power of God in Your Life
  • Until Today!: Daily Devotions for Spiritual Growth and Peace of Mind
  • Sassy, Single, & Satisfied
  • Daily Readings from Your Best Life Now: 90 Devotions for Living at Your Full Potential
  • A Modern Girl's Guide to Bible Study: A Refreshingly Unique Look at God's Word
  • The Case for Grace: A Journalist Explores the Evidence of Transformed Lives
  • Come Away My Beloved
  • The God Catchers: Experiencing the Manifest Presence of God
  • God Wants You to Be Rich: How and Why Everyone Can Enjoy Material and Spiritual Wealth in Our Abundant World
  • The Worn Out Woman: When Life is Full and Your Spirit is Empty
  • Releasing Your Potential: Exposing the Hidden You
  • For Married Women Only: Three Principles for Honoring Your Husband
  • Firsthand: Ditching Secondhand Religion for a Faith of Your Own
  • Unleashing the Scripture: Freeing the Bible from Captivity to America
Bishop T.D. Jakes is the author of the bestsellers God's Leading Lady; The Lady, Her Lover and Her Lord; Maximize the Moment; The Great Investment; His Lady; Woman, Thou art Loosed (the film of which won the Best Film Award at the Santa Barbara Film Festival) and He-Motions. His daily morning show The Potter's Touch and weekly broadcast The Potter's House air on Trinity Broadcasting Network and Bl ...more
More about T.D. Jakes...