Start by marking “No More Excuses: Be the Man God Made You to Be” as Want to Read:
No More Excuses: Be the Man God Made You to Be

No More Excuses: Be the Man God Made You to Be

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  7 reviews

Men look up to the guys who can take a hit and keep going. We respect the fighter who picks himself up off the canvas after a knock-out punch and hangs in until the final bell. The quarterback who gets blindsided but doesn't fumble the ball earns our approval.
Physical toughness like this is admirable, but it takes more than guts to become the men God made us to be, especia

Published April 7th 2006 by Crossway (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about No More Excuses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No More Excuses

Jessica
May 05, 2014 Jessica marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
No I'm not a man, but I am raising a son and thought this might be a useful read for me & my husband.
Bill
A practical and very direct book that gets at the very heart of the excuses men tend to make that prevent them from becoming everything that God wants them to be. A clarion call to men to quit making excuses and start living lives fully committed to Christ.
Mark
Sep 09, 2008 Mark rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mark by: was a birthday gift
I enjoyed Evans very practical approach to Christian living for men - challenging us to drop the excuses that we make for ourselves (ie blaming our past, etc). Even though his writing style is geared towards the urban male, this country boy found "No More Excuses" a refreshing read.

Would be a great book for a father to go thru with his teen / young adult son.
Jaime Contreras
This is a solid 'call-to-action' book for Christian men. Rev. Evans lays out all the excuses and failures of Christian men. While these type of men are the target, it can also serve as a call to all men to take and active and godly-man lead in their private and family lives. This is a motivational and spiritual book that will touch you and set you into action.
Benjamin
Really good book! Encourages men to step up and restore the broken or "un working" relations. You will find some allegories (i would say) also. There are some examples in the bible that he refers to which feeds more the purpose of his explanation. However, the book is good.
Don
As usual Tony delivers a very pointed and necessary message to us men. I highly recommend this book for all men who are committed to getting back in the only meaningful game in their life...the pursuit of Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
Justin
this has been an amazing book that has so challenged me. Every man should read it alteast once!
Steven Dees
Steven Dees is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2015
Annick Gikundiro
Annick Gikundiro marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Diana May Byrum
Diana May Byrum marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Nathalie
Nathalie is currently reading it
Jun 13, 2015
Ryan Mulder
Ryan Mulder marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Ike
Ike marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Jadyn Chua
Jadyn Chua is currently reading it
May 28, 2015
Joanne Lithgow
Joanne Lithgow marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Josette Stevens-Cooper
Josette Stevens-Cooper marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Ashllah
Ashllah marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Jason
Jason is currently reading it
May 05, 2015
Regina
Regina marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Elliott Pascal
Elliott Pascal marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Torrie
Torrie is currently reading it
Apr 05, 2015
Gordon
Gordon marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Zachary Cardoza
Zachary Cardoza is currently reading it
Mar 23, 2015
Andre Marshall
Andre Marshall is currently reading it
Mar 15, 2015
Desiree Perry
Desiree Perry marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Four Pillars of a Man's Heart: Bringing Strength into Balance
  • Christian History Made Easy: 13 Weeks to a Better Understanding of Church History
  • The Measure of a Man: Twenty Attributes of A Godly Man
  • Loose That Man and Let Him Go! with Workbook:
  • Godspeed: Making Christ's Mission Your Own
  • The Strategy of Satan: How to Detect and Defeat Him
  • How to Stay Christian in College
  • Vanishing Grace: What Ever Happened to the Good News?
  • Why Men Hate Going to Church
  • How to Pray
  • How Long, O Lord?: Reflections on Suffering and Evil
  • What in the World Is Going On?: 10 Prophetic Clues You Cannot Afford to Ignore
  • Manhood Restored: How the Gospel Makes Men Whole
  • The DNA of Relationships
  • Point Man: How a Man Can Lead His Family
  • The Art of Neighboring: Building Genuine Relationships Right Outside Your Door
  • Every Man's Battle: Winning the War on Sexual Temptation One Victory at a Time
  • The Man God Uses
American Christian pastor and radio broadcaster

Librarian note:
There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name
More about Tony Evans...
Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream Kingdom Woman: Embracing Your Purpose, Power, and Possibilities For Married Women Only: Three Principles for Honoring Your Husband Victory in Spiritual Warfare: Outfitting Yourself for the Battle The Battle is the Lord's: Waging Victorious Spiritual Warfare