Start by marking “No More Excuses: Be the Man God Made You to Be” as Want to Read:
No More Excuses: Be the Man God Made You to Be

No More Excuses: Be the Man God Made You to Be

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  7 reviews

Men look up to the guys who can take a hit and keep going. We respect the fighter who picks himself up off the canvas after a knock-out punch and hangs in until the final bell. The quarterback who gets blindsided but doesn't fumble the ball earns our approval.
Physical toughness like this is admirable, but it takes more than guts to become the men God made us to be, especia

Published April 7th 2006 by Crossway (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about No More Excuses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No More Excuses

Jessica
May 05, 2014 Jessica marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
No I'm not a man, but I am raising a son and thought this might be a useful read for me & my husband.
Bill
A practical and very direct book that gets at the very heart of the excuses men tend to make that prevent them from becoming everything that God wants them to be. A clarion call to men to quit making excuses and start living lives fully committed to Christ.
Mark
Sep 09, 2008 Mark rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mark by: was a birthday gift
I enjoyed Evans very practical approach to Christian living for men - challenging us to drop the excuses that we make for ourselves (ie blaming our past, etc). Even though his writing style is geared towards the urban male, this country boy found "No More Excuses" a refreshing read.

Would be a great book for a father to go thru with his teen / young adult son.
Jaime Contreras
This is a solid 'call-to-action' book for Christian men. Rev. Evans lays out all the excuses and failures of Christian men. While these type of men are the target, it can also serve as a call to all men to take and active and godly-man lead in their private and family lives. This is a motivational and spiritual book that will touch you and set you into action.
Benjamin
Really good book! Encourages men to step up and restore the broken or "un working" relations. You will find some allegories (i would say) also. There are some examples in the bible that he refers to which feeds more the purpose of his explanation. However, the book is good.
Don
As usual Tony delivers a very pointed and necessary message to us men. I highly recommend this book for all men who are committed to getting back in the only meaningful game in their life...the pursuit of Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
Justin
this has been an amazing book that has so challenged me. Every man should read it alteast once!
Reanna Stephens
Reanna Stephens marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
LCS0170
LCS0170 marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Jimmy Williams
Jimmy Williams marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Kadeem Morrison
Kadeem Morrison marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Josh Witry
Josh Witry is currently reading it
Oct 24, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Nick
Nick marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Kyle Kindred
Kyle Kindred marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Patrick Chittenden
Patrick Chittenden is currently reading it
Sep 30, 2014
Robert Arnold
Robert Arnold marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Iwuagwu Uchenna
Iwuagwu Uchenna marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Rodney
Rodney marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Maurice Mccullough
Maurice Mccullough marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Elder Michael
Elder Michael marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Michael Parker
Michael Parker marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Mari Van
Mari Van marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
  • The Measure of a Man: Twenty Attributes of A Godly Man
  • Four Pillars of a Man's Heart: Bringing Strength into Balance
  • The DNA of Relationships
  • How to Stay Christian in College
  • The God Who Sees You: Look to Him When You Feel Discouraged, Forgotten, or Invisible
  • Hand Me Another Brick
  • How to Pray
  • Handle with Prayer: Unwrap the Source of God's Strength for Living
  • Manhood Restored: How the Gospel Makes Men Whole
  • Point Man: How a Man Can Lead His Family
  • What in the World Is Going On?: 10 Prophetic Clues You Cannot Afford to Ignore
  • The Art of Neighboring: Building Genuine Relationships Right Outside Your Door
Kingdom Man: Every Man's Destiny, Every Woman's Dream Kingdom Woman: Embracing Your Purpose, Power, and Possibilities For Married Women Only: Three Principles for Honoring Your Husband Victory in Spiritual Warfare: Outfitting Yourself for the Battle The Battle is the Lord's: Waging Victorious Spiritual Warfare