Start by marking “Sleeping with Mortals: The Story of a New York Mistress” as Want to Read:
Sleeping with Mortals: The Story of a New York Mistress

Sleeping with Mortals: The Story of a New York Mistress

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  6 reviews
What is it like to be the mistress of a god of Mount Olympus That is, the mistress of a very wealthy and well-respected married man? Victoria Messing moves to New York City at the age of nineteen to fulfill her quest to become a career mistress and self-proclaimed gold-digger. Blinded by her own ambition - or lack thereof - Victoria decides to conquer the world of men. Vic ...more
Published February 14th 2011 by Mountainland Publishing (first published January 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping with Mortals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping with Mortals

AvidReader47
Cathrine Goldstein is a new writer with grit, attitude, and humor. Sleeping with Mortals will leave you wanting more; it was unputdownable. Victoria Messing does whatever it takes to make it in New York City from sleeping with her married plastic surgeon, dating a mafia boss, to seducing the Chinese delivery man because she was desperate for food. Just to warn you, there are some explicit sex scenes. Sleeping with Mortals will arrive just in time for Valentine's Day.
Suz
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads and really enjoyed it! This was a fun, light, easy-to-read story with lots of interesting characters and many erotic encounters. I like the twist at the very end for the main character - which I won't spoil for other readers! I would definitely recommend it.

Krystal
I actually liked the determination of the main character, and I laughed at her skewed morals. The story is told humorously and with very good insight. I really enjoyed the main characters' mishaps and successes. This is a great read for adults.
Sansha Johnson
A well written style but at the end of the day, I'm just not a fan of the 'bad boy' romantic ideal that I think is portrayed in Goldstein's obsession and idealization of her rapist (euphemistically described as 'forced sex).
Oriana
Mar 15, 2011 Oriana marked it as to-read
neat, I won another giveaway! although, actually, did I really enter this one? this book looks... like maybe not my cup of tea. maybe I thought it was a memoir.
Winter Sophia Rose
Funny & Addictive! Could Not Put It Down!
Mindy
Mindy added it
Apr 16, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Lauren Probinsky
Lauren Probinsky marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
M. Layne
M. Layne marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
OddModicum Rachel
OddModicum Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Yolanda Ramos
Yolanda Ramos marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Maqsood Mohammed
Maqsood Mohammed marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
  • Virtual Strangers
  • You Don't Have to Say
  • The Medusa Amulet
  • Celebrity, Inc.: How Famous People Make Money
  • First Dance (The Bridesmaid Chronicles, #3)
  • Sudden Moves
  • Sex, Drugs, and Being an Escort
  • Leftovers
  • Sealed with a Kill (A Decoupage Mystery, #3)
  • Shapes: Nature's Patterns: A Tapestry in Three Parts
  • Forever In Lingerie (Bare Naked Designs, #1)
  • Black Girl, Will Travel: Wheels Up....
  • The Guru in You: A Personalized Program for Rejuvenating Your Body and Soul: Unlock the Powers of Health and Healing Within
Given my love for cities and all that is gritty, my new obsession with trees really has me stumped. (Sorry.) Maybe it's because trees are the inspiration behind my new YA/NA novel, THE LETTING.
Whatever the reason for my new infatuation, some things remain constant -- like my love for: coffee (although sadly, it's now decaf); yoga; Luna bars (I am petitioning for them to bring back Chocolate Raspb
More about Cathrine Goldstein...
The Letting