Start by marking “Sleeping with Mortals: The Story of a New York Mistress” as Want to Read:
Sleeping with Mortals: The Story of a New York Mistress

Sleeping with Mortals: The Story of a New York Mistress

What is it like to be the mistress of a god of Mount Olympus That is, the mistress of a very wealthy and well-respected married man? Victoria Messing moves to New York City at the age of nineteen to fulfill her quest to become a career mistress and self-proclaimed gold-digger. Blinded by her own ambition - or lack thereof - Victoria decides to conquer the world of men. Vic ...more
Published February 14th 2011 by Mountainland Publishing (first published January 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sleeping with Mortals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleeping with Mortals

Wendy-Lynn
Dec 03, 2010 Wendy-Lynn rated it it was amazing
Cathrine Goldstein is a new writer with grit, attitude, and humor. Sleeping with Mortals will leave you wanting more; it was unputdownable. Victoria Messing does whatever it takes to make it in New York City from sleeping with her married plastic surgeon, dating a mafia boss, to seducing the Chinese delivery man because she was desperate for food. Just to warn you, there are some explicit sex scenes. Sleeping with Mortals will arrive just in time for Valentine's Day.
Suz
Mar 01, 2011 Suz rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads and really enjoyed it! This was a fun, light, easy-to-read story with lots of interesting characters and many erotic encounters. I like the twist at the very end for the main character - which I won't spoil for other readers! I would definitely recommend it.

ILoveBooks
Mar 04, 2011 ILoveBooks rated it really liked it
I actually liked the determination of the main character, and I laughed at her skewed morals. The story is told humorously and with very good insight. I really enjoyed the main characters' mishaps and successes. This is a great read for adults.
Sansha Johnson
Oct 24, 2011 Sansha Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written style but at the end of the day, I'm just not a fan of the 'bad boy' romantic ideal that I think is portrayed in Goldstein's obsession and idealization of her rapist (euphemistically described as 'forced sex).
Oriana
Mar 15, 2011 Oriana marked it as to-read
neat, I won another giveaway! although, actually, did I really enter this one? this book looks... like maybe not my cup of tea. maybe I thought it was a memoir.
Winter Sophia Rose
Aug 09, 2014 Winter Sophia Rose rated it it was amazing
Funny & Addictive! Could Not Put It Down!
Dana
Dana rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2014
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2011
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2012
Roniya
Roniya rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2012
Katie Horniacek
Katie Horniacek rated it liked it
May 31, 2014
Jae
Jae rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2011
Gail
Gail rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2013
Tonyageorge
Tonyageorge rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2012
putri hasquita
putri hasquita rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2011
Cathrine Goldstein
Jan 22, 2011 Cathrine Goldstein rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lawlie
Lawlie rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2011
Kk
Kk rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
May 26, 2011
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2012
Beth Mallor
Beth Mallor rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2011
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2012
Nozibrab
Nozibrab rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2014
Monica
Monica rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2013
Jaime
Jaime rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2013
Michael Murphy
Michael Murphy rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2011
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2011
Shaula Brown
Shaula Brown rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2012
  • Jump the Shark: When Good Things Go Bad
  • Complete MBA For Dummies
  • The Big Lie: Motherhood, Feminism, and the Reality of the Biological Clock
  • Chastened: The Unexpected Story of My Year without Sex
  • Mummy, Come Home: The True Story Of A Mother Kidnapped And Torn From Her Children
  • Stop the Clock
I am a bestselling author of gritty romance novels, and a New York City girl at heart.

I am the author of The Letting and The Coupling, Books 1 and 2 of The Letting series; and Summer of Irreverence—The Rock Star, the first book in The New York Artists Series, stand-alone novels featuring strong, talented men and the surprising women they fall for.

I have my B.A. in English and my M.A. in Theatre.
More about Cathrine Goldstein...