Start by marking “60 Seconds and You're Hired!” as Want to Read:
60 Seconds and You're Hired!

60 Seconds and You're Hired!

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  23 reviews

Now fully revised and updated-the must-have guide to acing the interview and landing the dream job

For the past decade, 60 Seconds & You're Hired! has helped thousands of job seekers get the perfect job by excelling at the crucial job interview. Now, in this new edition, America's top career coach Robin Ryan offers proven strategies to help readers take charge of the i

MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published November 2nd 2009 by Blackstone Audio, Inc. (first published December 31st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about 60 Seconds and You're Hired!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 60 Seconds and You're Hired!

الكتاب يتحدث عن مقابلات العمل والتقنيات التي من الممكن أن تعزز فرصك في الحصول على الشاغر المتوفر،

يمكن اختصاره في فكرتين:
الفكرة الأولى هي "لا تتعدى 60 ثانية" -وهي عنوان الكتاب تقريبا- أي أن تجهز للتعريف عن نفسك في 60 بحيث تُظهر أهم المهارات والخبرات التي تربطك بالعمل الذي تسعى للحصول عليه خلال المقابلة، وأن لا تتعدى إجاباتك على أي من أسئلة المقابلة حاجز الـ60 ثانية. وفي كلا الحالتين فالتفسير أن الأشخاص الذين يقومون بمقابلة المرشحين للعمل غالبا ما يفقدون تركيزهم مع المتكلم بعد 60 ثانية، وإن كان هذ
"Believing in yourself is the starting point. Effectively communicating your abilities to others is the necessity."

When going through the long and arduous process of applying for jobs and participating in the interview process, it is necessary to have a seamless game-plan. The authur, Robin Ryan, shows how effective a prospective employee can convey/"sell" who they are to any employer in 60-seconds. I have learned to use Ryan's 5-Point agenda method to prepare for interviews. In choosing your 5
Kater Cheek
I got this book because it promised interview techinques, which it delivered... to a point.
I found a similar problem with this as with many other resume-writing and prepare-to-get-a-job type resources in that they seem to assume I've got a lot more work experience than I have. No, I've never been CEO of a multinational corporation nor have I increased their bottom line by 60%. It wasn't ridiculous though, because they at least offered different examples.

This isn't the sort of book you can easil
A really quick and condensed straight to the point book about job interviews. No doubt some of the main techniques of this book will serve me in the futur. The author also makes sure to give clear examples for every single possible questions you can get. Highly recommend !
This book was recommended to me by someone in my field (academia), but it seemed like it would be much more useful for someone with a more "corporate" job.
Great Advice

This book was so insightful. I am starting my 5 pts agenda and 60 second sell today. I can't wait.
Jakub Malinowski
It is not something Penguin would usually publish, it is actually a self-help book. Worth skimming.
Peter Owens
I hate these kinds of books, but it honestly helped me get a job. Do with that what you will.
meh... it wasn't too bad. there were a lot of potential questions you might face in an interview presented and possible answers to base yours on given. Ryan was big on this 60 second sell where you try to summarize your 3-5 key skills and abilities to the interviewers and using it for a large percentage of questions.

some of the advice seemed good, but for an individual in the public administration field - i felt the focus on business examples were largely not applicable.
A great book! It's short enough that you can use it to prepare for an interview in a day. Definitely recommended for people who don't have a lot of interview experience. The book includes potential questions and what you need to think of when answering those. Even if u don't necessarily encounter the exact same questions at the interview it is a great way to put your thoughts and skills in order to make u feel and be prepared to discuss your skills and assets.
Comprehensive read equally relevant to the interview and the interviewee. The 60 seconds is analogous to the elevator pitch and a lot of the examples are relevant to several aspects of business. Worth reading whether you are looking for work, or looking for staff. I got bored at times but forced myself to finish the book and found useful information even in sections that I felt weren't relevant to me.
This seems like a common sense guide but it is amazing how many things I hadn't thought about when it comes to interviewing. Right now I am giving it three stars because I haven't had the opportunity to use what I've learned. So maybe an update is forthcoming if I have any job interviews in the near future.
This book is full of tons of practice questions with suggested paths to take to answer the questions. It was all in all really helpful. I really liked the thought of a verbal business card. It made me think about 5 points in my career that I should focus attention on during an interview.
Sarah Camp
It was quite informative and a great study/prep book; but in all honesty, I stopped reading shortly before a big interview so that I could focus on my preparation for it and never picked it up again (since I got the job).
Really good book with lots of helpful phrasing and tips. Much of it said what I wanted to express and had good answers to tricky questions. Great for highlighting and I will use again in the future I'm sure!
Diane Fisher
Simple, fantastic insights into a challenging process. Easily read in a short time. Focus on the key points.

One of the best books I've found to prepare you for job interviews. I've used it for years with pretty good success.
Katie Dale
What can I say, I'm looking for a job so I have to read the boring stuff before I can start fun reading again.
Abarca principalmente posibles preguntas y respuestas de una entrevista.
This was good- jam-packed with good questions and ideas for good answers.
Colby Christian
Read this to prep for interviewing! Very very helpful
Good job hunt advice
Very informative. Great tips.
Kim is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2015
wenra marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Allison is currently reading it
Nov 19, 2015
Christopher marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
  • Better Than Normal: How What Makes You Different Can Make You Exceptional
  • The Science of Skinny: Start Understanding Your Body's Chemistry--and Stop Dieting Forever
  • 101 Great Answers to Toughest Interview Questions
  • Straying From the Path
  • Annie's Hero
  • Soul Hunt (Evie Scelan, #3)
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Personal Finance in your 20'sand 30's
  • Dreamer's Dictionary
  • The Right-Brain Business Plan: A Creative, Visual Map for Success
  • In the Kingdom of the Sick: A Social History of Chronic Illness in America
  • The Lion Throne
  • J.D. Robb In Death: The First Cases (In Death #1 & 2)
  • How to Work for an Idiot: Survive & Thrive Without Killing Your Boss
  • Running with the Pack

“You’ll never know what you can achieve until you try. Just never, ever give up.” 1 likes
“Interview etiquette is now on center stage in corporate America. Dress, image, and personal presentation are undergoing greater scrutiny than ever before.” 0 likes