Start by marking “Blood Sacrifice (Blood Lines #5)” as Want to Read:
Blood Sacrifice (Blood Lines #5)

Blood Sacrifice (Blood Lines #5)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  193 ratings  ·  23 reviews
"All's fair in blood and war. . . ."Talk about wedding crashers from hell. Keira Kelly and her sexy vampire king, Adam, are about to tie the proverbial knot--sort of--when an uninvited blood relative shows up to cast a long, dark shadow over the happy occasion. Adam's brother Gideon comes bearing the one-size-fits-all gift of bad news: an ancient, convoluted Challenge thro ...more
Published August 30th 2011 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Blood Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Sacrifice

Stacy
Reviewed by http://urbanfantasyinvestigations.blo...

Wow when it rains it pours, everything that could go wrong seems to go wrong in book number 5 of the Blood Lines series. BLOOD SACRIFICE picks up right where BLOOD HEAT ended (within seconds really). I was shocked by the ending of BLOOD HEAT and I pretty much stayed shocked throughout the entire reading experience that was BLOOD SACRIFICE.

Disaster after disaster, family loyalty, magic, dark magic, shocking revelations, and some great action ar
Bookaholics
Blood Sacrifice by Maria Lima
Urban Fantasy- Aug. 30th, 2011
4 ½ stars

As the fifth in her Blood Lines series, this story comes to a satisfying ending unlike the cliffhanger from the previous book. It makes me wonder if the author will continue this enthralling paranormal series.

Kiera Kelly is the heir to the powerful Kelly clan. As the heir she has inherited all of the magical skills, instead of just one like the rest of her family. She and her vampire lover Adam are to be married when their celeb
Tara (box5angel)
The beginning started off pretty slow. It didn't get going until the gang went to San Antonio (not a spoiler, it's stated on the back cover of the book), and after that it took off. So very good! Keira Kelly is one of my fave uf/pr heroines. She seemed a little different in this book but I think that's because I read the 4th book, Blood Heat a while ago and have read other uf/pr books in between and kind of "forgotten" her character's personality a little bit.

Anyway, so much happens and so many
Kelly
(3.5 stars) On her blog, Maria Lima states that Blood Sacrifice is the final Blood Lines book — at least for now. Blood Sacrifice is a fitting conclusion, and one of the best installments in the series.

The end of Blood Heat was a doozy: Keira’s power-hungry ex, Gideon, had just crashed Keira and Adam’s royal bash and challenged their right to their lands. With him were two women: Gideon’s pregnant bride — the Seelie queen’s daughter — and Keira’s own mother.

Gideon’s claim is that the land does n
Scooper Speaks
Favorite Lines: “He was trouble with a capital fuck-me-for-being-so-stupid.” (p. 61)

Maria Lima stated Blood Sacrifice is most likely the last book in the Blood Line series because the major plot line is wrapped up in the book. This makes the story especially important because I expect all of the questions raised or hinted at in previous books to be answered and for there to be NO CLIFFHANGER! Blood Sacrifice is book five in the series. It picks up within seconds of Blood Heat’s ending.

Blood Sacr
Anika
I give this book 2 two stars yet I think it deserves 1 star. The first third of the book was Keira’s crew trying to find out what the challenge entailed. Keira was upset and feeling helpless and expressing it continually which was boring/reparative. I was irritated too that frequently they referred to their partners as “love”. This is maybe a cultural thing from where you live I don’t know any story or anybody who calls their lover by “love”; baby, sweetie, honey, darling and boo maybe. Also, I ...more
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Rating* 3.0
*Genre* Paranormal Romance

*Review*

Blood Sacrifice, by Maria Lima, is the fifth book in the Blood Lines series. The story itself picks up right on the heels of Blood Heat where Keira Kelly was named as the Kelly family heir and has returned to Texas to gather her court alongside her vampire husband and partner Adam who is part Unseelie fae.

As the celebration is taking off, her cousin, and former lover Gideon, also a challenger to the title of Kelly clan heir, makes a startling challe
Fantasy Literature
On her blog, Maria Lima states that Blood Sacrifice is the final BLOOD LINES book — at least for now. Blood Sacrifice is a fitting conclusion, and one of the best installments in the series.

Gideon’s claim is that the land does not recognize
Darcy
While I liked this book, it wasn't up the rest of them. It seems like through most of the book Keira and company bumble their way through things reacting instead of trying to slow down and think things through. By doing this they paid a very steep price at the end, one which turns their world on end. It will be very interesting to see the ramifications in future books.
Cherie Phillips
I did enjoy this book as much as any others in the series although I must admit the end did confuse me somewhat considering they won the battle but packed up and left anyway and there really wasn't any explanation as to why. But still a good read if you are a fan of the series.
Tia
Like the rest of the series, I enjoyed this book immensely. In all honesty, it is probably my favorite book out of the series. I hope there are many man. All I can say is THANK GOD Gideon is GONE! lol Sorry for the spoiler..
Nora-adrienne
Leave it to Maria Lima to give us this great "Rockem Sockem" adventure and almost hand us a "Dallas" style cliff hanger. THEN she tops it all with a soft ending that leaves us begging for the next book.
Boneist
Now *that's* more like it! This one is by far the best of the series.

Phew! I was beginning to think there was no hope for it to improve!
Mysteryfan
his tied up the stories relatively neatly but left doors open for the future for the characters. I liked the resolutions
I absolutely adore this world and these characters. They just get better and better! I can wait to see what awaits us in London!
Wogc
Ok Paranormal romance / urban fantasy book, but not a spectacular one (rather a 2.5 than a real 3/5)
Rhonda Hainer
I like this series, could be better if it were a little more action orientated.
**Danielle** Kindle Lover
Great follow up from the last book.. lots of action and a really good read.
Linda
The last of a five book series paranormal romantic fantasy. Nicely done.
Pat
I have really enjoyed this series and am sorry to see it end!
Maria
Are there any more? Too many people died...
Sabrina
J kljkjghddashggkjñlj
Brandy Perkins
Brandy Perkins marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Jeremiah Ferrill
Jeremiah Ferrill marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
  • Burn the Night (Dark Days, #6)
  • Angel Town (Jill Kismet, #6)
  • Graveyard Child (The Black Sun's Daughter, #5)
  • The Bitter Seed of Magic (Spellcrackers.com, # 3)
  • Eventide (Dark Ink Chronicles, #3)
  • The Neon Graveyard (Signs of the Zodiac, #6)
  • That Old Black Magic (Living In Eden, #3)
  • Shadow Fall (Shadowchasers, #3)
  • The Deadliest Bite (Jaz Parks, #8)
  • Concrete Savior (Dark Redemption, #2)
  • Shady Lady (Corine Solomon, #3)
  • Hellhound (Deadtown, #5)
  • Another Kind of Dead (Dreg City, #3)
  • Eye of the Tempest (Jane True, #4)
  • Alien Research (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #8)
  • Blood Secrets (Alexandra Sabian, #2)
  • Green Eyed Envy (Shades of Fury, #2)
I write dead people...no really.

I'm a writing geek with one foot in the real world and the other in the make-believe.

Sometime before the Revolution, I was born in Matanzas, Cuba, to a family of voracious readers and would-be writers.

In 1961, when it was clear that the situation wasn't going to change, my family emigrated to the United States, where I then discovered the magic of books...loads of b
More about Maria Lima...
Matters Of The Blood (Blood Lines #1) Blood Bargain (Blood Lines, #2) Blood Kin (Blood Lines, #3) Blood Heat (Blood Lines #4) Collected Works from an Unrepentant Writer