Start by marking “Zondervan NIV Study Bible, Large Print” as Want to Read:
Zondervan NIV Study Bible, Large Print

Zondervan NIV Study Bible, Large Print

4.69 of 5 stars 4.69  ·  rating details  ·  613 ratings  ·  66 reviews
The Zondervan NIV Study Bible is the #1 bestselling study Bible in the bestselling NIV translation. And now it includes for 2008 a 25% revision to the over 20,000 in-text study notes and a library of study resources at your fingertips. This edition also includes a 130-page topical index for more in-depth study. Excellent for home school use.
Published December 1st 2002 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Zondervan NIV Study Bible, Large Print, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zondervan NIV Study Bible, Large Print

Tracy
Falina
I FINISHED THE BIBLE. No big deal, just got to page 2147 and finished reading the most influential piece of literature in the Western world. But I don't think I'm going to really review it, because how do you do that? Looking at it just as a book, it really isn't very good. It's tedious, repetitive, contradictory, and the quality of the writing varies depending on the author. But it really isn't about the Bible as a book. What's really important is the ideology the Bible represents and the way i ...more
Tom
Nov 06, 2008 Tom rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all Bible readers
While there are other many study Bibles on the market, this is the best. It has excellent explanatory notes, maps, charts, introductions to each book, and indexes. The TNIV translation is superb, better than the NIV and as good as the NRSV (which I also recommend). Its overall viewpoint is "scholarly conservative," a useful perspective when dealing with a world classic such as the Bible. Its only real drawback is that it does not include the Apocrypha or Deutero-canonical books.
Caroline Kipps
May 03, 2012 Caroline Kipps is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Trying to actually read the Bible from cover to cover, with all the notes in this edition. I'm up to Moses...this could take a while.
Sylvan Finger
Anytime I want to know what the Lutheran church believes or just look at how to write an argument, this books rocks. Any member of the Lutheran church ought to hold to these arguments. If the argument is not defined by scripture then it ought not be in this collection of documents. As far as I know, there is not even one of those arguments.
Angela
Mar 11, 2008 Angela rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Angela by: The people that raised me
I have been raised with the coriculum in this book in my schooling and play

I went to a Christian Church as a child then was Christian homeschool and during this whole time I went to church were this book was preached.

In it I find a lot of guildlines on how to live a respectful life

For anyone seeking direction in their life and need examples to show them this is a great book.

I make up a lot of songs out of the Songs of Solumons and enjoy many of the parables

Angela Langr
Amy
This one tops them all.
Mark Oppenlander
I don't know that one has much choice but to rate this book highly. Even if you are not a religious person, it is one of the most diverse, thought-provoking and influential books of all time. As a professing Christian it has even more significance to me . . .

This is my third or fourth time reading through a Bible cover to cover and my first time through the NIV since college classes. It took me a couple of years to complete this reading cover to cover.

I like the clean, straightforward translati
Vin
A book that everyone should read at least once in their life. [Just as they should read the Koran, Buddhist, Hindu, and even Wicca Text [As well as ethnic religious works.]

The Book is really two parts, the Old and the New Testament

The first is about the movement of God's work from the individual man, to a family, to a chosen people, and then the prediction of the movement to all people. It reflects the power that we all seek to understand, and declares it constant and close at hand, always ac
Joy
This is a great edition of the Bible.

First of all, it's NIV. The NIV is a thought for thought translation so it's not as difficult to read like some of the word for word translations while still being very accurate and close to the original Greek and Hebrew.

Second of all, it's a study Bible. No matter why you're reading the Bible be it curiosity or you're a Christian or it was assigned to you for literature class, you're going to need a little help. Parts of the Bible can be very confusing. The
Poiema
I read the (old) NIV for 20 years before switching to the NKJV. While I realize there are a few questionable translation decisions, overall I found it to be fresh, succinct, and clear. The Zondervan notes are very good and there are classy, quality leather editions available for the serious student.
Diane Gihring
May 24, 2012 Diane Gihring rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone in the world
Recommended to Diane by: Norma Arthurs
This is my favorite translation and edition of the Bible. It has great study notes at the bottom of every page. They provide parallels from one passage to another and make connections outside of the bible to other historical events and resources to help give some content to events in the bible. I also really like the introductions to each book. It helps me to see what the main ideas are of each book and some historical context as well about the author and the date it was written.

I highly recomme
Catherine
I started reading this edition of the Bible the week of Christmas with the goal to read it by the end of this year. I read it just like I would read any book - straight through. Two things that helped were that it is a study bible for adults, & it is in large print. :-)
Bill
No problem with the NKJV version of the Bible in and of itself, but I got the electronic version for use on my Kindle. It is very difficult to navigate electronically in this format.
Theresa Inman
Love my Bible

I love my Bible, the only thing I would want different is being able to look up scriptures easier and being able to write notes.
Malcolm Forman
A gift from my aunt. This was the first bible I owned for many years and I love the study guides and how it explains things in a bit more detail. This is the only paper bible I own or use
Maria
This is a great version. I saw this at amazon for 199 or 110 dollars that is rediculous. I bought this bible new from another source at about 14.99 I bought two and gave one as a gift. who ever is selling this product that high is way off base. Still this is a great Bible the NKJ version is alot easier to read especially for those who are just learning the English languege. Dont buy it for 199 dollars not even the best study bibles are worth that much.
James
I'm not sure I can give it more than 3 stars until the lists of atrocities are placed alongside the lists of good deeds ... then, I'd still have to factor for lasting moral values ... then, divide for plausability of coexisting mores of the time.
But I love the way this book gives you many of the definitions of words being used and the many possible explanations for what these words mean.
Kimmie
After reading the THE STORY THE BIBLE AS ONE CONTINUING STORY OF GOD AND HIS PEOPLE, I am ready to finally read the Bible all the way through. I am starting in James as it is one of the earliest books of the NT written. I plan to go to John from there and go back to Matthew. I'm listening to God's Masterwork a survey of the NT by Chuck Swindoll so my thoughts may change.
Gary
I spent months looking for a great translation for my youth group. This is the best I found for teens and young adults. It is very readable and understandable, but only takes interpretive license with the Greek when it absolutely has to for the intended audience. It is also full of great pictures and illustrations to remind students that these are actual places and events.
Michelle
I have tried so many times to read the bible all the way through and this year I FINALLY did it. It took all year but I finally finished! I had a hard time in Leviticus but read so many new passages and learned so much contextually. Loved Chuck Swindolls intros - like a little mini sermon at the beginning of each book and little insights throughout.
Kristin
how do you give a star rating to the Bible? :) I like the TNIV translation because it pays close attention to the Greek gendered pronouns, and "corrects" in a sense, the translation to reflect a more gender-aware reading. When the Greek pronoun is intended for men and women, the TNIV translates it so, opting for more inclusive words.
Angus McDonald
The Word of God. The topical study elements of this particular NIV translation do a good job of helping you link related passages together, although you are always best off doing a lot of that work yourself. My first and favourite Bible (I actually have the leather/gaffer-tape bound version).
Anne Greene
3 Jun 2010
Currently reading the book of Job. When I tell folks my line of work, they usually respond with something regarding my patience, and how much of it I must possess. If they're religious, they also mention Job, so I wanted to read and see what they were referring to.
Jostalady
This is the main bible I read from these days. I read all the study notes, bring out two other bibles to compare. It is slow going, but I am not in a hurry. This is very important to me. I have also been supplementing with bible history, commentary and discarded books.
Steve
THE inspired Word of God. I found the notes on the translation, introductions, study notes and maps in this Study Bible Edition to be a great supplement to the reading. I will continue to keep studying the Word, just not straight through for a while.
Daniel Kim
the TNIV is an updated version of the NIV. the committee went through and made changes to improve the accuracy and clarity of some disputed passages including the use of gender inclusive language. my preferred translation for everyday use.
Cortney
Apr 04, 2008 Cortney rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
This book is the gift that keeps on giving no matter how many times I read the same words, new meanings are extracted. The best way to read this book is a chapter a week, by breaking up the versus to daily readings. Great stuff!
Craig
I read from this biblical volume while taking a class addressing the concept of the Bible as literature. This class and this book is where I basically became convinced that my undergraduate degree would be a philological one.
Brendan
Of course I have actually read the Bible, believe it or not, cover to cover...once.

I am currently doing a study on Nehemiah based specifically on revelations of leadership traits. I got this idea from Dungy's book.
  • Zondervan Handbook to the Bible
  • The Search for the Twelve Apostles
  • The Message New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs
  • Basics of Biblical Greek Workbook
  • The One Year Bible New International Version
  • The Treasury of David, Volmes #1-3(The Treasury of David #1-3)
  • Jesus: An Intimate Portrait of the Man, His Land, and His People
  • New Testament History
  • God Will Make a Way: What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do
  • The Letter to the Romans
  • Baptism and Fullness: The Work of the Holy Spirit Today
  • The Women's Bible Commentary with Apocrypha (Expanded Edition)
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...
The Arabian Nights The Epic of Gilgamesh The Quran The Bhagavad Gita Life Application Study Bible: NIV

“2Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.” 0 likes
“10There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without *significance. 11Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a *foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.” 0 likes