Closer (Merry Kinkmas)

Closer (Merry Kinkmas)

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  134 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Judy has a bad habit, one that gets worse during the busy Christmas season. She likes to rub against strangers on trains. And with all the hot businessmen on her route, she's not kicking the habit anytime soon. After all, she's not really hurting anyone. But she definitely feels dirty when a gorgeous stranger catches her in the act-until it's clear he wants to join in, and...more
Published December 7th 2010 by Ellora's Cave

Jess
Ha! My friend Juls asked to read this. Apparently the the concept reminded her of me and my train commutes.

Just to be clear...I just sometimes stare a mens crotches on the trains...I don't rub up against them.

It was a fun read, the sex in the gross train toilet was surprisingly hot. I wanted to know more about Holt. It was just shorter than I expected. That's the only gripe I had with this one.
Anesha †Curious & Obsessive Bookworm†
I'm all for reading bout random hook-ups/ steaming rendezvous!!

But the habit?? smh

This girl, Judy had my eye brows raised with incredulity... No joke!! And then the guy just... all commanding, daring n hot.... Gosh I was so torn between this.

For one, rational thinking kept kicking in - What if he's a killer, who says he's a good guy in general...

But then - it's a book, and although these stuff may happen in real life - this fiction aspect allowed my rational thinking to take a back seat...

And it...more
Nisha-Anne
This was ... mystifying. I was more intrigued than actually relating to our heroine, and perhaps the rapid escalation didn't quite take me along as it has with slightly startling accuracy in other Charlotte Stein works. But I did love the emotional reveal at the end, even if it did make me a little wistful about the wordlength constraints. I do so love how Charlotte Stein heroines are never quite comfortable with the concept of love and how usually that is the final little hurdle. That I always...more
Juls
ok, wow! if only i were single and had a thing for rubbin on ppl on trains!
i really wanted more from this book, like more story, more action and just more of everything. it took me less than an hour to read it and it got me all hot n bothered within only that short amount of time! whew! that was HOT!!!
Linda
A smutty quick read about encounters on the subway. Oh, and imagine my *fangirlsquee* when it was dedicated to AS, a tall, northern God? =D 3,5 Stars.
Molly
Quick read. Would have been nice to be a bit more expanded.
Whitney St-Marseille
Why does Charlotte Stein always invent such great characters only to abandon them in a short little novella?! Holt could be the next big fantasy-guy out there, if he was in an actual book. Once again, I loved the idea of this story, but it felt like just the beginning.
Tara
Another quickie from Charlotte Stein that does the trick, but I would have preferred more story here.
RIF
2.5-3 and there's nothing bad about this novella. It's just so short that it has to ramp up too quickly and while I like the ending it left me thinking "is that all there is?". It may not be fair to lower a rating mainly bc of lack of length, but I can't say I'd recommend this unless you are determined to read everything this author, whose voice so appeals to me, has written. Which apparently I am!
Asmaa
I LOVED Mrs. Stein book Shelterd (it's in my top5 of 2012-faves-reads) and so I tried to check more of her books but unfortunately this one wasn't the ONE. Very short, it didn't delivered a lot, maybe if it was expanded it could have been better. But i'm not losing hope, I'll try with another book!!
J.A. Canter
Love it - it's so different and quirky. Only Stein can deliver these things in a tidy little bundle and have it be just so good! The length - I never mind her short ones. Sometimes I want to read a complete piece in a short amount of time. This definitely is one of those :) Love it.
Carolyn F.
A girl likes to rub up on people and be rubbed upon while on a train and is caught in the act. The guy the next day puts himself behind her. And then they start some kind of kinky game. Short story. 30 pages. Would probably go well in an anthology.
PNR
I was so excited to read this because I thought it was going to be about hidden but public sex, and it's not. Super short but pretty hot (2.5 stars)
Cyn Mistress Kitty
My, my, my, what a naughty kinky Christmas story. Gives new meaning to spreading holiday cheer. "Oh Come all ye Faithful" keeps playing in my head.
Katherine O'Grady
V short, v dirty, a lot of fun.

Bought from Kobo.
May 02, 2012 Bri rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: erotica
Short, hot read.
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Sharee
Sharee marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Epilogue1212
Epilogue1212 marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
3200938
Charlotte Stein has written over thirty short stories, novellas and novels, including entries in The Mammoth Book of Hot Romance and Best New Erotica 10. Her latest work, Run To You, was recently a DABWAHA finalist. When not writing deeply emotional and intensely sexy books, she can be found eating jelly turtles, watching terrible sitcoms and occasionally lusting after hunks. For more on Charlotte...more
More about Charlotte Stein...
Sheltered Deep Desires Addicted Control Restraint