Start by marking “500 Cupcakes Revised Edition” as Want to Read:
500 Cupcakes Revised Edition

500 Cupcakes Revised Edition

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  641 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Once upon a time, cupcakes were only a kid-friendly party favorite. No longer! Cupcakes are now the treat of the times, at once simple and chic. 500 Cupcakes is just that: a storehouse of recipes, written in clear instructions and appealingly packaged in bright, modern colors. 500 Cupcakes from front to back provides what bakers of all levels need to produce tempting creat ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Sellers Publishing, Inc. (first published March 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about 500 Cupcakes Revised Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 500 Cupcakes Revised Edition

Mandy
I've made four cupcakes from this book, and each one ended up being way too dry, they almost had the consistency of cornbread. The flavor ideas are great, but the book itself really isn't that good.
Becky Cook
If you have never baked a cupcake except from a box do not buy this book! If you have been to Pastry School and need some new ideas do not buy this book. If you collect pink books and think "oh how cute a pink book with a cupcake on it for my collection" don't buy this book.

I am not sure who came up with the formulas for these cupcakes but they forgot a few things like ummmm LIQUID! Each recipe I tried came out dryer than Phoenix in June. Be prepared to drink a gallon of milk with your creation.
Stephen
Neither as complete nor as clever as its publisher thinks it to be, this little book is a less-than-adequate guide to the joys and challenges of making the perfect cupcake. While there are some ideas contained in these pages which are theftworthy, a better general guide is Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook, New York: Clarkson Potter, 2005. Fortunately, I bought it off the discount table at Sur la Table and invested neither much money nor reading time in it.
Alex
EVERY single cupcake in this book calls for 3/4 to 1/2 TOO MUCH flour.
I always cut the flour almost in half and mine turn out moist and delicious everytime.
Rebecca Coday
A bit of a cheat to call it 500 cupcakes when its more like 100 cupcakes with 400 variations. Still it is a clever concept and great for gathering ideas. The recipes are very basic, nothing fancy or special.
Sabrina
This book is amazing. The amount of butter in everything is also amazing but delicious. But cupcakes are awesome and I'm a girly girl who likes to bake.
Ailani Durham
I love the recipies this is my go to recipie book for all the cupcakes I make my goal is to make every cupcake in the book. I hope you do too
Sydney Young
Cute book, lots of pictures and some great ideas. There is definitely a cupcake for everyone in here.
Beth
May 06, 2007 Beth rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: novice bakers
gGreat cupcake ideas. Easy to make recipes. Plenty of variations. A geat cupcake place to start!
Asma
some recipes are nice to try and some are similar to each other just with a twist
Nicol
These include savory cupcakes which to me become muffins by definition.
Evan
A little too "foo-foo" for me...but what did I expect with 500 to choose from?
Danielle
So far I've made the banana and the peanutbutter cupcakes
Julia

As a not so great baker or chef this book was really helpful and creative especially for me, a girl who loves cupcakes.
Hannah
Every recipe I've tried from this book has been absolutely amazing. They're cupcakes with substance, if that makes sense. There are pistachio cupcakes and chai chocolate chip cupcakes, plus a super tasty recipe for applesauce raisin nutty deliciousness. If you can't tell, I'm a pretty big fan. There are plenty of pictures for inspiration, and the recipes are easy to follow. It's definitely my favorite cookbook I've ever encountered.
Katherine
Pretty good range of cakes in here with some nice variation pages. Some need adaption but easily enough to do.
Scottsdale Public Library
While there are recipes included in this comprehensive little volume, it's less of a cook book and more of an idea/inspiration book for bakers. You won't run out of ideas for flavoring and stylizing your little cakes. Photography is limited but the images that are included are super cute. A must-read for cupcake lovers.

-- Meagan
UConnCo-op
A perfect gift for the new baker. Delicious recipes & great pictures for most. - Sharon -

The only negative thing about this book is the amount of exercise you will need to burn off all of the extra calories. This is a must have for any baker. - Nikki B -
Kathryn
Mmmm, can't wait to make the savory tomato and basil muffins. I think they will be perfect with a nice hot bowl of soup. Tiny little book with big possibilities. I like that there are pictures for practically every cupcake.
Carrie Chaney
I predict that this will become one of my favorite cookbooks. It's organized, easy to understand, and brimming with unique, creative ideas for delicious cupcakes. Highly recommended reading.
Grace
I haven't made any of these yet, but they are oriented for taste, not just looks. There are a couple cute decoration ideas though! :)
Susie
I liked that this book had not only cupcake recipes but muffin recipes. I love cupcakes but muffins are probably better for me!
michelle
that if you add sprinkles, it counts as a whole new cupcake!

thank christ this was on sale when i bought it, is all i can say.
Danielle
The first cupcake cookbook I got - some of the recipes are pretty good, but it's not the book I go to first.
Ashley
I liked the recipes in there, but there were some weird ones in there. Can't wait to try a few :)
Lily
Sep 14, 2009 Lily is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
My friend, Tina has marked some of the cupcakes I need to make and it wasn't all 500!
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
A Secret Santa present I got today. Can't wait to try out some of these recipes!
TRH
Great cupcake cookbook! Wonderful recipes and very tasty results.
Ursula
I prefer quality to quantity. Tried 2 recipes and unimpressed
  • Cupcakes!
  • Crazy About Cupcakes
  • Cupcakes!: From the Cake Mix Doctor
  • Sugar Baby: Confections, Candies, Cakes & Other Delicious Recipes for Cooking with Sugar
  • Little Cakes from the Whimsical Bakehouse: Cupcakes, Small Cakes, Muffins, and Other Mini Treats
  • All Cakes Considered: A Year's Worth of Weekly Recipes Tested, Tasted, and Approved by the Staff of NPR's All Things Considered
  • The Confetti Cakes Cookbook: Spectacular Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes from New York City's Famed Bakery
  • The Modern Baker: Time-Saving Techniques for Breads, Tarts, Pies, Cakes and Cookies
  • Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey: Desserts for the Serious Sweet Tooth
  • 101 Things to Do with a Cake Mix
  • Miette: Recipes from San Francisco's Most Charming Pastry Shop
  • The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Old Fashioned Recipes From New York's Sweetest Bakery
  • Cupcakes, Cookies & Pie, Oh, My!
  • The Gourmet Cookie Book: The Single Best Recipe from Each Year 1941-2009
  • Ace of Cakes: Inside the World of Charm City Cakes
  • The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook
  • Martha Stewart's New Pies and Tarts: 150 Recipes for Old-Fashioned and Modern Favorites
  • Homemade Soda
500 Cupcakes and Muffins Cupcake Calendar 2010 Daily Boxed Calendar (Calendar) The Food and Cooking of South Africa: 50 Authentic Recipes from a Vibrant and Diverse Cuisine Cupcake Calendar 2011 Daily Boxed Calendar (Calendar) 500 muffins