Start by marking “Dark Tower: The Gunslinger: The Little Sisters of Eluria” as Want to Read:
Dark Tower: The Gunslinger: The Little Sisters of Eluria

Dark Tower: The Gunslinger: The Little Sisters of Eluria (Stephen King's The Dark Tower - Graphic Novel series #7)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  1,100 ratings  ·  64 reviews
Near death from an attack by Slow Mutants, Roland Deschain is taken in by a group of Sisters who specialize in anything but the healing arts. These hideous, corpse-like creatures known as the Little Sisters of Eluria have murder on their twisted minds. In his current, wounded condition, there's almost nothing the last gunslinger can do to prevent their tender mercies from ...more
Published June 22nd 2011 by Marvel (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Tower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Tower

And so in finishing the first book I knew I could not resist picking up the next and seeing what was going to happen next. In one way not much at all and in another quite a lot. The story now sees Roland on his quest and his hunt for the Good Man. However the story really is little more that a rest-bit, if what happens next could be seen as such.
My scoring of this title is somewhat lower for two reasons - the first is that it appears the artwork has changed subtly and I am still not sure I am l

I never got into the novel series but after reading this particular graphic novel I just might give it another try. This volume focuses on the Gunslinger before he became a legend in this post apocalyptic Spaghetti Western Fantasy tale. It covers the legends of his home realm life, how he earned his guns at an early age and his first mission which led to him meeting his first love.

King was creatively involved in the making of this graphic novel. I susp
This is the 7th book in the Dark Tower graphic novel series and was the creepiest and most disturbing book in the series to date. I actually found it intriguing and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Roland’s horse is dying and he decides to stop by a small town to get help. However the town is seemingly deserted. That’s when Roland is attacked by slow mutants and carried away by them. Roland is sure of his demise, but then the slow mutants are stopped by the Sisters of Eluria. The Sisters of Eluria take ca
Comics in the 21st century... I just can't go back, though the appreciation for the building blocks of today's level of sophistication is there. One thing I don't miss in comics is the characters narrating their thought and subsequent actions. IT's like "OMG that creature recoils from lasers so I'm leaping towards that dropped blaster and grabbing it, skidding on my side as the creature tries to separate my head from my torso and blah blah." The beginning of this book was rampant with this, so t ...more
Colleen Martin
Well, the honeymoon is over - I'm definitely not as enraptured with the Dark Tower graphic novels as I used to be. I don't know if it's because they're starting to venture into familiar territory or what, but all they're doing at this point is making me want to re-read the actual novels. While the illustations in "The Little Sisters of Eluria" aren't as bad as the preceding one, they're not nearly as good as they used to be. With the early books, I would just sit and marvel at how gorgeous the r ...more
I enjoy this story for what it is - a little addendum to the Dark Tower series. This adaptation is well done, and I really like the artwork. I like the fact that, this volume at least, seems to have moved away from the jagged, sketchy type art that the previous ones have had. Looking at Roland's face in this volume wasn't looking at a nest of skintone and shadow - I could actually see his features.

One thing that kind of bothered me was the doctors. If I recall correctly, and I may not be (it's
It probably would have been better to read this in order, but since the short story this particular chapter is based on was separate from the Dark Tower novels (it appeared in one of King's short story collections), I didn't feel too bad.

Roland finds himself attacked by slow mutants in a seemingly abandoned town, and wakes to find himself in a strange hospital attended by women who look like nuns and call themselves the Little Sisters of Eluria. Soon, however, Roland realizes that these women a
Adam Smith
A lone gunslinger in search of a place to tend his weakly horse finds himself in a sinister mining town with a dark secret. Heavily wounded after an attack by the slow mutants, Roland finds himself under the tender care of the Little Sisters, but all is not as it seems in this desert hospice. Can Roland find a way to escape before the Sisters finish their deadly treatment?

It has been awhile since I read the short story this is based off, but I feel the essential themes have been captured perfect
'kris Pung
No idea if I'm reading these in the correct order but this volume was pretty much all filler. Just how many towns does Roland need to stop and kill things before he makes it to the Dark Tower?
This review is for the novella contained in "Everything's Eventual" not the graphic novel.
I enjoyed this creepy tale which fans of the series should appreciate. It's not heavy on the references but those interested in reading the series are best reading this story after book 4 to avoid spoilers.
Ea Solinas
There are countless bone-chilling creatures in Mid-World, but few are as creepy as the vampire nuns. Yes, I said vampire nuns.

Adapted from one of Stephen King's short stories, the graphic novel "Dark Tower: The Gunslinger, Vol. 2 - The Little Sister of Eluria" is a enduringly horrific, eerie story. Not only does it tap in every fear you've ever had about a hospital, but it brings back a lot of King's visceral, earthy horror into the comic books. And it has vampire nuns.

While exploring the abando
Jonathan Echevarria
Sep 14, 2014 Jonathan Echevarria rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mehmet
This is a prequel to The Gunslinger in some ways and definitely takes place after The Dark Tower, Volume 5: Battle of Jericho Hill. Roland is most likely traveling alone and probably searching for the Man In Black.

This story acts as a side story and you probably don't need to know much about the Dark Tower series to enjoy it. It is definitely a fun read and very creepy. The book is hinted to I believe in Dark Tower: The Gunslinger: The Battle of Tull perhaps only very slightly. But continuity pr
Nelly Aghabekyan
This was probably the weakest graphic novel in the series, and as much as I'd like to say that I did like it.. well, I just didn't. It took me months to read it and get over with. On the upside - the extras reminded of one of the first Stephen King books I've ever read, Desperation, and it was nice to have that irrational fear creep back into my subconscience. If such things can ever be considered nice, of course. Nostalgia, what can you do.
I thought that I had called it. I really thought that I knew what the Little Sisters of Eluria were.

And I was wrong. Wonderfully, perfectly, deliciously wrong. This one caught me up, took me for a ride, and slammed me back down cackling like a madman. A must read!
Gary Butler
31st book read in 2012.

Number 55 out of 263 on my all time book list.

Follow the link below to see my video review:
Nick Craven
Nothing to hate here but very little to like. I'm not really a fan of the Dark Tower graphic novel series. I don't think it translates very well. When it's robbed of King's legendary wordslinger skills then it's robbed of it's magic. Roland doesn't feel or speak like Roland, Mid-World doesn't feel like Mid-World and so on.

The story it self was okay I suppose. Slightly suspenseful at times but filled with creatures that I didn't feel belonged. Also the slow mutants irritated me. They weren't lik
Apr 26, 2014 Steven rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dark Tower Fans, Stephen King Fans
A prequel story to the Dark Tower Series! Coming in at 85 pages, this standalone tale follows an adventure that Roland takes just prior to the first book. It can be found in King's short story collection, Everything's Eventual. Word of warning, while this is a prequel, this book contains spoilers for events that have taken place in the first four books. King wrote this tale in between book four and five, so reading this story between those two books makes the most sense.

I liked The Little Sister
colleen the fabulous fabulaphile

Little Sisters has always been a weird one for me. Maybe it's because it's a short story in Everything's Eventual and not part of the original Dark Towers series, or maybe it's just because I don't like (view spoiler), or just the general vibe of it, but this one always felt like it both did and didn't quite fit into DT as a whole.

Which is a long winded way of saying this isn't one of my favori
Robert Beveridge
Peter David, The Dark Tower, vol. 7: The Little Sister of Eluria (Marvel, 2011)

The Stephen King story on which this installment of Peter David's fantastic graphic novel series is based is kind of strange in the King canon; it's not one of his better short stories, but there are pieces of it that are unforgettable indeed. David, with the ever-present assistance of Dark Tower concordist (is that even a word?) Robin Furth, has managed to do what I would have thought, if not impossible, very difficu
Robin Solsjö Höglund
Marvel have gone above and beyond what any Constant Reader could've hoped or dreamed for with these volumes, as they've included a full hardcover for The Little Sisters of Eluria. This is directly based on the Dark Tower short story of the same name included in Everything's Eventual, which proves they're taking this very seriously and are collecting every last bit of Tower-related information to create the most comprehensive graphic novel series possible. Kudos!

Roland is wandering alone, save hi
Great book. The pace is a bit slower than other DT graphic novels, but the strongest element of the story is its slow pacing to match Roland's frustration and slowly developing dread as he realizes just who the "Sisters" are. There was at least one disturbing part involving an "appetizer," let's just say -- you'll know what I mean when you read it. Even though I've been treated to a few disturbing images from the DT books, this stands out as one of them -- I don't know why.

To be honest, I've ne
Library Staff
I’m a huge fan of Stephen King’s Dark Tower books and was excited to see the books come back to life with a series of comics. The Little Sisters of Eluria is a novella Stephen King wrote that he said came to him in an image while working on the Dark Tower books. In this adaptation, Roland, the Gunslinger, is on a quest to find the Man in Black with the hope that he will lead him to The Dark Tower. However, his journey is temporarily halted when he is nearly killed by a band of mutants. The Littl ...more
Sean Camoni
An improvement over the last colelction in this second series, but still nowhere near the level of writing, artwork, or overall storytelling of the first series. Hopefully this arc keeps bending upward, though. I'll keep reading in the hope that it does.
Kevin Zwiefelhofer
Not Bad. Short as it was a comic book but was a good read as I am diving into Stephen King's Dark Tower Series. As always for SK, imaginative.
The art was very well done, and the story quite interesting, but this set had some flaws to get around. The biggest one for me was the overuse of narration via Roland talking out loud to himself. I know this has to be a tough challenge for the writers, but they did it throughout this whole volume! This is Roland Deschain we're talking about. He's a man of few words unless they really count, and he's certainly not one to give voice to what's happening with his body, or the importance of something ...more
Andrew Lynn
I rather enjoyed this on. It is not a happy story, but I am super curious how the series ends.
Dragan Nanic
Not one of the best stories by King, yet Marvel did a great adaptation.
Scott Cook
This is the first graphic novel I've ever really gotten into and I liked it a lot.
Faisal Habib
One of the best stories of the collection. The Sisters especially gave me nightmares.
A must read for Stephen King fans.
Matthew Carlton
An interesting side tale, though not one of my favorites.
  • The Stand: The Night Has Come
  • Wraith
  • The Dark Man: An Illustrated Poem
  • House of M: Civil War
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 9 (Zenescope)
  • 30 Days of Night, Vol. 6: Spreading the Disease
  • 30 Days of Night, Vol. 5: Three Tales
  • Streams of Silver: The Graphic Novel (Legend of Drizzt: The Graphic Novel, #5)
  • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? 3 (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?,#3)
  • American Vampire, Vol. 4
  • George R.R. Martin's Doorways
  • Fear Itself: Uncanny X-Men
  • The Walking Dead, Book Eleven (The Walking Dead #121-132)

Stephen King's The Dark Tower - Graphic Novel series (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Dark Tower, Volume 1: The Gunslinger Born
  • Dark Tower: The Gunslinger: The Journey Begins
  • Dark Tower: The Gunslinger: The Battle of Tull
  • Dark Tower: The Gunslinger: The Way Station
  • Dark Tower: The Gunslinger: The Man in Black
The Dark Tower, Volume 1: The Gunslinger Born The Talisman (Volume 1): The Road of Trials Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance The Dark Tower, Volume 2: The Long Road Home The Dark Tower, Volume 3: Treachery