Start by marking “Love and Respect for a Lifetime: Gift Book: Women Absolutely Need Love. Men Absolutely Need Respect. Its as Simple and as Complicated as That...” as Want to Read:

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  159 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
When you touch your spouseAEs deepest need, something good almost always happens!

Based on three decades of counseling and research, Dr. Emerson Eggerichs leads couples through the intricacies of a marriage built on Love and Respect. He explores the differences in men and women and how a husbandAEs need for respect can be balanced by a wifeAEs need for love. When these need
Published October 5th 2010 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Love and Respect for a Lifetime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Respect for a Lifetime

Candi
Feb 03, 2012 Candi rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, i-own, marriage
Agreed! Men need respect just as much as women need love. But they both need love and respect. They just need to learn how to "speak their spouses language".
Don
Sep 25, 2013 Don rated it liked it
Excellent subject for a book and it is well covered. However, the subject can be covered in a few chapters and the balance of the book is repeatative.
Rashama Holder
Sep 14, 2014 Rashama Holder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My aunt give me this book,and I must say its a very informative book,not only does it educates it also eliminates spaces for error,when it comes to relationships by giving a spiritual and intellectual prospective of what truly a man and a woman need in a relationship. An awesome read !
Rebecca Wendel
Highlights from his full Love and Respect book. I wasn't going to get around to finishing the full book, so this was just the right size for me to get a taste of the principles he teaches. It was also a good reminder to me of ways that I can improve the way I talk to my husband.
Michelle
Feb 11, 2015 Michelle rated it it was ok
Women and men both need love and respect. I felt the book was pretty good but was repetitive.
Cassandra
Feb 15, 2011 Cassandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review written for a blog tour - http://www.cassandraland.com/2011/02/...

Extremely shortened summary - great book. But it's better to take the time to read the full copy than this gift copy. You'll get the basic idea with the gift book, but the full version is better.
Jessie
I didn't realize this was a gift book when I borrowed it electronically from the library. I wouldn't recommend purchasing it (unless as a gift for someone) because of how brief it is. However, there were a couple of points from the book that were worth my jotting down for future reference.
Betty
Jun 18, 2011 Betty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marriage
Excellent book! Participated in a small group at church that utilized the dvd sessions from the Love and Respect conferences. Women truly desire love and men desire respect; once you realize this, it is easier to define the problem.
Ashley
May 30, 2013 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although I'm not married I plan to apply these principles in this book to my future marriage
Margery
Apr 30, 2011 Margery rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Excellent reminder of the important ways to interact with your spouse.
robert r. holliday
robert r. holliday rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Jen Stapleton
Jen Stapleton rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Emily Kirby
Emily Kirby rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Kelli Elliott
Kelli Elliott rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Vuganeza Francois
Vuganeza Francois marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Stotty
Stotty marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Dena Acord
Dena Acord rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2016
Zachary
Zachary marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Heather-Mae Ackerman
Heather-Mae Ackerman rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Amanda Unruh
Amanda Unruh rated it really liked it
May 26, 2016
Immanuel
Immanuel marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Sandie
Sandie marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Michelle Polk
Michelle Polk marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Ana Iglesias
Ana Iglesias rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Charmane Mikulsky
Charmane Mikulsky marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
  • Marriable: Taking the Desperate Out of Dating
  • What Are You Waiting For?: The One Thing No One Ever Tells You About Sex
  • The Church of Facebook: How the Hyperconnected Are Redefining Community
  • Big Girls Don't Whine: Getting On With the Great Life God Intends
  • Girl Talk: Getting Past the Chitchat
  • Confessions of a Good Christian Girl: The Secrets Women Keep and the Grace That Saves Them
  • Can I Have and Do it All, Please?
  • Enough: Discovering Joy Through Simplicity and Generosity
  • Married to Distraction: Restoring Intimacy and Strengthening Your Marriage in an Age of Interruption
  • Your Time-Starved Marriage: How to Stay Connected at the Speed of Life
  • 12 'Christian' Beliefs That Can Drive You Crazy: Relief from False Assumptions
  • Quitting Church: Why the Faithful Are Fleeing and What to Do about It
  • Telling Yourself the Truth
  • Fundamentals of Human Resource Management
  • Restless Virgins: Love, Sex, and Survival at a New England Prep School
  • Generation Iy: Our Last Chance to Save Their Future
  • Poker Nation: A High-Stakes, Low-Life Adventure into the Heart of a Gambling Country
  • Speak Like a CEO: Secrets for Commanding Attention and Getting Results: Secrets for Communicating Attention and Getting Results

“Your husband needs you to love him, but he also needs you to like him as a friend.” 3 likes