Start by marking “Wanted” as Want to Read:
Wanted

Wanted (Sisters of the Heart #2)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  944 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
For a split second, Katie feels certain she's about to receive everything she's ever wanted...

Twenty-year-old Katie Brenneman has always quietly fancied Jonathan Lundy. So when the broken hearted widower asks her to help him take care of his two young girls, Katie knows it will be a trying time--yet she cannot pass up a golden opportunity to get to know this man better.

Jus
Audio CD, 1 page
Published October 1st 2010 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published January 1st 2009)

Paula-O
Jun 14, 2015 Paula-O rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wanted is book #2 of series "Sisters of the Heart" by Shelly Shepard Gray
{Library copy)

I love to read amish stories and when I have none I will hit the library for a couple to read -lucked up this time with couple of Shelly's, I had read #1 some time ago but since they are stories of young women the time did not matter.

This one was about Katie Brennenan who had a crush on one of the men in the community as a girl but when he married knew nothing would come of it. Katie did a few things she was n
Melissa
Aug 23, 2011 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, amish
My grandma and I seem to pass Amish books back and forth and when she gave me this one I was more than happy to start reading. A light Amish romance it has the usual components of these novels, but still is a lovely read. Technically the 2nd book in the series, you don't really need to read the first book first, as this one stands alone quite well.

Katie has some dark secrets in her past; things that she has done that she is not proud of during her time of rumspringa (Amish teens chance to see th
Isha
Jan 06, 2016 Isha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Wanted" is the second book for "sisters of the heart" series and it was such a nice and lite read. Sisters of the heart is my first attempt with Amish books and I must say I chose the best.
Katie with all the secrets of her past fell in love with a man with two kids. Her future depends on him and more on her own decision of not keeping secrets any longer ..
"Here was her chance. She could tell him everything. Then she would know if he loved her enough to overlook her past and her faults. Her bu
Lorie
Oct 03, 2010 Lorie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amish-fiction
Wanted by Shelley Shepard Gray is the second book in the Sisters of the Heart series. The first book of this series, Hidden, focused on Anna coming to hide out at her friend Katie's Family Amish Bed and Breakfast. I knew that I enjoyed the first book so much that I wanted to read the second book. My library had a copy, but it was on the bookmobile. I asked them to keep an eye out for it and then one day, I found it on the shelf. Wanted is the story of Anna's friend Katie. Both of them like siste ...more
Jodie
I have finally finished reading this entire Sisters of the Heart series, completely out of order. But, it was still a remarkable read. Katie Brenneman has her eyes set on recently widowed Jonathan Lundy. When Jonathan's sister, Winnie, heads to Indiana for a possible romance, Jonathan needs someone to help him take care of his two young girls. He requests Katie. Will this be her chance to have a future with Jonathan or will her past come back to haunt her and ruin everything?

I really enjoyed see
Tasha enderby
Apr 18, 2012 Tasha enderby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amish, 2012
I have apperantly started this series a long time ago with the book Hidden in which I bought for myself with all hopes of reading the rest. Well I found the rest, at the local library no doubt. I love it! This author does a great job of not spinning a lot of time retelling from the book before so you have to catch the details from these quick reads. They read really fast and you don't want to miss what is going on. It's nice to Anna settling into Amish life learning the language and the ways whi ...more
Diane U
Nov 24, 2010 Diane U rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All Katie ever wanted was to be loved. Her secrets about her rumpsinga came back to haunt her. She feels that she needs to be forgiven for the things she did during that time. She made new English friends that she misled and ran off on them after telling them the truth of who she really was.

Then an opportunity arises for her to help out Jonathan Lundy's family. His wife died a while ago and his sister Winnie was helping him. Winnie decided to pursue a dream and she headed to Indiana to meet a ma
Michelle

About the book:

Widower Jonathan Lundy, the man twenty-year-old Katie Brenneman has secretly always fancied, asks her to watch his two young girls while his sister pays a visit to Indiana. Katie knows this will be a trying time. Jonathan has made it clear he has no intention of starting a relationship with her. Yet Katie can't pass up the opportunity to get to know him.

Just as she's settling into her new life caring for Jonathan's children, Katie receives a threatening note from her past, some
Margaret
Feb 06, 2009 Margaret rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: CFBA
*This review is from reading an ARC.*

The first book in this Sisters of the Heart Series, Hidden, was absolutely fabulous and a wonderful romance full of suspense. This second book is good, and I enjoyed the read and love the characters, but it was not very exciting to me. At least not in any comparison to the first book and other Amish books out there.

As a theme for this book, the idea of being "wanted" is nothing new to most people, and our Katie wanting to be wanted and going after that atte
Dawn Livingston
Mar 23, 2014 Dawn Livingston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book of the series. I thought it was a trilogy but I'm mistaken as I see there are four in the series (so far). The books are so deceptively simple, they're easy to read, not long books, basic messages and you suspect everything will work out fine in the end but you're not sure how. But they're really good. I'm not sure, but reading these books is so relaxing, uplifting, calming. Not boring.
Linda Bourg
Sep 21, 2014 Linda Bourg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
This is the second book in the sisters of the heart series. I really enjoyed it. Shelley has become one of my all time favorite authors.
Katie had insecurities and fears because of some mistakes she had made in her past. They seemed to have kept her back from truly enjoying a peaceful, happy life and moving forward into her future. Until she makes amends . God is a forgiving God and she needed to feel forgiven, all she had to do was turn to her Lord and Savior. Once she made amends she was able t
Kristy
Jul 09, 2010 Kristy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was better written than the first SotH book. The relationship between Katie and Jonathon, seemed to develop better. She wrote a lot more relationship building scenes, which made it more realistic to me.

Also, I unexpectedly became very attached to Brandon, who had a pretty minor part. He played a major role in Katie's past life, but not in the present. But I was surprised to be so emotionally invested in his story. I really felt for him. In the end I liked how it all ended, w
Rachel Antzak
Oct 17, 2012 Rachel Antzak rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, christian
Ok, so this is my first Amish story. I was hesitant to pick this one up from the library because I was thinking that these Amish books are so popular now a days (at least here in the deep south) and I was hoping the story wouldn't be lame. I was expecting a clean romance, which this was with sprinklings of scripture and no preachy messages. The basic theme of the book is honesty.

The romance is well developed and even though the synopsis says that Katie has been longing for Jonathan since his wif
Carolyn E
Nov 23, 2014 Carolyn E rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful story from Shelley Shepard Gray. I am really enjoying this series.
Chris
Jun 18, 2015 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good read. Enjoyable story woven well and written well. Another light romance with Amish flair. Would recommend and I want to read more by this author.
Debbie Maskus
Maybe I have read too many of this series in order, but I found this story too trite. The main family in the Sisters of the Heart series is the Brenneman family, owners of a Bed and Breakfast Inn in Ohio. In the first novel of the series, Anna has left her "English" life and has fallen in love with Henry Brenneman. In this book, Katie must accept her "wild" year before joining the Amish church and decide if Jonathan is her future. The stories all follow a simple formula that life is in God's han ...more
Connie  Lynch
Nov 06, 2015 Connie Lynch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Amish Fiction Fan
Wanted - Book #2 Sisters of the Heart Series - Shelley Shepard Gray - Anna & Katie what special "sisters". Katie has great expectations, grief and guilt and hope. Wanted is a great format to learn to trust God and the plans he has for your life. The love that Katie had for her Englisher Brandon, The love she feels for Jonathon the Amish widower, Holly her friend and Winnie her Amish friend is truly God's gift. Katie also learns the love of a family brings forgiveness. Reading this book bring ...more
Angie
May 02, 2012 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story of Jonathan and Katie was a really good one. Jonathan still reeling from the loss of his first wife and the baggage left was reluctant to follow his heart. Katie, having been mostly in love with Jonathan for years was put in the position to be around him daily for two months taking care of his two young daughters. Katie, having a very large secret from her past come into the present wasn't sure if her past mistakes were forgivible.

This was another great book of following in God's will
Mrs. Doglvrs
Mar 15, 2012 Mrs. Doglvrs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, amish
I enjoyed this 2nd book in the series -- not as much as the first, since that one had quite a bit of suspense in it -- but it was a very enjoyable story. The "mystery" aspect of Katie's back story seemed a bit stilted and completely out of the blue -- judging from what her story was like in the 1st book. Plus it seemed add that her rumspringa happened just a year or so ago... and yet I thought she was 20 years old.

So... a few loose ends, but overall a fun heartwarming story. I have book 3 alread
Louise E.
Nov 24, 2015 Louise E. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good story.
Rachelle
Mar 25, 2013 Rachelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Another disappointing read. Not overly surprising after the first one. I mean, it's ok. Actual rating is probably like 2.5 stars.

What got me about the last one, and was even more pronounced with this one, is the complete 190 that happens without any real reasoning as to why. I'm all for character change and development but in this book it felt completely forced and false. And absolutely zero surprises. I could have told you the entire plot down to the last little bit about a chapter in.
JoAnn
Feb 21, 2009 JoAnn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first book, so as soon as I finished I rushed to the library to have the second reserved. The book was out for such a long time. My turn finally arrived. The same characters from the last are front and center here. They are lovable, so I was glad to visit with them again and find out what was new in their lives.

There was much more religion and praying in this book than the first. God played a character role in this book.
This book falls in the "Inspirational Romance" category. When I was a teenager and young woman, I loved reading the sex scenes in romance novels...now I just skip over them if they are there. That's the good part of this romance set in the Amish world...no sex, just plenty of romance. I like to read romance novels when I need a break from the real world and from thinking too much. This book was really great for that.
Donna
Aug 22, 2012 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the way that the author takes one character from the last book and weaves a whole new story around them. Katie had a part in the first book in this series, but was not the main character. She evolved in WANTED and we learn her story of decision to be or not to accept the Amish life style as her past and her present collide. I am now beginning #3 in this series, FORGIVEN.
Terry
Nov 09, 2014 Terry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-with-vernie
Another beautifully written love story by Shelley Shepard Gray. Her easy style and warm characters are a wonderful way to unwind and relax especially after finishing an intense thriller or complex book. The spirituality, love of family and simple ways of these wonderful people are a breath of fresh air in our normally busy lives.
Tara
Jan 07, 2013 Tara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hate to admit that I really love this series. Yes, they're somewhat cheesy but they consume me every time. If you want a light read that puts you in a good mood, these are great. There's nothing too depressing although there are plot twists and lots of battles with ups and downs. I can't wait to get the 3rd book in the trilogy!
Lindsay
I was Heartfelt in my soul reading this book. I felt I was the Katie while reading. Though I am glad that she did fine what she wanted. I sometime feel like these people in my books. I am really glad she did deal with her past along to find out what had happen to Brandon and to become friends with Holly.
Stacey
Feb 08, 2012 Stacey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The trilogy continues with Katie, who can't seem to find her match. Or rather, she found him (Jonathon), but her feelings aren't returned. Jonathon ends up needing her help watching his two young daughters. Well, I guess you can figure it out from there.
Lynn
Feb 04, 2010 Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book as much as the first and couldn't put it down until I was finished with it. Sometimes people are not what they seem on the surface and this is something that Katie and her friend Anna both discover in their quest for true happiness.
Amy
May 01, 2015 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was just ok for me, it was hard to stay interested in this one. That might have something to do with the other books that were on my shelf waiting (rather impatiently) to be read :). I will read the next in the series whenever I get the chance.
  • An Honest Love (Hearts of Middlefield, #2)
  • A Cousin's Challenge (Indiana Cousins, #3)
  • Rachel's Garden (Pleasant Valley, #2)
  • An Amish Love
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • The Bridge of Peace (Ada's House, #2)
  • Lilly's Wedding Quilt (Patch of Heaven, #2)
  • Ella's Wish (Little Valley, #2)
Librarian Note: AKA Shelley Gray (Western Romance).

I live in southern Ohio with my husband, two teenagers, and two dogs. My days are filled with busy activities like most any other mom and housewife. But I also love to write books.

Each morning, after my kids go off to school, I sit at my desk, look out my window, and dream of other places. The hours fly by as I make up people and places and drink
More about Shelley Shepard Gray...

Sisters of the Heart (3 books)
  • Hidden (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
  • Forgiven (Sisters of the Heart, #3)