Start by marking “Kaydie (Montana Skies #2)” as Want to Read:
Kaydie (Montana Skies #2)

Kaydie (Montana Skies #2)

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  93 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
For the first time in years, Kaydie Worthington Kraemer can breathe easily. Although she is still haunted by memories of her abusive husband, Darius, she takes comfort in knowing the man is dead. Staying with her sister McKenzie and brother-in-law Zach Sawyer at their ranch, Kaydie is still wary of men, especially now that she has another life inside of her to guard. As sh ...more
Published April 5th 2011 by Whitaker Distribution (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kaydie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kaydie

Molly (Cafinated Reads)
Feb 11, 2011 Molly (Cafinated Reads) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Molly (Cafinated Reads) by: FIRST
Historical fiction, along with Amish fiction, is my most favorite of genres, so I love jumping at the chances to read new ones and travel back in time. So, that's what I did with this one and boy, was I pleased! While McKenzie, book 1 in the Montana Skies series, needed some improvement, Kaydie did not. Penny Zeller's second novel shows that her talent is better than before and really captured me this time! I really enjoyed the feeling of having the chance to travel back to the time of train tra ...more
Susan Hollaway
Jun 07, 2011 Susan Hollaway rated it really liked it
Kaydie is finally safe and living with her sister and brother-in-law on their ranch in Montana territory. Since her husband’s death in his failed bank robbery, she’s finally physically safe, but the memories of his abuse continue to haunt her. She’s wary of men and is determined to protect herself and her soon-to-be born child. She had poor judgment once in choosing a husband and she’s not going to make the same mistake twice. She builds a wall around her heart that she aims for no man to break ...more
Marianne
Jun 12, 2011 Marianne rated it it was amazing
Kaydie, second book in Penny Zeller`s series Montana Skies takes place in Pine Haven in Montana Territory. She lives with her sister McKenzie and husband Zach Sawyer on their ranch. Kaydence moved to be with her sister after her abusive husband was killed. This story has many sub stories – abuse, prejudice, daughter/parents relationship, dysfunctional families and more.
This is a tender love story of heartache and healing, of lies they believe, of how God can work through any circumstance to ha
Diane
Picked this from a "blind date" read pile at the library. Quick, easy and predictable.
Rachel
This is now my first favorite read of 2015! I haven't read the first book in this series, but fortunately it has enough flashbacks to get caught up real easily.

Kaydie and Jonah are now my one my favorite Christian romance couples. From the first conversation that saw between Kaydie and Jonah, I knew that I would love Jonah. He is so caring, kind, compassionate, and doesn't want to make Kaydie uncomfortable in any way. Kaydie's first husband Darius, who dies I assume in the first book, was abu
Renee
Feb 10, 2011 Renee rated it really liked it
This romantic western set in the late 19th century is sure to please all readers of Christian romance. From the sweet and shy Kaydie to the ranch hand who has sworn off, love I really enjoyed every character and every detail. While there's nothing radical or new about this story or it's setting it hearkens back to classics like Janette Oke's prairie stories but with slightly more romance, so you can't go wrong. It's great to see two characters who were wary of each other and of love come togethe ...more
Katie
Sep 06, 2011 Katie rated it really liked it
After reading the sweet ending to McKenzie, I was eager to pick up Kaydie and find out her story. Once again, the reader is transported back to Pine Haven and into the lives of these Worthington sisters. As McKenzie enjoys true married bliss with Zach, Kaydie slowly begins to leave behind the horrors of her previous marriage and look forward to the birth of her firstborn.

Kaydie, while showing remarkable strength of spirit and will, was very soft-spoken and temperate. Jonas, having himself grown
Charity U
Jul 29, 2011 Charity U rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
<3. I loved it. It was really great and I highly recommend it! :) Check out my interview with Penny Zeller below! Also, go to my book blog to read my complete review of "Kaydie." My questions are in the quote marks, with her answers after them, usually in the same paragraph.

"Your most recent release is a historical fiction romance, titled Kaydie. Do you write
novels exclusively?" No, I have also written two nonfiction books and a children’s picture
book. However, historical romance is my favor
Linda
Feb 09, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it
Kaydie Kraemer is still traumatized by the memories of abuse by her now deceased husband, Darius Kraemer, and she takes great comfort knowing he is dead.

McKenzie, Kaydie’s sister, and her husband, Zach Sawyer, find Kaydie and take her to their ranch in Montana. There she feels like can finally breathe again. When found, Kaydie was with child. She had also desperately learned how to cocoon her emotions inside so as not to fall for another manipulative, lying man’s words of love.
Jonah Dickenson is
Jan 20, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it
Title: KAYDIE
Author: Penny Zeller
Publisher: Whitaker House
April 2011
ISBN: 978-1-60374-217-7
Genre: Inspirational/historical romance

Kaydie Kraemer is still recovering from the abuse she suffered under the hands of her first husband, Darius. Now she, and her unborn baby, find refuge with Kaydie’s sister, McKenzie and her brother-in-law, Zach Sawyer. Kaydie is still wary of men, and she’s especially leery of Zach’s ranch hand, Jonah Dickenson.

Jonah is attracted to the beautiful Kaydie, but he recog
Jan Marie Newby
Apr 17, 2011 Jan Marie Newby rated it it was amazing
Penny Zeller has created a book whose pages leap into life as the extremely credible characters are thrust into situations that no one should ever be forced to face. Kaydie, widowed and pregnant, takes refuge with her sister and brother-in-law following the death of her abusive husband. Kaydie has determined that she will never again be in a situation where she and her as-yet-unborn child will be in danger of being abused. Deciding that love and marriage are only for others, she vows to remain s ...more
Amanda Beth
Nov 28, 2011 Amanda Beth rated it it was amazing
My sister and I both read Kaydie and loved it. Since my sister doesn't have an account here, I'm posting both our reviews.

My review:

This was another great book by Penny Zeller in her Montana Skies series. I loved the first book, McKenzie. And Kaydie was just as great. Penny is a wonderful writer. Her attention to detail helps you relate to the characters as if they were real. Each character has a unique personality that makes the story an enjoyable read. You can imagine being annoyed at Lucille
Shellie Neumeier
Feb 09, 2011 Shellie Neumeier rated it it was amazing
Kaydie by Penny Zeller

After years of pain and starvation at the hands of her cruel husband, Kaydie Worthington Kraemer can finally rest on the Montana ranch her older sister McKenzie and her husband Zach Sawyer call home. Kaydie finds herself wary of men, despite her newfound safety and discovers those protective walls may be hard to escape. Especially once her newborn child arrives.

But Jonah Dickenson, the Sawyer's trusted ranch hand, does his best to care and comfort both Kaydie and her child,
Tamara Tilley
Jan 23, 2016 Tamara Tilley rated it liked it
KAYDIE was a sweet story, just like its main character. Book two in the Montana Skies series, KAYDIE was not fast-paced or mysterious, but enjoyable all the same.

Kaydie Kraemer, is trying to pick up the pieces of her horrific life. After the death of her cruel husband, she finds solace with her sister, McKenzie, and McKenzie’s new husband and family. Traumatized by her abusive marriage, she intends never to marry again. Her desire is to raise her unborn child alone, and make the best of her situ
Trinity Rose
May 11, 2011 Trinity Rose rated it really liked it
Kaydie is the second book in the Montana Skies series and it’s another winner. I read the first book written by Penny Zeller in this series and it’s called Mckenzie.
Kaydie’s first husband lied about who he was. He seemed charming and was handsome, but after they got married he didn’t pretend to be nice anymore. He married Kaydie for her money. When that ran out he robbed banks. This book Kaydie is about after her first husband died and she is now living with her sister McKenzie and her family.
Lynn  Davidson
Oct 21, 2013 Lynn Davidson rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I have to be honest here. Romance novels are not the ones I typically go for anymore, but this book has not just the undercurrent of attraction going on, it also is a good story set in the rugged Montana Territory of the old West. Kaydie is book two of Penny Zeller’s Montana Skies series.

This story centers around the main character, Kaydie Worthington Kraemer, but several other interesting characters are introduced early on. Kaydie is a young woman who suffered terrible abuse at the hands of her
Vera Godley
May 21, 2012 Vera Godley rated it it was amazing

Book 1 of the Montana Skies series by Penny Zeller, we met McKenzie, older sister of Kaydie. McKenzie was living in Boston with her wealthy, privileged parents and on the fast track for an arranged marriage to an appropriate man. However, she realizes her sister Kaydie is in dire straights and so McKenzie leaves Boston in search of Kaydie.

Book 2 in the Montana Skies series is about Kaydie and how her life goes from ruined and shattered to love, honor, and
Ibjoy1953
May 27, 2011 Ibjoy1953 rated it it was amazing

MY REVIEW

Kaydie Kraemer is now living with her sister and brother-in-law, McKenzie and Zach Sawyer, on a ranch out in the Wild West. Her abusive husband is now dead, because of a bank robbery gone bad. She doesn’t have to worry about him hurting her or their unborn child ever again. She no longer lives in fear of someone hurting her or her unborn child. And she no longer will go hungry like she did so many times before.

Jonah Dickenson works as a ranch hand for Zach Sawyer, who he sees as an old
Michelle
Kaydie is a heartwarming romance set on the Montana prairie in the late 1800s. The main character, Kaydie, had escaped a painful marriage to an abusive man when she became a widow. However, the resulting trauma from his abuse caused her to fear men long after her husband ceased to be a threat. One man in particular, Jonah, manages to break through the protective barrier surrounding her heart when he befriends Kaydie. I loved that he had no ulterior motives and was just a nice guy. As a result of ...more
Amada
Dec 18, 2012 Amada rated it it was amazing
Penny has done it again! Kaydie is a great book! While there are some gut wrenching moments, as well as moments I was just shaking my head at Kaydie's way of thinking, Penny has captured my imagination and attention beautifully. Jonah is wonderful, a gentleman that loves deeply, and makes you wish that you new a man just like him. The children will steal your heart, and the rest of the characters will keep you chuckling to the end. Penny's way of adding prayer and scripture is just right. Woven ...more
Pegg
Jun 18, 2012 Pegg rated it liked it
This is the second in Penny Zeller's "Montana Skies" series. I don't think it was as good as the first one, but it was still worth reading. Whitaker House billed this one as a romance and not a historical... which is correct! They billed the first book as a historical and these are not. They are set in the old west but contain no actual history in them. I'd classify them as Prairie Romances.

Kaytie is the younger sister of MacKenzie from the first book. Her story is sad and stems from an abusive
Janalyn Voigt
Mar 27, 2011 Janalyn Voigt rated it really liked it
Pregnant and widowed in the Wild West, Kaydie would seem to need a husband. That's not how she sees it, though. After a bad marriage to an abusive man, she wants nothing more to do with romantic love.

But then there's her sister's ranch hand, Jonah. With an unloving father and a mother who abandoned him in boyhood, Jonah has never had good family ties. He decides to keep it that way.

Can they ignore the growing attraction between them?

Kaydie brings us a beautiful story of redeeming love. This tale
Melinda Evaul
Mar 08, 2011 Melinda Evaul rated it it was amazing
Readers will find another sweet love story in "Kaydie"-- the sequel to "McKenzie." Kaydie Kraemer and Jonah Dickenson carry deep scars of rejection and mistreatment. I found Zeller's style refreshing as she wove lessons of acceptance, forgiveness, and trust into this novel.

God desires to restore Jonah and Kaydie's ability to trust. This shines forth as we watch them overcome their feelings of inadequacy. Learning to love again is not an easy task. I also appreciated the way Zeller highlighted t
Kym McNabney
Feb 01, 2011 Kym McNabney rated it liked it
After receiving KAYDIE, I discovered it was book two in the Montanan Skies series. When I realized book one, MACKENZIE, was about her search for her sister KAYDIE, I knew I had to quickly purchase it so I could read it first (See my review on for MACKENZIE).

KAYDIE is a sweet romance set in the Montana Territory in the late 1800’s. Penny Zeller has some great lines, my favorite being the one about a servant. Very unique. I smiled as I reread it over several times. The characters had well thought
Diana
Mar 01, 2011 Diana rated it it was amazing
Book Two in the Montana Skies Series
It’s 1882 in Montana and we find a pregnant, widowed Kaydie Kraemer recovering from the death of her abusive husband. She’s living with her sister McKenzie and her family.

When her sister’s hired man, Jonah Dickenson offers to be her friend she shies away afraid all men are like her deceased husband.

Lucille, an older lady turned match maker wants to find Jonah a husband. I found her character quite entertaining.

I didn’t read book one, but it wasn’t difficult to
Ausjenny
Mar 08, 2011 Ausjenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
I loved the first book and this book lives up to my expectations. I loved Kaydie. She has had a hard life living with an abusive husband and as the book goes on we learn more about some of his abuse. I also love how Penny didn't rush her into a relationship but showed how hard it was for Kaydie to trust men. I also loved Jonah's character. There are some incidents I found quite funny and many I found moving. I love how Penny has tackled a subject of abuse and how recovering from abuse takes time ...more
Teresa Snyder
Jun 22, 2013 Teresa Snyder rated it really liked it
Kaydie, the second book in the Montana series, is about McKenzie, from book ones, sister. Although enjoyable, I still struggled, as I did in book one, with not only the the writing style, but connecting with the characters. I felt as if I were on the outside looking in, rather than a part of the story.

I was also disappointed that we did not see more of McKenzie and Zach, from book one. True, they had a small part in book two, but not really as husband and wife; a continuation of book one.

All i
Joy Avery Melville
Feb 24, 2011 Joy Avery Melville rated it really liked it
I love this book. I am recommending it to my children and grandchildren and it is a KEEPER on my personal library shelves.
Penny Zeller has a unique style that kept me reading. I didn't want to put the book down and I have to say I wasn't disappointed in the story.
I just hate to see such good stories with great characters come to an end. At least I got my happy-ever-after fix.
Kelly
Nov 26, 2012 Kelly rated it it was amazing
After reading "McKenzie" the first book in the Montana Skies series by Penny A. Zeller I couldn't wait to read the second book "Kaydie".
"Kaydie" is a sweet love story, one that shows that the power of prayer can change even the most guarded hearts, and how out of a painful past, there can still be a future filled with love and happiness.
Katherine
Dec 05, 2012 Katherine rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, and I was excited to win a copy of this one so I could continue the story. Kaydie wasn't quite as compelling as McKenzie, but I really enjoyed reading the book. It is a clean, quick read with good morals and a sweet love story.
  • Courting Emma (Little Hickman Creek #3)
  • Shadowed in Silk (Twilight of the British Raj, #1)
  • Thief (The Brides of Alba #2)
  • Uncertain Heart (Seasons of Redemption, #2)
  • Mail-Order Christmas Brides: Her Christmas Family\Christmas Stars for Dry Creek
  • Catherine's Pursuit
  • A Love for Tomorrow (Second Chance At Love #3)
  • Beautiful Bandit (Lone Star Legends, #1)
  • A Harvest of Hearts (Amish of Seymour County, #2)
  • Finally a Bride (Texas Boardinghouse Brides, #3)
  • When Love Gets in the Way (Colorado Runaway, #2)
  • The Purpose and Power of Authority
  • The Ball's in Her Court
  • Yahshua's Bridge (Iron & the Stone #2)
  • Double Deceit
  • Wishing on Dandelions (Maranatha Series #2)
  • The Dawn of a Dream (At Home in Beldon Grove, #3)
  • Love's Rescue (The Sierra Chronicles #1)
2190765
Penny Zeller is the author of several books and numerous magazine articles in national and regional publications. She is also the author of the humor blog "A Day in the Life of a Wife, Mom, and Author (www.pennyzeller.wordpress.com) where she provides weekly doses of inspiration and humor, along with movie reviews from a Christian worldview, and interviews with some of her favorite author friends. ...more
More about Penny Zeller...

Montana Skies (3 books)
  • McKenzie (Montana Skies #1)
  • Hailee (Montana Skies #3)