Take a Walk with Me

Take a Walk with Me

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  491 ratings  ·  57 reviews
"Cozy!" her grandma called in a loud whisper. "I'm in the kitchen. Hurry!" Cozy frowned, and her heart leapt as worry consumed her for a moment. Yet as she hurried to the kitchen to find her grandma kneeling at the window that faced the new neighbor's yard and peering out with a pair of binoculars, she exhaled a sigh of relief. "Grandma! You're still spying on him?" she gi...more
Published August 19th 2011 by Distractions Inc. (first published December 2nd 2010)

Lisa
I'm pretty sure this is My FAVORITE E-book ever. It was won over by the kissing scenes...delish! Oh and the Wolfish man, Christmas light paradise scenes and the cracked candle votives. Need to try the almonds!
Katie Watkins
(12/13) I really LOVE this story!!! Such a cute, holiday story without any stress.

*(12/11) I did it! I re-read this during the holidays and it was every bit as fun and sweet as the first time.

* (7/11) A sweet holiday romance. Marcia weaves a truly romantic tale (times two!) in this story. Cozy Robbins is such a sweet, old-fashioned girl and Jesse is such a manly old-fashioned guy. What a perfect match! I love the little tidbits thrown in--orange almond punch, mulled apple cider, walnut ornaments...more
Sandy
It almost feels blasphemous to give a Marcia book only three stars, but I prefer her historical romances. The endearing cheese just seems to work better when the setting is not contemporary. However, this will put a smile on your face if you're looking for a sweet, clean romance to encourage some Christmas cheer.
Inspired Kathy
Thanks Marcia - You did it again!

This was the perfect book to read on Christmas afternoon. I started it 3 weeks ago when it was released but have had no time to read since then. Finishing Take A Walk With Me was first on my list of things to do this afternoon.

I loved this book just as I've loved everything Marcia Lynn McClure has written. A wonderful holiday romance. Can't wait until this gets turned into a full length book. Such fun characters in this sweet romance.

I think I need to find rec...more
Kristen
6/19/13 - Just a wonderful, romantic story with a hot guy. What more could you ask for?

8/30/12-
So cute, and romantic. I just wished instead of like 90 some odd pages it would have been 190.

And I wished it was December and I was reading it in front of a fire with my Christmas tree twinkling in the room. I'll have to re-read it during the holdiays.

Moral Note: Passionate kisses, language (heck, dang, a$$, and a couple cut off swear words)
Breanna
I absolutely loved this book! It was so wonderful to take a break from freaking out about finals to read such a happy, heart-warming book. I smiled and giggled tons throughout the book. I LOVED it! It is probably one of my favorite romances ever! I will definitely being reading it ever year from now on. :D
Becki
Oh my gosh! Marcia definitely is the queen of kissing! This book definitely made me salivate, in more ways than one. This was such a fun, light-hearted, holiday book. It made me all warm and fuzzy and in the mood to snuggle in front of a fire. Thanks for another great book Marcia!
Stacey Hall
LOVED this book!! Jesse was so wolfish and delish!! Loved the romance with Dottie and Buck too!! Marcia did it again with a wonderful love story with great kissing!! Another favorite....ok, they all are!!This is definitely a must read!!
Alyssa
I read this tonight as I sat on my couch with my warm corn bags in front of my lit Christmas tree snuggled up in a blanket with hot apple cider. Such a FABULOUS holiday romance...I thoroughly enjoyed my evening...every last page of it. :)
Cindy
I loved this book! Jessie is perfect in looks and his actions, quite the guy! Cozy is great to fun, smart,and sweet! Their relationship was fun to watch unfold. Just what I needed at this time of year,great story!
Cortney
Jan 25, 2011 Cortney rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: favorites
“Grandma?” Cozy called as she closed the front door behind her. She inhaled a deep breath—bathing in the warm, inviting scent of banana nut bread baking in the oven. “Grandma? Are you in here?”
“Cozy!” her grandma called in a loud whisper. “I’m in the kitchen. Hurry!”
Cozy frowned—her heart leapt as worry consumed her for a moment. Yet, as she hurried to the kitchen to find her grandma kneeling at the window that faced the new neighbors yard, and peering out with a pair of binoculars, she exhaled
Jennybug
Reading this book was like someone telling you how they met their spouse. I liked it. I would really like to purchase one of the
little walnut ornaments, they sounded adorable.
I love how Marcia always talks about funny little things. I loved the quote about how, "No women should ever give up her Barbies,
not completely."
This made me think of my sister Karen. Also, I think it is really strange how they changed how Barbie
looked because they didn't want little girls obsessing with Barbies weight...more
Kathy
November 2011: Cute, conflict-free romance.

December 2010: This was a fun holiday read. I can picture curling up with some hot chocolate and reading this over the holidays. Anyway, both couples are cute, and it was just a sweet story. I would love to try the almond recipe and buy a walnut ornament!!
Christine Jensen
You know I always love books my Marcia, so it is no secret that I loved this one as well. This book has not one, but two budding romances to follow...and as usual, lots of good kissing ;) Mix in Thanksgiving, Christmas lights and long walks in the cool Autumn air and you have a cute story.
Karen
I love it, as I love all her books. But as with all (or at least most) her ebooks, I really wish I could proof read them before they come out. All those little errors distract me from the story, but I still love them anyway.

I especially loved the holiday feel of this book :)
Brenda Swanson
I love this book!! A great holiday read! I love Grandma Dottie! She and Buckly are awesome!! Jesse and Cozy are great!! I love Marcia's books and wait (very impatiently) for everyone of them!!!
Callie
When I rate Marcia's books I rate them against themselves. The other ones that she has written. As this was not my favorite it was not bad. I usually am not partial to her modern day romances.
Lisa
Super cute and fun holiday book. (Good to read anytime of year) Quick easy read. I loved it except for the old people kissing - yuck! Haha. :)
A wonderful holiday themed escape. It was a refreshing, nostalgic romance.
Ashlie Bernard
This was an interesting read. I like the angle of the grandmother as well!
Teya
Sweet, fun, and of course a great love story. Reminds me of my grandma.
Mmmmm... I loved it! Now can we get some recipes please?! :)
Angie Cornelison
Such a cute storie. Yes, this one left me with a smile!
Megan
Absolutely adorable!
Tiffany
Amy
What a cute story. I love how there are two romances going on in this book. I love the songs they talk about in the book like "sippin cider through the straw" My sister and I used to sing this song all the time what a great song. It made me smile when I read it in the book.Also loved how he called her little red riding hood. I have that song and love it too. This book brought back great memories of singing some great songs. I really liked this book. Fast read but what a great Christmas story. My...more
Becky
This was one of those "warm and fuzzy" books which would be a great holiday reader on a cold night with a warm blanket and hot chocolate. Very few main characters so you got to know them quite well. The story was pretty easy reading. No conflict, no drama. Just a cute pair of love stories. I gave it only three stars as I felt there wasn't any real excitement in the story and the "winking" constantly by the male characters got old and tedious. I had hoped thier reactions could have been a little...more
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Nov 27, 2012 Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: YA & Adults
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Marcia Lynn McClure Author
10*s. I won a paperback copy of this book directly from the author in return for an honest review.
I have once again stepped out of the comfort zone of genre to expand my reading into another genre.
I really enjoyed reading this fabulous christmas story of a budding romance of two different generations!! I enjoyed the humor and the characters just made this book a marvelous read!! This is a MUST read YA and Adults will fall in love with and will put you in the christmas spirit as it did me!! Than...more
June
Marcia always writes such romantic, heart warming stories. One can't help but fall in love with her characters. And in this case, there are two couples to fall in love with. Young love and second love. While the grandparents want the young ones to fall in love, the young ones are pushing the grandparents in the same direction. And the theme of Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf gives an extra little zip to the story.
Annalisa
For anyone with a spunky grandmother you will really get a kick out of this story! Oh how I laughed and thought of the antics my grandmother always seemed to be up to. It is a fun contemporary romance in which a grandmother and granddaughter both find love. I also like that this story is set during the winter around Christmas time. I was ready for snowballs, sugar cookies and warm cider.

• The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • Marian's Christmas Wish
  • All I Want
  • Winning Mr. Wrong
  • Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)
  • Jayhawk
  • Do Over
  • Illuminations of the Heart
  • My Ridiculous, Romantic Obsessions
  • Santa Maybe
Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Marcia Lynn McClure grew up influenced by the reminiscent stories of rugged, rural Colorado farm life fascinatingly recounted to her by her parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts…tales of runaway buckboards, mule-drawn plows and dust pneumonia; verbalized images of stream-flooded meadows, frozen over in winter, where a child could peer through the crystal clear ic...more
More about Marcia Lynn McClure...
The Highwayman of Tanglewood The Visions of Ransom Lake Dusty Britches Shackles of Honor A Crimson Frost