Start by marking “Monogamy Sucks” as Want to Read:
Monogamy Sucks

Monogamy Sucks

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Jake Dalmas has a restless heart. After a couple months, or even days, the thrill of a new romantic relationship fades and he longs to be single again. His imagination burns with erotic desires. Monogamy truly sucks for him.

More than a little curious, Jake finds himself attracted to the hidden, taboo world of swingers where singles and couples nightly shed their inhibition
Published November 30th 2010 by LazyDay Publishing (first published November 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Monogamy Sucks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monogamy Sucks

Kimberly Kinrade
"Monogamy Sucks" is a fictional account of one man's sexual revolution into the swinging lifestyle. Sexy, edgy, raw and told journal style, this book will open your eyes to a way of life that is not as uncommon as you might think!

A candid look into how many men view sex and relationships, "Monogamy Sucks" is the guy version of "Sex in the City" (Insert quest for Mr. Right for quest for Ms. Right Now and Miss Right After.)

Wonderful descriptions of sex scenes that range from funny to steamy. It ta
C.D. Foxwell
Jake is a man in his early 30s who has become bored with relationships and being tied down. He’s horny, he’s desperate for a f*ck, he wants as many women as possible. He’s like a teenager in an older man’s body. Disillusioned with the bar scene, he follows different routes to try and satisfy his desires: placing ads in magazines and on phone lines, and writing online dating profiles. He attends swing parties and f*ck clubs. This is a kind of diary of his experiences over two or three years.

It’s
Billierosie Billierosie
“Monogamy Sucks”
According to the world of Jake Dalmas, it does, it really, really does.
Jake is making a bold, bloody, weapon wielding statement; he is a warrior, picking a nasty fight with conventionality. Jake wants, no, demands a cultural change. But he knows that he is in a minority of one. Jake is acidic and bitter and he simply does not care; conventionality is killing him, choking the life out of him, and if he is to die he will go down fighting.
I came to “Monogamy Sucks” via the realms o
Eden Baylee
First off - the title: Like it or hate it, you can't feel neutral about it. So, I bought a copy of the book to find out if the story lived up to the name.

Wow! One thing I will say, Mr. Pappas pulls no punches in his story-telling about the sexual adventures of swinger, Jake Dalmas, in a life that is sometimes glamorous and sometimes hideous. Though told from a male point of view, I found myself very excited to be walking in his shoes.

I adore books that write about alternative lifestyles withou
Shannon MacLeod
I have to admit that the book title was what caught my interest first. Wasn’t quite sure what to expect given that, but what I got was a splendid read. Jake is such a wonderfully real character, having ups and down just like the rest of us. His adventures (and misadventures) are the stuff of locker room legends and embarrassments admitted only under cover of darkness.

This novel is not for the faint of heart, showing the swinging lifestyle with all the glitter and warts intact. Pappas doesn’t pu
Chrystal Rose
A hilarious and realistic peek into the world of swingers.
Lisa Pacheco
George Pappas' book is highly entertaining and enlightening. Every woman should read this book, if for no other reason, to understand how men think about women and sex. I had several laugh outloud moments while turning the pages, and while some of his tales are utterly outlandish, they will keep you intrigued. I absolutely loved the happy ending. His protagonist ends up with his ideal Asian, fantasy, f_ _ _ slut that likes to swing too, and they live happily every after. Ahhhh. . . how sweet!
~Lei ~  Reading Is An Adventure ~
I didn't finish but what I read was ok, it just wasn't doing it for me and I'd gotten it as a freebie so why bother trying to finish.
Susie Kline
Review coming to my blog www.motherhoot.com coming on 2/22/11
Hanpeijun
Hanpeijun marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Karen Zieman
Karen Zieman marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Leonli188
Leonli188 marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Carolyn K
Carolyn K marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Bookfanatic
Bookfanatic marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Jason
Jason added it
Feb 05, 2014
Annie Weeder
Annie Weeder marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Diamond Jones
Diamond Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2013
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2013
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2013
Crystal Rutherford
Crystal Rutherford marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Kaa Selena
Kaa Selena is currently reading it
Sep 17, 2012
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Dear Hef Indulgence: Tales of the Cirque Romani Letters From Cyberspace Reading In The Primary School Letters from Cyberspace