Start by marking “Monogamy Sucks” as Want to Read:
Monogamy Sucks

Monogamy Sucks

3.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Jake Dalmas has a restless heart. After a couple months, or even days, the thrill of a new romantic relationship fades and he longs to be single again. His imagination burns with erotic desires. Monogamy truly sucks for him.

More than a little curious, Jake finds himself attracted to the hidden, taboo world of swingers where singles and couples nightly shed their inhibition
Published November 30th 2010 by LazyDay Publishing (first published November 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Monogamy Sucks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monogamy Sucks

Kimberly Kinrade
Mar 25, 2011 Kimberly Kinrade rated it it was amazing
"Monogamy Sucks" is a fictional account of one man's sexual revolution into the swinging lifestyle. Sexy, edgy, raw and told journal style, this book will open your eyes to a way of life that is not as uncommon as you might think!

A candid look into how many men view sex and relationships, "Monogamy Sucks" is the guy version of "Sex in the City" (Insert quest for Mr. Right for quest for Ms. Right Now and Miss Right After.)

Wonderful descriptions of sex scenes that range from funny to steamy. It ta
C.D. Foxwell
Jun 25, 2013 C.D. Foxwell rated it liked it
Jake is a man in his early 30s who has become bored with relationships and being tied down. He’s horny, he’s desperate for a f*ck, he wants as many women as possible. He’s like a teenager in an older man’s body. Disillusioned with the bar scene, he follows different routes to try and satisfy his desires: placing ads in magazines and on phone lines, and writing online dating profiles. He attends swing parties and f*ck clubs. This is a kind of diary of his experiences over two or three years.

It’s
Billierosie Billierosie
Aug 30, 2013 Billierosie Billierosie rated it it was amazing
“Monogamy Sucks”
According to the world of Jake Dalmas, it does, it really, really does.
Jake is making a bold, bloody, weapon wielding statement; he is a warrior, picking a nasty fight with conventionality. Jake wants, no, demands a cultural change. But he knows that he is in a minority of one. Jake is acidic and bitter and he simply does not care; conventionality is killing him, choking the life out of him, and if he is to die he will go down fighting.
I came to “Monogamy Sucks” via the realms o
Eden Baylee
Mar 01, 2011 Eden Baylee rated it it was amazing
First off - the title: Like it or hate it, you can't feel neutral about it. So, I bought a copy of the book to find out if the story lived up to the name.

Wow! One thing I will say, Mr. Pappas pulls no punches in his story-telling about the sexual adventures of swinger, Jake Dalmas, in a life that is sometimes glamorous and sometimes hideous. Though told from a male point of view, I found myself very excited to be walking in his shoes.

I adore books that write about alternative lifestyles withou
Shannon MacLeod
Dec 21, 2011 Shannon MacLeod rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that the book title was what caught my interest first. Wasn’t quite sure what to expect given that, but what I got was a splendid read. Jake is such a wonderfully real character, having ups and down just like the rest of us. His adventures (and misadventures) are the stuff of locker room legends and embarrassments admitted only under cover of darkness.

This novel is not for the faint of heart, showing the swinging lifestyle with all the glitter and warts intact. Pappas doesn’t pu
Chrystal Rose
Feb 11, 2014 Chrystal Rose rated it it was amazing
A hilarious and realistic peek into the world of swingers.
Lisa Pacheco
Dec 06, 2011 Lisa Pacheco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
George Pappas' book is highly entertaining and enlightening. Every woman should read this book, if for no other reason, to understand how men think about women and sex. I had several laugh outloud moments while turning the pages, and while some of his tales are utterly outlandish, they will keep you intrigued. I absolutely loved the happy ending. His protagonist ends up with his ideal Asian, fantasy, f_ _ _ slut that likes to swing too, and they live happily every after. Ahhhh. . . how sweet!
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
I didn't finish but what I read was ok, it just wasn't doing it for me and I'd gotten it as a freebie so why bother trying to finish.
Susie Kline
Feb 19, 2011 Susie Kline rated it really liked it
Review coming to my blog www.motherhoot.com coming on 2/22/11
James Strock
James Strock rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Feicuitanxindan
Feicuitanxindan is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2016
Kathryn Jung
Kathryn Jung rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2016
Abiao123
Abiao123 marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
carla
carla rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015
Ken Chartrand
Ken Chartrand rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Joslyn
Joslyn marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Webares
Webares marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Add
Add marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Zhangyk
Zhangyk marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
J. R. Champagne
J. R. Champagne rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2015
Maud-Z
Maud-Z marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
James Twerell
James Twerell rated it did not like it
May 18, 2015
Xean
Xean marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Prophetduck
Prophetduck marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Debbe Swafford
Debbe Swafford marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Kelly L. Hunt
Kelly L. Hunt rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
An_un
An_un marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015