Start by marking “Every Little Thing” as Want to Read:
Every Little Thing

Every Little Thing

2.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  46 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Before there were mommy bloggers, there was Britt. San Francisco's brassy scandal queen filled her newspaper column with juicy details of her many marriages, cosmetic surgeries and everything about her only daughter, Mason.

Then Britt dies. Suddenly and in spectacularly embarrassing fashion. So Mason—now thirty-five and vehemently un-Britt-like in every way&#15
Published January 18th 2011 by Mira (first published January 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Every Little Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Little Thing

Bookish Jen
May 30, 2015 Bookish Jen rated it really liked it
Imagine a newspaper columnist who is part Joan Rivers (RIP) and part Edina Monsoon from “Absolutely Fabulous.” Now imagine this newspaper columnist is your mother.

In Pamela Klaffke’s second novel, Every Little Thing, the protagonist, Mason McDonald, doesn’t have to imagine. Her mother was the notorious Britt Castleman, a San Francisco-based gossip columnist who ruthlessly informed her readers about the filthy rich upper-crust high-society types and their salacious scandals. She also wrote extens
Jeanette
Jun 03, 2013 Jeanette rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
This book reminded me of Sophie Kinsella's writing style and I would have generally liked it (as it was well crafted in so many parts) except for the fact that the main protagonist is messy, raunchy, and pretty much unlikeable, and the ending left much to be desired. I doubt many people could get behind the main character and giving this book any better rating would be like supporting her message about motherhood, which I couldn't do. (FYI, Lindsey and Lacie, you would HATE this book!!:)
Lynn
Apr 18, 2011 Lynn rated it did not like it
there was nothing in this book to make me care about Mason. There was nothing connecting the different parts of the book to each other....things kept happening but the characters didn't become more filled out and the main character didn't grow as a person. This book was pretty pointless.
Sondra Harris
Aug 07, 2014 Sondra Harris rated it did not like it
I always feel guilty when I dislike a book. Every author has a story to tell, and no one person's story is more valid than another's. That said, I basically read this entire book because it started out pretty badly and I was waiting for it to get better, which never happened. I felt no sympathy or connection to the main character, whose only redeeming quality for me was that, no matter what bad choices I have made in my life, I'm nowhere near as bad as she is. Which led me to wonder: did the aut ...more
Blackravens Reviews
Jan 08, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it really liked it
Kathy’s Review:

Every Little Thing by Pamela Klaffke is an entertaining novel about mother/daughter relationships. Mason McDonald’s self imposed fifteen year exile to a small Canadian town comes to an end when her famous (or should I saw infamous?) mother Britt unexpected passes away during a medical procedure. Forced to live in San Francisco until Britt’s estate is settled, Mason’s life takes many unanticipated and surprising turns.

Mason’s resentment of her mother is longstanding and well-deserv
Cheryl
Jan 24, 2011 Cheryl rated it did not like it
EVERY LITTLE THING by Pamela Klaffke
Published by Harlequin/ Mira Books
ISBN 13: 9780778329237 0778329232
I received an ARC-EBook Bound galley Edition from NetGalley, at no cost to me, for my honest opinion.
Synopsis (borrowed from NetGalley): If it's not one thing, it's her mother.
Nina
Dec 26, 2010 Nina rated it liked it
The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Life on the Refrigerator Door. The Last Time I Saw Mother. It seems like I've been gravitating to mother-daughter books lately, and here is another one. I received an ARC of this story from NetGalley and read and finished it in one sitting. The book is not that long, the story itself just below 250 pages, and I guess it was okay. Not bad, but not exactly groundbreaking. Just enough to tide you over the next read.

To understand what I'm talking about, l
Alice
Jun 29, 2012 Alice rated it did not like it
I enjoyed Snapped, but I was disappointed to find that this book is about a woman who is essentially the same character. Added to that apparent lack of creativity, there's nothing in this story that makes me feel much empathy toward the main character. I don't find her offensive, but the author never really provides any real justification for the characters' belief that her mother was the worst ever. Other than describing conception in one of her columns, there's no other examples that might hav ...more
Eleanor Schmidt
Feb 22, 2016 Eleanor Schmidt rated it liked it
A silly novel with a main character that is full of flaws. But what can you expect when her Mom dies from complication of vaginal rejuvenation surgery. Barely a 3 but I was on vacation and literally read it in the pool. Very light, very silly, lottsa fluff. But sometimes you need a little fluff.
Stephanie
Apr 28, 2014 Stephanie rated it liked it
I enjoyed the first part of this book, but was not prepared for the pregnancy (which ended up being the rest of the story).
WynterAngel Zsun
Jul 26, 2011 WynterAngel Zsun rated it did not like it
I started reading this book just cuz I sorta liked the premise seeing as not much of a summary is given. I should have put the book down immediately after picking it up. It turned into whining and complaining almost from the start. Then in an odd turn of events the main character who is pregnant starts like smoking and drinking and then professes that her progressive pregnancy is her right and is a great thing. Idk why I kept reading but I did. If you pick this book up, put it down and back away ...more
Kelly
Jul 31, 2011 Kelly rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2011
For me, this one was one of those train wreck reads--you don't really want to see it, but you can't look away. I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be funny, sad, or what. And the protag is one of the most annoying people I've ever read about. She was very "my life sucks, feel sorry for me" and I just didn't. I don't like whiny main characters, and I spent more time feeling sorry for the other people in her life (especially Aaron, who really got a raw deal here).
Ginger
Feb 21, 2011 Ginger rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. I had been struggling to read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and finally gave up and read this on my Sony Reader. It was a really light read with some funny parts in it even though the subject matter was a little heavy. I would definitely read another book by this author.
Lauren
Apr 07, 2011 Lauren rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-i-own
Couldn't finish - why are her characters always so unlikable?
Ilona
May 28, 2013 Ilona rated it it was amazing
Another great story about a woman who grows...
Shaheen
Jan 17, 2012 Shaheen rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, chicklit
Not exactly sure why I finished this one.
Amy Pitts
Jul 10, 2011 Amy Pitts rated it it was ok
Not that impressed!
Marta Higgs
Marta Higgs rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2016
Maureen French
Maureen French rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Lani
Lani marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Cynthia Pratt
Cynthia Pratt marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Anita
Anita added it
Jun 20, 2014
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014