Every Little Thing

Every Little Thing

2.41 of 5 stars 2.41  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Before there were mommy bloggers, there was Britt. San Francisco's brassy scandal queen filled her newspaper column with juicy details of her many marriages, cosmetic surgeries and everything about her only daughter, Mason.

Then Britt dies. Suddenly and in spectacularly embarrassing fashion. So Mason—now thirty-five and vehemently un-Britt-like in every way—returns...more
Published January 18th 2011 by Mira (first published January 17th 2011)

Jeanette
This book reminded me of Sophie Kinsella's writing style and I would have generally liked it (as it was well crafted in so many parts) except for the fact that the main protagonist is messy, raunchy, and pretty much unlikeable, and the ending left much to be desired. I doubt many people could get behind the main character and giving this book any better rating would be like supporting her message about motherhood, which I couldn't do. (FYI, Lindsey and Lacie, you would HATE this book!!:)
Lynn
there was nothing in this book to make me care about Mason. There was nothing connecting the different parts of the book to each other....things kept happening but the characters didn't become more filled out and the main character didn't grow as a person. This book was pretty pointless.
Blackraven's Reviews
Kathy’s Review:

Every Little Thing by Pamela Klaffke is an entertaining novel about mother/daughter relationships. Mason McDonald’s self imposed fifteen year exile to a small Canadian town comes to an end when her famous (or should I saw infamous?) mother Britt unexpected passes away during a medical procedure. Forced to live in San Francisco until Britt’s estate is settled, Mason’s life takes many unanticipated and surprising turns.

Mason’s resentment of her mother is longstanding and well-deserv...more
Cheryl "Mash"
EVERY LITTLE THING by Pamela Klaffke
Published by Harlequin/ Mira Books
ISBN 13: 9780778329237 0778329232
I received an ARC-EBook Bound galley Edition from NetGalley, at no cost to me, for my honest opinion.
Synopsis (borrowed from NetGalley): If it's not one thing, it's her mother.
Before there were mommy bloggers, there was Britt. San Francisco's brassy scandal queen filled her newspaper column with juicy details of her many marriages, cosmetic surgeries and everything about her only daughter, M...more
Nina
The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Life on the Refrigerator Door. The Last Time I Saw Mother. It seems like I've been gravitating to mother-daughter books lately, and here is another one. I received an ARC of this story from NetGalley and read and finished it in one sitting. The book is not that long, the story itself just below 250 pages, and I guess it was okay. Not bad, but not exactly groundbreaking. Just enough to tide you over the next read.

To understand what I'm talking about, l...more
Alice
I enjoyed Snapped, but I was disappointed to find that this book is about a woman who is essentially the same character. Added to that apparent lack of creativity, there's nothing in this story that makes me feel much empathy toward the main character. I don't find her offensive, but the author never really provides any real justification for the characters' belief that her mother was the worst ever. Other than describing conception in one of her columns, there's no other examples that might hav...more
Stephanie
I enjoyed the first part of this book, but was not prepared for the pregnancy (which ended up being the rest of the story).
WynterAngel Zsun
I started reading this book just cuz I sorta liked the premise seeing as not much of a summary is given. I should have put the book down immediately after picking it up. It turned into whining and complaining almost from the start. Then in an odd turn of events the main character who is pregnant starts like smoking and drinking and then professes that her progressive pregnancy is her right and is a great thing. Idk why I kept reading but I did. If you pick this book up, put it down and back away...more
Kelly
For me, this one was one of those train wreck reads--you don't really want to see it, but you can't look away. I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be funny, sad, or what. And the protag is one of the most annoying people I've ever read about. She was very "my life sucks, feel sorry for me" and I just didn't. I don't like whiny main characters, and I spent more time feeling sorry for the other people in her life (especially Aaron, who really got a raw deal here).
Ginger
I really enjoyed reading this book. I had been struggling to read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and finally gave up and read this on my Sony Reader. It was a really light read with some funny parts in it even though the subject matter was a little heavy. I would definitely read another book by this author.
Lauren
Couldn't finish - why are her characters always so unlikable?
Ilona
Another great story about a woman who grows...
Shaheen
Not exactly sure why I finished this one.
Amy Pitts
Not that impressed!
Anita
Anita added it
Jun 20, 2014
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Hilary
Hilary marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Caitlin Weiss
Caitlin Weiss marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Robbin
Robbin marked it as to-read
May 17, 2013
Alyssa
Alyssa added it
Apr 03, 2013
Antara
Antara marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Snapped Hello, Cutie!: Adventures in Cute Culture Spree: A Cultural History of Shopping