Start by marking “Mercurial: The Definitive Guide: The Definitive Guide” as Want to Read:
Mercurial: The Definitive Guide: The Definitive Guide

Mercurial: The Definitive Guide: The Definitive Guide

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This instructive book takes you step by step through ways to track, merge, and manage both open source and commercial software projects with Mercurial, using Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris, and other systems. Mercurial is the easiest system to learn when it comes to distributed revision control. And it's a very flexible tool that's ideal whether you're a lone programmer ...more
Published June 16th 2009 by O'Reilly Media

To ask other readers questions about Mercurial, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mercurial

Senthil Kumaran
This is a comprehensive book about hg, which states it's design goals upfront and leads you step by step with the various usage commands. The contents and chapters of the book is very well organized. It takes the reader from the ground up on why hg works in a certain way and tries to help the reader understand it's simple design and so that they can work with the system, extend it and derive maximum benefits. This helped me to understand my current worflow too. :)
Jyri-matti Lähteenmäki
A bit of a disappointment. Covers all the basic stuff and then focuses on patches. I would have liked to know some advanced tips and tricks and poweruser features or something... Well, since it seems to be the only book ever written on Mercurial (What!?!) it's worth a read.
Reggie
Mercurial rocks. So many things I've wanted to do with version control for years and now it's all possible. If you're using Subversion or anything like it I highly recommend switching if it at all possible. We actually use Kiln, which is just Mercurial with a nice web interface and integration into Fogbugz.

This book is a decent reference, though I still find I need to use other sources too at times.

Glenn Burnside
Good introduction to Mercurial for source control, which I'm finding to be simpler than Git, but sufficiently powerful for my and my team's needs. Read this book, then get yourself an account on bitbucket.org.
Daniel
Having used Centralised version control systems for over a decade, this book was a pretty good introduction to Distributed VC in general and Mercurial in particular.
Brent
Great introduction to Mercurial.
Telorian
Telorian marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Nikhil
Nikhil marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
RT
RT added it
Feb 05, 2015
Milena
Milena is currently reading it
Jan 17, 2015
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Altngo
Altngo marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Robert Berardino
Robert Berardino marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Infrid
Infrid added it
Dec 28, 2014
Brainx
Brainx marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Jon
Jon added it
Nov 13, 2014
Jean
Jean added it
Oct 24, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Kai-Chung Yan
Kai-Chung Yan marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Shereef Sakr
Shereef Sakr marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Dvdlynch
Dvdlynch marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Rich
Rich added it
Jun 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Real World Haskell: Code You Can Believe In The Jini(TM) Specification (The Jini(TM) Technology Series)