Start by marking “Hudson House” as Want to Read:
Hudson House

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Hudson House

Hudson House . . . Teenagers Eric, Tommy, and Ed never should have entered . . . but once they did, they unleashed a power impossible to control, an evil presence intent on destroying everything they know. They are not the first to suffer in the house at the corner of Mangle Lane and Jackson Drive. Not the first to discover its unholy promise . . . or the first to know its ...more
Published September 17th 2010 by Createspace (first published August 19th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hudson House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hudson House

Vone Savan
Jun 29, 2011 Vone Savan rated it liked it
I love Halloween (it’s my second favorite Holiday) and I love haunted houses, so when you put the two together in a book, it’s hard for me to resist reading the story. HUDSON HOUSE by J.T. Warren takes these two ideas and morphs them into an entertaining—and sometimes chilling—thriller that was a lot of fun to read.

It’s 1984, a few days before Halloween, and best friends Eric Hunter, Tommy Pomeroy and Ed Forlure, are daring themselves into Hudson House, the most haunted house around their neigh
Kelly Truelove
Apr 30, 2012 Kelly Truelove rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of supernatural horror and haunted house stories
Shelves: haunted-house, horror
This was an awesome read! I read this one over the weekend while driving back from TX, and I was very impressed. It reminded me of Dan Simmons' Summer of Night and Winter Haunting, two of my favorites. It was suspenseful and held my attention from start to finish. I love it when a book grabs me right from page one and won't let go. For me, this was such a book. When I had to take a break, I couldn't wait to get back to it. Once I finished, I immediately went looking for more books by this author ...more
Jessica
I am not very sure what rating to give this, I am tied between a 3 and a 4, but I'll settle for 3.75

I love horror stories, I am a sucker for them. Even the cliche ones. I was engrossed with the story and the descriptions of the house and what lived inside it was great.

I liked the characters and the plot of the story. It was well paced and easy to read.

But If this is a standalone horror novel, I have so many questions that were left unanswered and the ending left me unsatisfied.
Misty Baker
Jan 05, 2012 Misty Baker rated it it was amazing
Well… let me start by saying, “Hi! I’m back.” I’m sorry y’all have been fending for yourselves in the “to read or not to read” department for the last week and a half, but good news… I am finally well enough to focus, which… by default means that the book which I have been trying to read for a week has finally come to an end. (Whew.. that was a tough one)

Now, on a different note: last Friday I uploaded a YouTube episode about horror cliches that actually work in books, and be damned if I wasn’t
Lady Rogue
Nov 12, 2010 Lady Rogue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kimberly
Apr 24, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Horror, Suspense, Mystery. I read the preview of this book and was hooked within the first few pages. Immediately I felt the main character's fear! Once I reached the end of the preview I wasted no time in purchasing it.

I couldn't put this book down...contemplated ditching work to read. Although, I didn't.

This reminded me of the animated movie 'Monster House'. However, it's nothing like it.
"Something worse than demons."

Definitely not a book for younger readers. Very morbid, and graphic.

I haven
Chris DiLeo
May 21, 2011 Chris DiLeo rated it it was amazing
I'm biased, of course, because I wrote this book, but it has been well received since its publication last year and has sold several hundred ebook copies. The reader response has been resoundingly positive, which is why I'm giving away a paperback copy. One blogger said the book is a cross between Stand By Me and Monster House, only with a lot more blood. I hope you take the chance to get the free copy and maybe even download the ebook in the meantime--it's $0.99 for a limited time only.
Saewod Tice
Originally finding this story on [...], I started the teasing chapters. By the time I got to the last chapter posted I was drooling for more. Thankfully I saw the book was published and available for Kindle. Whew!

Sick of the supernatural stories overcrowding the virtual and physical book shelves? Well, then this will be a nice change of paragraphs for you.
Zoraida Rodriguez
Interesting.......

It was hard for me to get involved in the story..... The writing is good but the story wasn't interesting for me to get involved. It took me longer to read than other books. Didn't really care for it. It didn't make sense.
Marie
Mar 10, 2015 Marie rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror-books
It was a pretty good read - it kept my attention - wasn't real scary - I could turn the lights out and not worry.
Kristina Franken
Kristina Franken rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2012
Betty Ellis
Betty Ellis rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Jeni
Jeni rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2011
Neal Hock
Neal Hock rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2011
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Samantha Pena
Samantha Pena rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2013
Kathy
Kathy rated it did not like it
Mar 11, 2011
Abbie
Abbie rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2017
John Nolley
John Nolley rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2013
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was ok
Feb 02, 2012
Lisa Duncan
Lisa Duncan rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2014
 book
book rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2011
Rich Veramontes
Rich Veramontes rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2012
Neil Blaiberg
Neil Blaiberg rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2011
Tiara
Tiara rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2011
Sarah rated it did not like it
Aug 31, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it it was ok
Mar 01, 2013
Bobbie Jo
Bobbie Jo rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2014
Jennifer Peters
Jennifer Peters rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2013
Horror aficionado, lover of Halloween, author of the upcoming young adult horror novel, HUDSON HOUSE, available in print and ebook formats.

J.T. Warren was born on Halloween, a few months after his mother saw Jaws at the movies. His affinity for horror can be traced to an early age when he built a coffin out of cardboard and pretended to be a corpse, much to the concern of his parents. He can still
More about J.T. Warren...