Start by marking “The Divine Dance: If the World Is Your Stage, Who Are You Performing For?” as Want to Read:
The Divine Dance: If the World Is Your Stage, Who Are You Performing For?

The Divine Dance: If the World Is Your Stage, Who Are You Performing For?

Shows teen girls how to stop "performing" for those around them-friends, family, teachers-and inspires them to perform for an audience of One.
Published September 1st 2006 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Divine Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Divine Dance

Aug 13, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a re-read, and I loved it even more the second time around. It is most enjoyable because it is written by a 20 year old young woman who is struggling with every subject she is writing about. This means that The Divine Dance is identifiable and applicable. Shannon is a great writer and her analogy of dancing with God is really amazing. Every woman 13 or older should read this.
Meadow Frisbie
Mar 05, 2010 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenage Girls
Recommended to Meadow by: Christian Book Distributors
Shelves: studies
This book was VERY helpful, she really captured the 'Divine Dance' and how we are supposed to be dancing for Him. I expecially liked chapter 7: The Tango, which was on relationships.
Sydney
Jun 24, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all christion young women
I suppose when it comes to reading books on Christian living the one way to tell if it was a good book is if you were convicted. When I read this book I was convicted in a lot of the areas of my life, so in my opinion this was a worthwhile book to read.

The Divine Dance is a neat concept. We are either dancing for God or for the world. I found myself challenged in areas where I'm really dancing more for the world than God. This book really challenged me to get my dreams straight, and to do what I
Lydia
Jun 27, 2012 Lydia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amanda
Apr 08, 2013 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This beautiful book is for girls everywhere. It's not just for dancers, even though I feel like it resonates even more clearly with those of us who do dance.

Written clearly and openly, The Divine Dance walks through the different aspects of maturing in this world in an inspiring and uplifting way. The Divine Dance is our walk with the Lord, our performance for Him alone.

As I read this, it encouraged and challenged me. Especially as a dancer, I see this book in a new light. With the "Divine Danc
Rebekah Snyder
May 28, 2012 Rebekah Snyder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have no words for how amazing this book is. After following after Jesus for fourteen years, He had yet to come alive to me until I read this book. This is the story that moved Jesus from heaven to earth in my eyes and swept me off my feet into the most glorious dance imaginable. Seven years later, I'm still dancing for my Audience of One. I would recommend The Divine Dance to any young woman who is seeking to make God the center of her life. In fact, I've done more than recommend it. I've pass ...more
Charles
Nov 11, 2008 Charles rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
She compares life to a dance. Who are you dancing for? Her wording is thought provoking esp. concerning your background dancers, and whether or not you are dancing alone.

This book was written for teenage girls. I gleaned insight from it also. And I will read it to my girls. Chapter 7 about dating is especially valuable with advice concerning guidelines to properly finding a mate who is compatable.
Dana
Oct 29, 2013 Dana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although the author originally wrote this book to encourage girls in high school and college in their Christian life, I found many insights that applied to an almost-forty-year-old mom. This book, using the analogy of life as a dance, is straightforward and simple to read, but offers the reader the challenge of figuring out who she is living her life to please--the world, or God.
Anne
Oct 13, 2008 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My best friend and I lead a dicipleship group of freshmen girls through this book. The concept of 'dancing' with, and for the lover of your soul is beautiful. It was a reminder to return to your first love. I did not agree with everything she had to say about dating realtionships but one chapter dosn't ruin the whole book.
Robin
Jul 06, 2011 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One the most inspiring books for christian women or girls. You don't have to be a dancer to appreciate the timeless lessons and practical advice she gives. It is a book to read multiple times and slowly. It is probably one of my favorite books of all time besides the bible.
Rosie
Oct 08, 2008 Rosie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book.........if I wasn't reading 5 books at one time I would have it done already. If you have a teenage daughter...you must read it and then pass it to them. Again my 4 star will probably be a 5 when I finish.
Hayley
Feb 27, 2009 Hayley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was an amazing book about finding your self in God. not living you life for other people but for God. i most definitely recommend it!
Becky B
Sep 19, 2012 Becky B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teen girls, college girls, 20/30s young women
Great book about finding your security and fulfillment in God alone.
Martha
May 25, 2009 Martha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally recommend this book to any teenage girl!!
Lisa
May 29, 2012 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction-faith
Annie Blog's Recommendation
Carrie Marston
Carrie Marston marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Cedirea Thomas
Cedirea Thomas rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2016
Tiara Hudson
Tiara Hudson marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Azalea Brown
Azalea Brown rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Kathe Sanders
Kathe Sanders rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Janet Flores
Janet Flores marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Megan Tiede
Megan Tiede marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Lillian Kennedy
Lillian Kennedy marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Danielle Geissinger
Danielle Geissinger rated it it was ok
May 06, 2016
Chels Sernett
Chels Sernett marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Kaitlyn Hunsberger
Kaitlyn Hunsberger marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
  • The Way Home: Beyond Feminism, Back to Reality
  • Uncompromising: A Heart Claimed By a Radical Love
  • Three Views on the Rapture: Pre; Mid; or Post-Tribulation
  • The Radical Question: What is Jesus Worth To You?
  • Before You Meet Prince Charming: A Guide to Radiant Purity
  • Four Views on the Book of Revelation
  • The Priest with Dirty Clothes: A Timeless Story of God's Love and Forgiveness
  • Redefining Beautiful: What God Sees When God Sees You
  • Already Gone: Why Your Kids Will Quit Church and What You Can Do to Stop It
  • Four Views on Divine Providence
  • Two Views on Women in Ministry
  • It’s (Not That) Complicated: How to Relate to Guys in a Healthy, Sane, and Biblical Way
  • The Deadliest Monster: A Christian Introduction to Worldviews