The Divine Dance: If the World Is Your Stage, Who Are You Performing For?

The Divine Dance: If the World Is Your Stage, Who Are You Performing For?

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Shows teen girls how to stop "performing" for those around them-friends, family, teachers-and inspires them to perform for an audience of One.
Published September 1st 2006 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Divine Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Divine Dance

This was a re-read, and I loved it even more the second time around. It is most enjoyable because it is written by a 20 year old young woman who is struggling with every subject she is writing about. This means that The Divine Dance is identifiable and applicable. Shannon is a great writer and her analogy of dancing with God is really amazing. Every woman 13 or older should read this.
Meadow
Mar 05, 2010 Meadow rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenage Girls
Recommended to Meadow by: Christian Book Distributors
Shelves: studies
This book was VERY helpful, she really captured the 'Divine Dance' and how we are supposed to be dancing for Him. I expecially liked chapter 7: The Tango, which was on relationships.
Sydney
Jun 24, 2013 Sydney rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all christion young women
I suppose when it comes to reading books on Christian living the one way to tell if it was a good book is if you were convicted. When I read this book I was convicted in a lot of the areas of my life, so in my opinion this was a worthwhile book to read.

The Divine Dance is a neat concept. We are either dancing for God or for the world. I found myself challenged in areas where I'm really dancing more for the world than God. This book really challenged me to get my dreams straight, and to do what I...more
Lydia
Amanda
This beautiful book is for girls everywhere. It's not just for dancers, even though I feel like it resonates even more clearly with those of us who do dance.

Written clearly and openly, The Divine Dance walks through the different aspects of maturing in this world in an inspiring and uplifting way. The Divine Dance is our walk with the Lord, our performance for Him alone.

As I read this, it encouraged and challenged me. Especially as a dancer, I see this book in a new light. With the "Divine Danc...more
Rebekah Snyder
I have no words for how amazing this book is. After following after Jesus for fourteen years, He had yet to come alive to me until I read this book. This is the story that moved Jesus from heaven to earth in my eyes and swept me off my feet into the most glorious dance imaginable. Seven years later, I'm still dancing for my Audience of One. I would recommend The Divine Dance to any young woman who is seeking to make God the center of her life. In fact, I've done more than recommend it. I've pass...more
Charles
She compares life to a dance. Who are you dancing for? Her wording is thought provoking esp. concerning your background dancers, and whether or not you are dancing alone.

This book was written for teenage girls. I gleaned insight from it also. And I will read it to my girls. Chapter 7 about dating is especially valuable with advice concerning guidelines to properly finding a mate who is compatable.
Dana
Although the author originally wrote this book to encourage girls in high school and college in their Christian life, I found many insights that applied to an almost-forty-year-old mom. This book, using the analogy of life as a dance, is straightforward and simple to read, but offers the reader the challenge of figuring out who she is living her life to please--the world, or God.
Anne
My best friend and I lead a dicipleship group of freshmen girls through this book. The concept of 'dancing' with, and for the lover of your soul is beautiful. It was a reminder to return to your first love. I did not agree with everything she had to say about dating realtionships but one chapter dosn't ruin the whole book.
Robin
One the most inspiring books for christian women or girls. You don't have to be a dancer to appreciate the timeless lessons and practical advice she gives. It is a book to read multiple times and slowly. It is probably one of my favorite books of all time besides the bible.
Rosie
Great book.........if I wasn't reading 5 books at one time I would have it done already. If you have a teenage daughter...you must read it and then pass it to them. Again my 4 star will probably be a 5 when I finish.
Hayley
this was an amazing book about finding your self in God. not living you life for other people but for God. i most definitely recommend it!
Becky B
Sep 19, 2012 Becky B rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teen girls, college girls, 20/30s young women
Great book about finding your security and fulfillment in God alone.
Martha
I totally recommend this book to any teenage girl!!
Lisa
May 29, 2012 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction-faith
Annie Blog's Recommendation
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Kaley Brouwer
Kaley Brouwer marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Gloria Hogg
Gloria Hogg marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Katrina Schecter
Katrina Schecter is currently reading it
May 20, 2014
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Being a Girl Who Loves: Learning to Love Like Jesus Being a Girl Who Leads: Becoming a Leader by Following Christ Being a Girl Who Serves: How to Find Your Life by Giving It Away