Start by marking “Mission Earth 03: The Enemy Within” as Want to Read:
Mission Earth 03: The Enemy Within

Mission Earth 03: The Enemy Within (Mission Earth #3)

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  1,474 ratings  ·  23 reviews
A monumental work -- acclaimed as agenuine masterpiece -- L. Ron Hubbard's 1.2-million-word-ten-volume MISSION EARTH dekalogy brilliantly blends science fiction and action/adventure on a vast interstellar scale with stinging satire -- in the literary tradition of Voltaire, Swift and Orwell -- on the world's foibles and fancies.A true publishing phenomenon -- precedent-sett ...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published July 1st 1991 by Bridge Publications (CA) (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Mission Earth 03, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mission Earth 03

Craig
The Mission Earth series is a big, bloated, fun and funny dekalogy* of pulp and satire and non-stop action. It's not a serious work, nor was it intended to be; I believe Hubbard wrote it simply out of fondness for the field, the way it was when he was beginning his career. He surely didn't need the money. It lampoons everything from economics to law enforcement to crime to space opera to science and all stops in between. It's not a particularly well-written work of literature, but is engaging an ...more
Denis
Take all ten of these books and boil 'em down all night... no, leave it on the burner for a whole week. Reduce it too a thick dense sticky sauce. And still, this will have very little flavour.

There was the seed of a decent parody in there within the first two books then the joke was over. The joke became, "...let's make it ten books, just so we could call it a "dekalogy".
Leif
Great read... Although the title suggests an unnerving, almost sinister plot, the author's pragmatic use of detail and effortless blend of post-modern colloquialism brings a rather homey, sympathetic view of alien domination to the reader.
curtis chittenden
Good but not the best one I've read yet

this is the third book in the mission earth series so I can't comment on the ins and outs of all the story but this book in particular was pretty slow but there are seven books after it so I figured I was bound to run into a couple slow ones I didn't like this one as much as the first but I did however like it better than the second and although people are complaining about the drawn out utanc character I actually enjoyed these parts because obviously there
Kathryn
Horrible. The less said about this one the better.
David Sarkies
Hubbard has a big problem with psychiatrists
31 March 2012

When we are dealing with a series of ten novels, particularly a series that was read so long ago, the entire series seems to morph into a single book that I can vaguely remember. Some people seemed to have liked these books but most of the readers that have commented on them have indicated otherwise. I have never really been a big fan of such long running series, though the only other one I read was The Wheel of Time, which I gave up on o
Reading
Absolute drivel.

I am wondering if I can be bothered to go write this on all the books of the series that I actually managed to slog through, and I might. Been reading sci-fi since I remember myself and almost never have I dropped a book halfway through. I really tried with this "epic" series, really did. On book 4 now and have decided that there is no way I am devoting another precious minute of my life to this.

The story has something in it, but there are so many unnecessary twists and turns, t
Thomas
I read these in high school and found them compelling, but as I reflect on them, I recall them being rather stupid, oversexed, and pointless.
Noah
This was as far as I made it into the decology.
Jason Sta. Maria
My first Mission Earth Galaxy Press published book. Just like the previous two, I didn't really enjoyed reading it but I still wanted to know how the story will go. The hero in the story was becoming more and more cooler and he still needs to encounter a bunch of hardships while the story goes. There are still lots of boring scenarios just for the sake of making the flow of the story long.
Steve Bowling
Not to knock L Ron because I absolutely loved Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard but this one was definitely not my cup of tea. I didn't find it funny in the least and I think that was what it was trying to be. It failed and I quit the series. ...more
Bradley
I wanted to read this book so badly I checked it out of the library. I laughed several times throughout this book.. while my wife was watching a DVD. A very good story and extremely funny. I enjoyed this book a lot. =)
Lianna Vigil
one of the few books I have never finished. I not only didn't finish it; I *threw* it away! Into the trash dumpster! I've never done that before or since!
Blake
A crazy pulp novel, clearly written just to tell a story and get paid by the word; though not as crazy or pulpish as Scientology.
Ruth
c1988: Summed up by Orson Scott Card as '"Ironic, exciting, romantic and hilarious."
Ricardo
Great Series of Science Fiction novels.
Nicole (kasinda)
Okay this just seems to be getting worse.
Chad
Great series very funny
Peter
Red this one too... sigh
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
  • Masks of the Martyrs (Rings of the Master, #4)
  • Independence Day: Silent Zone
  • Northworld (Northworld, #1)
  • Berserker Man (Berserker, #4)
  • Requiem for the Conqueror (Forbidden Borders, #1)
  • Requiem: New Collected Works and Tributes to the Grand Master
  • King's Test (Star of the Guardians, #2)
  • The Vang: The Military Form (The Vang, #2)
  • Planet of Treachery (Family D'Alembert, #7)
  • Transit
  • The Stainless Steel Rat Gets Drafted (Stainless Steel Rat, #2)
  • I, Robot: The Illustrated Screenplay
  • The Light-Years Beneath My Feet
  • Enormity (Complete Edition)
  • The Last Man on Earth
  • The Miocene Arrow (Greatwinter Trilogy #2)
L. Ron Hubbard was a popular pulp writer of science fiction, fantasy, adventure, mysteries and westerns during the 1930s and later founder of Dianetics and Scientology.

Known Pseudonyms:
Frederick Engelhardt
Kurt von Rachen
Rene LaFayete/Rene La Fayette/René Lafayette
Frankie Rohne
More about L. Ron Hubbard...

Mission Earth (10 books)
  • The Invaders Plan (Mission Earth, #1)
  • Black Genesis (Mission Earth, #2)
  • An Alien Affair (Mission Earth, #4)
  • Fortune of Fear (Mission Earth, #5)
  • Death Quest (Mission Earth, #6)
  • Voyage of Vengeance (Mission Earth, #7)
  • Disaster (Mission Earth, #8)
  • Villainy Victorious (Mission Earth, #9)
  • The Doomed Planet (Mission Earth, #10)
Battlefield Earth The Invaders Plan (Mission Earth, #1) Black Genesis (Mission Earth, #2) An Alien Affair (Mission Earth, #4) Fortune of Fear (Mission Earth, #5)