The Feather Room

The Feather Room

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  251 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Science, birds, Billy the Kid, and lots of feathers surround The Feather Room, Anis Mojgani's follow up to his Pushcart-nominated work, Over the Anvil We Stretch. In The Feather Room, Mojgani further explores storytelling in poetic form while traveling farther down the path of magic realism, endowing his tales with a greater sense of fantasy and brightness. The work recoun...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Write Bloody Publishing (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Feather Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Feather Room

Maryanne Taouk
This collection of work from acclaimed Def Jam and Slam Poet Anis Mojgani is definitely a must read for aspiring hipsters everywhere.

A joyful mix of poems and observations, ‘The Feather Room’ appears to be a bit of an intrusive look into Mojgani’s life, in fact some of the things he writes about are so personal you feel a little guilty reading them.

That doesn’t stop each page becoming a testament to modern American poetry, or the unquestionable bible of chai-latte drinking, scarf wearing, Salvat...more
Hobie
I don't often read poetry, but I happened to see Mojgani read here in Portland and was drawn in by the energy and the magicality of the writing. Nearly narrative, but not prose, these pieces charmed the socks off of me. I was fortunate enough to see him perform again last night and am jazzed all over again. Keep it coming, Anis!
Duane
I just finished the last few poems in The Feather Room - an amazing journey of poems that has filled my mind with wonder for the past week. Anis Mojani took me places – as a reader – that only one other writer ever has – Gabriel Garcia Marquez. This is not to say they write in a similar fashion – they don't. But each took my mind on a journey to similar places – but by different routs.

Anis has a wild and wide ranging mind and where he leads the reader is stunning. I never expect to connect with...more
Yona
Feb 16, 2012 Yona rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: poetry
The collection open with a story, told like a myth or folk tale, about the three doors of one’s life: a yellow wood door, which shows the past and someone loved and lost; a red stone door, which shows the self crying for something one cannot let go; and a blue glass door, which shows the future. The poems in The Feather Room show Anis Mojgani’s journey through these three doors.

I’m still not quite sure what I thought of Mojgani. These were very strange poems, and I can’t pretend I under them all...more
Kara
This man has such a beautiful mind that it's almost painful to read his words. Been lucky enough to have been exposed to his writing and performances for seven years, and I'm still constantly in awe.
Lori
I loved this book! The poems were beautiful, in that dream like state where things are real and not real, light and heavy at the same time. But most of all these poems made me hopeful of love...
Lisa
I got to see this guy speak at a To Write Love on Her Arms event and immediately fell in love with his art. It's so fresh and genuine. LOVE IT!
Maria Rocio
Jun 30, 2012 Maria Rocio marked it as to-read
amazing, beautiful, inspiring. a must read for anyone with a passion for words, writing and life.
Abbigail
Best collection of magical realism poetry I've discovered in a while.
Canelle Irmas
Canelle Irmas marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Jai
Jai added it
Sep 07, 2014
Ana Ana
Ana Ana marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Martijn De
Martijn De marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Armaan Sahgal
Armaan Sahgal marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Cammie
Cammie marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
You-Jin Lim
You-Jin Lim marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Steven Kim
Steven Kim is currently reading it
Sep 01, 2014
Rahma.m
Rahma.m marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Kr Mack
Kr Mack marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Nicole
Nicole is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
B
B marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
  • Visiting Hours
  • Book of My Nights
  • Mindfield: New and Selected Poems
  • B Is for Bad Poetry
  • Satan Says (Pitt Poetry Series)
  • Selected Poems
1988741
Anis Mojgani is a two time National Poetry Slam Champion and winner of the International World Cup Poetry Slam. A TEDx Speaker and former resident of the Oregon Literary Arts Writers-In-The-Schools program, Anis has performed at numerous universities, festivals, and venues around the globe. He has performed for audiences as varied as the House of Blues and the United Nations, and his work has appe...more
More about Anis Mojgani...
Over the Anvil We Stretch Junkyard Ghost Revival Songs from Under the River: A Collection of Poetry The Pocketknife Bible: The Poems and Art of Anis Mojgani The Last American Valentine: Illustrated Poems to Seduce and Destroy