Start by marking “The Feather Room” as Want to Read:
The Feather Room

The Feather Room

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  305 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Science, birds, Billy the Kid, and lots of feathers surround The Feather Room, Anis Mojgani's follow up to his Pushcart-nominated work, Over the Anvil We Stretch. In The Feather Room, Mojgani further explores storytelling in poetic form while traveling farther down the path of magic realism, endowing his tales with a greater sense of fantasy and brightness. The work recoun ...more
Published April 1st 2011 by Write Bloody Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Feather Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Feather Room

Maryanne Taouk
This collection of work from acclaimed Def Jam and Slam Poet Anis Mojgani is definitely a must read for aspiring hipsters everywhere.

A joyful mix of poems and observations, ‘The Feather Room’ appears to be a bit of an intrusive look into Mojgani’s life, in fact some of the things he writes about are so personal you feel a little guilty reading them.

That doesn’t stop each page becoming a testament to modern American poetry, or the unquestionable bible of chai-latte drinking, scarf wearing, Salvat
Hobie
I don't often read poetry, but I happened to see Mojgani read here in Portland and was drawn in by the energy and the magicality of the writing. Nearly narrative, but not prose, these pieces charmed the socks off of me. I was fortunate enough to see him perform again last night and am jazzed all over again. Keep it coming, Anis!
Duane
I just finished the last few poems in The Feather Room - an amazing journey of poems that has filled my mind with wonder for the past week. Anis Mojani took me places – as a reader – that only one other writer ever has – Gabriel Garcia Marquez. This is not to say they write in a similar fashion – they don't. But each took my mind on a journey to similar places – but by different routs.

Anis has a wild and wide ranging mind and where he leads the reader is stunning. I never expect to connect with
Yona
Feb 16, 2012 Yona rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: poetry
The collection open with a story, told like a myth or folk tale, about the three doors of one’s life: a yellow wood door, which shows the past and someone loved and lost; a red stone door, which shows the self crying for something one cannot let go; and a blue glass door, which shows the future. The poems in The Feather Room show Anis Mojgani’s journey through these three doors.

I’m still not quite sure what I thought of Mojgani. These were very strange poems, and I can’t pretend I under them all
Ronnie Stephens
The words bleeding out of this book are, in a word, extraordinary. Anis Mojgani is one of the best poets out there, no question. I've been following his career for a little over 4 years now, and this is the best work I've ever seen from him. Mojgani is a master with language, and his poems are hypnotizing. Never before has an American poet so effortlessly bridged superhuman compassion with brutal honesty. To give you an idea of how incredible this collection is, I'm waiting on my third copy to s ...more
Kara
This man has such a beautiful mind that it's almost painful to read his words. Been lucky enough to have been exposed to his writing and performances for seven years, and I'm still constantly in awe.
Lori
I loved this book! The poems were beautiful, in that dream like state where things are real and not real, light and heavy at the same time. But most of all these poems made me hopeful of love...
Lisa
I got to see this guy speak at a To Write Love on Her Arms event and immediately fell in love with his art. It's so fresh and genuine. LOVE IT!
Maria Rocio
Jun 30, 2012 Maria Rocio marked it as to-read
amazing, beautiful, inspiring. a must read for anyone with a passion for words, writing and life.
Abbigail
Best collection of magical realism poetry I've discovered in a while.
Seth Helms
Seth Helms marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Miranda
Miranda marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Raven Cole
Raven Cole marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Maria R-S
Maria R-S marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Dhruti Shah
Dhruti Shah marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Steph
Steph added it
May 21, 2015
Smabelson
Smabelson marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Juliet
Juliet marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
  • The Last Time as We Are
  • Pink Elephant
  • I Have to Go Back to 1994 and Kill a Girl: Poems
1988741
Anis Mojgani is a two time National Poetry Slam Champion and winner of the International World Cup Poetry Slam. A TEDx Speaker and former resident of the Oregon Literary Arts Writers-In-The-Schools program, Anis has performed at numerous universities, festivals, and venues around the globe. He has performed for audiences as varied as the House of Blues and the United Nations, and his work has appe ...more
More about Anis Mojgani...
Over the Anvil We Stretch Songs from Under the River: A Collection of Poetry Junkyard Ghost Revival The Pocketknife Bible: The Poems and Art of Anis Mojgani The Last American Valentine: Illustrated Poems to Seduce and Destroy