Start by marking “Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret UFOs” as Want to Read:
Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret UFOs

Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret UFOs (Encyclopedia Brown #26)

Everyone's favorite kid sleuth is back to solve ten new confounding cases!
Encyclopedia Brown returns, and with his uncanny knack for trivia, he helps solve mysteries for the neighborhood kids through his detective agency. But his dad is also the chief of the police department, and every night Encyclopedia Brown helps him solve his most puzzling crimes. Join Encyclopedia
Published October 1st 2010 by Puffin Books

Be the first to ask a question about Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret UFOs

Dawn Livingston
Sep 01, 2015 Dawn Livingston rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book and others are why I still read kids books. They're fun, interesting.

I used to read these Encyclopedia Brown books when I was a kid and forgot about them until recently. Still as much fun as I remember.

As an adult you can probably figure out what's going on but it's still enjoyable to read and see if you're right.

The main character, Encyclopedia Brown, reminds me of a young Sherlock Holmes. I wonder how many kids that read these stories move on to read Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock H
Mary
May 31, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mary by: william
My nephew recommended this book as the best of the EB books. I loved this series as a kid and enjoyed reading this one.
Sheri Struk
It's a good thing Encyclopedia Brown is around to solve the myriad crimes occurring in Idaville! The majority of the time, the crime can be solved in the details...either extra details given or details omitted. It's also good to know what happens in the Western hemisphere versus the Southern hemisphere and to have some knowledge of aquatic animals.
Entertaining...especially for young ones. :)
Seth
Oct 15, 2015 Seth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: by-myself
Encyclopedia and a kid in the neighborhood see Bugs Meany. The kid says Bugs Meany has photos of flying saucers. Bugs Meany is selling the photos. Encyclopedia proves that the photos are a fake! Read book to find out how.
Caleb
Feb 12, 2015 Caleb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. There's a kid named Bugs Meany who is the leader of a group of older boys named The Tigers and he tries to earn money by selling pictures of a UFO, but they aren't real.
Crissy
Mar 04, 2016 Crissy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved these books as a kid growing up. I never could solve all of them when I read the books. I am getting better, but there were a few that stumped me even now.
Nathaniel
Feb 17, 2015 Nathaniel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. One of the cases is about someone who stole some cookies. Then there's a case about a person who took pictures of a UFO, but then it's fake.
Anne Hawn Smith
Another great book of deductive reasoning for kids. I am using this in homeschool lessons on critical thinking. Encyclopedia Brown has a detective agency and for a quarter, any kid can get him to solve a crime, check out a story, or tell if a sale is really a good deal.

Most of the mysteries can be solved by middle graders. I only found one that a child would have to have some special knowledge that wasn't typical for this age group.

I enjoy using the books for deductive reasoning, but I wish ther
Alex
May 11, 2011 Alex rated it liked it
Oh man, you guys. I walked by this book in the New Section at the library and it caught my eye. I grabbed it and read the copyright date - 2010! An Encyclopedia Brown book published just last year? Of course I had to read it. My 8-year old self would have never forgiven me otherwise.

I re-read a few of these sometime last year as well as a new one I had never read that was published in 2007 or 2008. This one was just as formulaic but had slightly more plausible answers. It gave me a happy peacefu
E.M. Finn
Mar 01, 2015 E.M. Finn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Book!

I Love It! I Could read it a 100 times and never get tired! You should read it! Awesome plot and story!
Mskychick
Placeholder for reread of True Colors by Thea Harrison
Tam (Mystereity Reviews)
Encyclopedia Brown Can't say enough good things about this series. Written for kids but still a great read for adults on a nostalgia kick. ...more
Doc-mok
Feb 19, 2014 Doc-mok rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still love Encyclopedia Brown!
Jack Jackson
I downloaded the audible version for a short walk down memory lane. When I was a kid, I read these books and enjoyed the short stories, because let's face it, like a lot of kids, I didn't always have a long attention span. This made the short chapters desirable as they were quick and easy to get through, providing a nice wrap up at the end, seeing if you caught the same clues that Encyclopedia Brown did.
Annie
Aug 28, 2013 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Age range 5-8. Encyclopedia helps his friend Flash find out if he should get a picture of a UFO that is sold by the tigers. The tigers (a gang who bullies others)is selling them and claims they're real but with help from Encyclopedia YOU will find out if they are real. I loved the book because there are other mini stories in the book. I also like mystery's so its a good book for mystery lovers.
Beth Cavanaugh
Jun 10, 2015 Beth Cavanaugh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ha, I guess my kiddo has learned how to add his rating when he finishes a kindle book! I'm sure I would have liked it too ;)
Brendon Haithcock
Oct 20, 2011 Brendon Haithcock rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-by-self
This book was great like all the other encyclopedia brown books. It's like multiple puzzles.
Anna
Jan 19, 2012 Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love a good ol' Encyclopedia Brown book. I solved 7/10 of the mysteries. :P
Rainier
Aug 20, 2014 Rainier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
this is a good book. it has good myisrerys .
Matthew
May 15, 2013 Matthew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was the best one yet.

Neha
May 03, 2013 Neha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome
Benjamin
Benjamin is currently reading it
Sep 26, 2016
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Morgan Scofield
Morgan Scofield marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
K
K marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Anya
Anya marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Bradley Walgren
Bradley Walgren rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
  • The Adventures of Caterwaul the Cat: Feline Pie
  • The New Year Dragon Dilemma (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #5)
  • Blimpo: The Third Circle of Heck
  • World's Worst Wedgie (George Brown, Class Clown, #3)
  • The Ghostwriter Secret (Brixton Brothers #2)
  • Dead Guy Spy (Nathan Abercrombie, Accidental Zombie, #2)
  • Agent Q, or The Smell of Danger! (Pals in Peril #4)
  • The Vanishing Violin (The Red Blazer Girls, #2)
  • Archvillain (Archvillain, #1)
  • Eruption (Storm Runners, #3)
  • Class Trip to the Cave of Doom (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #3)
  • The Homeschool Liberation League
  • The Bloodstone Chronicles: A Journey of Faith (Journeys to Fayrah, #1-4)
  • Serial Sabotage (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #43; Sabotage Mystery Trilogy, #2)
  • One-Eyed Cat
  • Peete and Repeat (The Frannie Shoemaker Campground Mysteries #3)
  • Broken Song
  • Cole, Ninja of Earth (Ninjago Chapter Books, #3)
Donald J. Sobol was an award-winning writer best known for his children's books, especially the Encyclopedia Brown mystery series. Mr. Sobol passed away in July of 2012.
More about Donald J. Sobol...

Encyclopedia Brown (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown, #1)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret Pitch (Encyclopedia Brown, #2)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues (Encyclopedia Brown, #3)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Gets His Man (Encyclopedia Brown, #4)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Solves Them All (Encyclopedia Brown, #5)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Keeps the Peace (Encyclopedia Brown, #6)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Saves the Day
  • Encyclopedia Brown Tracks Them Down (Encyclopedia Brown, #8)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Shows the Way (Encyclopedia Brown, #9)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Takes the Case (Encyclopedia Brown, #10)