Elfquest Graphic Novel 5: Siege at Blue Mountain

Elfquest Graphic Novel 5: Siege at Blue Mountain (Elfquest)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  1,104 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The Wolfriders, a band of elves, search for others of their kind in a savage Earthlike world.
Published December 31st 1998 by Berkley Publishing Group (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Elfquest Graphic Novel 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elfquest Graphic Novel 5

Jewels
The subject of soul names and recognition is an interesting concept. I like the way that the Pinis show it both ways: when it is a mutual, loving relationship, but also when it is the worst possible thing that could happen. The joining of the tribes through these relationships and the offspring that connect them are fascinating to read about. The atrocity of using the elf's soul name against her shows the extent that Winnowill is willing to go to obtain and keep power. Another great adventure!
Rhiannon Graye
These are a series of graphic novels that I first read in my tweens and hold a special place in my childhood reading. I have since come back to them and re-read them several times, and for me, they continue to stand to the test of time. This series changed drastically in plot and voice after the eighth volume, and increasingly became more and more of the saccharine sweet fantasy fluff that I can't bear to read. The first eight volumes are literary treasures that I continue to cherish.
Fiction Fool
I have a lot of books in my library that I read before I started my goodreads account. this is one of them. When I have time I will come back and write a thorough review. But for now, I've given it a rating based upon my memory and feelings about the book.
stormhawk
Siege at Blue Mountain lacks the scope of the original quest, and takes the story in a darker direction.

I don't remember as much of this story as I did the original, so it was almost like a completely new reading experience.
Lafcadio
Feb 03, 2008 Lafcadio rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lee
Shelves: ficus, fanscifree, window
The memories are all too fresh -- too humiliating for the proud stargazer to recount. Instead, he breathes a name...
Susan
reprints/collects the first half of the 8-issue miniseries Siege at Blue Mountan.

re-read 12/15/2010
Elizabeth
Winnowill is such a bitch, in the Shannen Doherty tradition. I bet she doesn't even have a soul name.
Sophie
Winnowill is the evil seductress to end all evil seductresses. Who knew that gills were so hot?
Qilune
All of Wendy and Richard Pini's ElfQuest books are amazingly good. ALL OF THEM.
Gus
Good to read with oatmeal. Read it only with oatmeal.
Maja
Still going strong, still loving it!
Canita
Read review for Book 1
Zack360
Zack360 marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Natasha Campbell
Natasha Campbell marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Lisa Feld
Lisa Feld marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Wim
Wim marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
  • The Blood of Ten Chiefs (The Blood of Ten Chiefs, #1)
  • The Books of Magic, Volume 6: The Burning Girl
  • Strangers in Paradise, Volume 2: I Dream of You
  • High Society (Cerebus, #2)
  • Kabuki, Vol. 5: Metamorphosis
  • A Distant Soil, Vol. 1: The Gathering
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 6: Rise of the Olympian
  • Girl Genius, Vol. 2: Agatha Heterodyne and the Airship City (Girl Genius #2)
  • Wonder Woman: Eyes of the Gorgon
  • With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child (With the Light, #2)
  • JLA, Vol. 18: Crisis of Conscience
  • Pass the Loot: A FoxTrot Collection
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 2: Old Friends, New Enemies
  • The Books of Faerie
Delfin Barral is a freelance cartoonist. He is best known as the penciller to Wendy and Richard Pini's popular Elfquest series.
More about Delfin Barral...
The Secret of Two-Edge (Elfquest Graphic Novel Series, Book 6) The Complete Elfquest: Book 3: Captives of Blue Mountain (Elfquest #3) Elfquest V02 Digest S ElfQuest 2: The Forbidden Grove Journey to Sorrow's End: Vol 1 and 2