Start by marking “A Friend for Einstein, the Smallest Stallion” as Want to Read:
A Friend for Einstein, the Smallest Stallion

A Friend for Einstein, the Smallest Stallion

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  45 reviews
When he came into the world, Einstein weighed less than a cat and was no taller than a cereal box. He was a miniature minature horse. Too small to run with the herd, Einstein had to look outside his world of horses to find the perfect playmate. Featuring full-color photographs of the spirited little stallion and a series of adorable creatures, this inspiring story about fi ...more
Published April 19th 2011 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about A Friend for Einstein, the Smallest Stallion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Friend for Einstein, the Smallest Stallion

Cheryl
When Charlie Cantrell heard that a champion miniature horse gave birth to a baby, he drove over to see it. Einstein wasn't just a miniature horse--he was a mini miniature horse! He weighed less than a cat when he was born, and his hooves were the size of quarters! It was love at first sight, and Charlie bought the little horse as a gift for his wife. Too small to run and play with the regular sized horses on their property, Einstein was very lonely. This book documents in photos how Einstein sea ...more
Edward Sullivan
It's hard to believe Einstein is real, but he is. A mini-miniature horse, amazing and adorable.
Dina Tanners

This is one of the nicest children's picture books that I have read in a long time. Einstein was born in 2010, the offspring of 2 miniature horses, and he is a mini-mini. The owners took the photos for the book and wrote the story. It tells of an unusual animal who wants what all of us want--a friend. As the book is read, children can guess what kind of animal will become Einstein's friend.

I am often looking for books for my grandchildren, and this one is a winner! I thoroughly enjoyed reading i
Daniela
Age Group:
3-8 years

Genre:
Non-Fiction, Friendship, Animals, Picture Book

Summary:
A Friend for Einstein shares the adorable story of the world's smallest stallion and his quest for friendship! Too small to play with the other ponies, Einstein tries befriending a myriad of farm animals. But none are quite right for inquisitive Einstein. That is until he meets Lily, an energetic friend who is sure to keep up with the wiry pony!

My Thoughts:
I could not stop smiling while reading this book! Could Einst
Sam Willis
This is a real story about the world's smallest horse. It follows little Einstein's journey to find a friend. It has plenty of photographs of Einstein playing with different animals so it would be perfect for younger kids who love animals.
Ria
there was a colt and he was lonely so he looked for a friend. he found a friend kitten,but the kitten bit him. Then he found two ducks,they just walked away. Then he found a turtle, but he was too slow to play tag. then he found a bunny but when he tried to say hello, he got frightened and ran away. then he finally found a dog and became good friends with him.
Jocelyne
This simple story of a smaller than usual miniature horse and his search for friendship will resonate with the children. The photographs are wonderful and make the book worth picking up just to see them.
Treasure
A nonfiction picture book that follows in the footsteps of other children’s books about interspecies friendships, Einstein is not only a miniature horse, but an extra small miniature horse! His hooves are the size of quarters! He is too small to play safely with the other mini horses, and tries out other animals for friends. After failing with a cat, duck, bunny, and turtle, Einstein befriends a big dog that is just his size. The large text will appeal to early readers, and grown ups will apprec ...more
Einstein, a mini miniature pony, is super teeny tiny. Since he is so small, he has a hard time finding just the right friend. The kittens are too rough and the tortoise too boring. Finally, Einstein finds a friend in a dog and lives happily ever after.

The book begins by offering a size comparison on the inside covers. I wish that the pictures, especially in the beginning of the story, gave a bit more perspective. The picture of Einstein with the kittens really drove home how tiny this pony real
Shannon McGee
This is a story that takes place in live action photos of a time when Einstein was a foal and needed a friend his size. You see because he was so small he didn’t fit in with the other horses so he needed someone to guide him.

In this book find out all the friends that his owners tried and finally who Einstein settled on. The pictures are adorable and truth at it’s best.

I could look at this book over and over again and not get tired because it leaves you a feeling of such hope in the world. That
Emmet O'Neal Library- Children's Department
If you love horses, you’ll certainly enjoy this short nonfiction story of Einstein, the world’s smallest horse! Einstein is a fury, little black and white stallion who resides with his owners at their 105 acre sanctuary in New Hampshire. This book is filled with adorable color photos of his attempt to make friends with several of the animals there. Are you wondering how small can the smallest horse be? Which animal became his best friend by plopping a big slurppy kiss on his nose? You’ll have to ...more
Jenilyn Willis
I loved this book! It was so cute with the tiny little horse and I loved hearing his story. Kids would also love this one because of the horse and how cute he is, plus his story is actually real and I think kids would find that interesting. It's also inspiring because even though Einstein is different from all the other horses, he still finds a way to be happy and make his own way in the world and make friends as well. I love this little horse; so much in fact, that I went home after I read it a ...more
Hillvan
Aug 18, 2015 Hillvan added it
Shelves: 1-2015-summer
AD750L
Embrc
Einstein is a mini-miniature horse the smallest horse ever born! He is so small he has a little trouble making friends until he meets Lilly the dog. The story is a more about friendship than being a tiny horse but kids will be fascinated by Einstein. Full-color photos illustrate the story. Author's note explains Einstein's origins and subsequent fame.
PreK-grade 3 (young reading level but high interest). AM
Yelena
Despite my usual hearty dislike of all things cute and saccharine, I fell for this adorable fuzzy horse and his quest to find a friend. It may not be the world's best-written story, but it's also not the worst by far. Large pictures of the tiny horse and other farm animals are pretty charming (though maybe it's the sappy part of me talking) and will appeal to kids.
Jenifer Jacobs
Sweet picture book - true story! About a miniature miniature stallion. Read to Lily for school.
Einstein is the world's smallest stallion and possibly one the cutest things I've ever seen! The little story is based on photos of him frolicking with an assortment of other animals, but they're all adorable. You could share this story during a story time about horses if you were feeling really self-indulgent.
Courtney
Cute. Hard to say if it's fiction or not - the photos are staged, but it sounds true - it's Einstein, a miniature miniature horse going around his peoples' farm, trying to make a friend and investigating the other animals who live there. It's not written as though the Einstein is speaking or anything.
Kristin Sprague
This book was cute, but not all that educational. I might put this book in my library in the classroom, but I would put a note in it that students should read further and study on the types of horses maybe or extend the learning somehow to supplement the learning resulting from reading this book.
Bethe
Not sure what to make of this book - it looks like a non-fiction book with the large photographs. The text is a story of a tiny horse looking for a friend. It sounds stilted and the anthropomorphic words are out of synch with the photos. The second star is for the tiny horse himself.
Michelle
I am such a sucker for cute animals and this book definitely has it. Einstein is a mini miniature horse. He is too small to play with the other horses so he tries making friends with other animals. The photographs are just great and the story flows with a nice rhythm. Seriously cute.
Gwen Kaplan
The story is very simple, but sweet. The photos (for those of us that have never seen a miniature horse, let alone a mini-miniature horse) are captivating. The perfect read for adults having a bad day or young children that like animals (and who doesn't?).
pati
A quite silly story, but the photos are great! I would have liked this book better if the text had been less childish. I feel it patronizes children. As if they cannot understand a situation without making it cutesy.
Mary
Okay, I don't generally like books like these where a "story" is written just to go with cute pictures of some celebrity animal. But this one? This one was pretty good. And the pictures? Yes, they are CUTE.
Kathy
This is a simple sweet story about a tiny stallion looking for a playmate. A great read-aloud for K-2nd grade students. I paired it with Susan Jeffers' My Chincoteague Pony for a horse-themed storytime.
Emily
Though a cute story with excellent photographic illustration, it is difficult to get a sense of Einstein's size because many of the images show him without anything to compare him to!
Mark Adams
The photos sold me on the book. The graphic design and text layout were frustrating. A special animal deserves at least a good layout. The photographer must be just as frustrated.
Emily
Eh. Not very well written and not the greatest photographs. Just because you have a cute subject to write about doesn't mean you have to attempt to write a children's book.
Kim
The text is a little too sweet, but young horse fans will enjoy the photographs of Einstein cavorting around as he tries to find the perfect friend in this simple story.
Homewood Public Library
Looking for something to lift your spirits? Maybe you just want to see something awesomely cute? Then this book is for you. Trust us, you won't regret this read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »