Start by marking “More” as Want to Read:

3.13 of 5 stars 3.13  ·  rating details  ·  481 ratings  ·  61 reviews
Sweet and humorous Christian romance novel.

Twenty-something Kate Henry lives a simple life in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. She fills her days managing a bookstore that she loves, spending time with her best friends and their young children, and trying to convince herself that she will someday have what she’s always wanted – a family of her own. Wounded by a father who aban
Published September 28th 2010 (first published September 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz ZafónMr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan84, Charing Cross Road by Helene HanffThe Thirteenth Tale by Diane SetterfieldThe Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
Books About Bookstores
59th out of 105 books — 310 voters
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerWicked by Gregory MaguireThe Shack by Wm. Paul YoungWuthering Heights by Emily BrontëBreaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Books So Bad I Couldn't Finish...
205th out of 374 books — 561 voters

More lists with this book...

Unholy Unicorn
DNF. DNF. DNF. DNF. DNF.

Seriously.

I got distracted from the story. I mean, I get that she named her favorite pillow Mr. Darcy. That's okay. Some people named their cars, so why can't she name her pillow, right? We all have the license to be weird sometimes. I get it. There's no problem in there. But does she really have to talk to inanimate objects?

Was that supposed to make her seem quirky? Because if anything, she came out like psych patient with a serious case of Schizophrenia. And I'm serio
Rosa Folgar
I don't mean any disrespect, but I bet the author is a single woman w daddy issues. No husband? No kids...

I like the overall message, but had so many issues w how this book was written, it left ME wanting more. It's essence is boiled down to some romantic fantasy a single 13 would imagine. U can almost picture the dreamy face and unfocused eyes drooling over such a love story.

Mary Sue much? Yes the heroine gets an epiphany at the end, but throughout the story, she and the other characters are bl
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
this was a book I picked up for my kindle off Amazon's lending library. (which is awesome, by the way) I really enjoyed the book but as it went on, it began to drag for me. It was this guy, no, that guy. No, the other guy. No, back to this guy. No... Then the last romance happened literally all of a sudden. At least for her. That's how it felt to me anyway. It was just the last part of the book that I felt like, come on, already! But, it was light, easy reading and all's well that ends well, rig ...more
Larissa
I have to say first that this was a kindle freebie that I gave a shot too, because it seemed like it would be a short read. I got much more than I bargained for. It was a good story, a very well planned and well executed. I just really hated all the "your feelings are valid even if he doesnt think so" and "you deserve a man who wants you to be the thing he lives for" statements really turned my stomach. I know that the current tenor of most christianity in America is generlly that God is the che ...more
Chrystal
To be honest I was skeptical about reading Christian romance. I thought it would be very religious and wasn't sure I was up for the task, but I have been proven wrong. This book has given me a new genre to read and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this book. I actually devoured it!

I loved that the characters felt real - they were all very different and unique in their personalities, but it felt like I really knew them. The situations that Kate and her friends go through are very much what an
Ashley Robb
Alright, so a lot of people find this book ridiculous and the ending was a bit cheesy, but I LOVED it!! I had started reading this awhile back, stopped because I had gotten too busy, and then just started over recently. I related to Kate in so many ways except I'm younger and hope I don't end up 30 and still single! Haha This book may be bland for some readers, but it is a great, funny, and light read. Although it says Christian Romance, there's nothing more than a kiss here or holding hands the ...more
Teri Pre
Dear Ms. Marshall, bathroom humor is only funny to elementary or possibly middle school students. This book shows that you are NOT a comedienne! While the story line is passable, the inclusion of what you think is humorous made the reading of this book painful. And honestly, do people in their upper 20s push and "playfully punch" each other as often as they do in this book? I think not!

Valerie (Val's Vicinity)
I originally downloaded this (on my kindle) as the cover caught my eye and I thought the story sounded cute. I really wanted to connect with Kate, but sadly I was never able to feel more than apathetic about her story. Parts were okay, but I found myself a bit distracted as often the descriptions of people and places seemed a bit flat. Not bad or wrong, just....plain, I guess would describe it.

The style is straight forward and matter-of-fact so it's definitely an easy read, I finished it in only
Amanda
There were some things I liked about this one and some things I didn't. I apprciated that the auther tried to do something a bit different and have the herione go through a few different guys. Most of the love stories I've read lately introduce you to the main couple early and then string you along until they get together. (For the record, I'm not complaining, I'm a sucker for that kind of story.) But in this one, we mostly follow Kate. We know want she wants and we know what she's thinking as s ...more
I tried this book out because it was a free download for Kindle and it looked like a fun, light read. I download a lot of free books on my Kindle, because hey, why not? But I also delete a lot of them before I get past the first few chapters. This one wasn't one of those. I read the entire thing and found it to be a nice, fun and inspirational read. It certainly wasn't the best book I've read this week, but it was entertaining.

The book is an inspirational quasi-romance with a cast of fun 20-some
Amancay
wow... way to sock it to me.

most likely, due to the place I am at in life, this hit home for me more than it may for others... or maybe I'm not as "alone" as perceived.

While the storyline took a myriad of spins and circles, and really attempted to weave an intricate trail... I felt like some of the writing & development of it all was either rushed, or misplaced!? I don't know... maybe it's personal preference to styling, but I'll admit to often feeling hung up on word choices, sentence struc
Nicole Grace
I found this book for a couple bucks in the Kindle store so I gave it a shot. It's an easy read, very light and fluffy. Unfortunately, the main character started to get on my nerves a lot. And, I felt like the plot lines shifted too quickly, almost as if the author decided she didn't like the way it was headed so ... poof, off in another direction completely. People would disappear from the story as quickly as they popped in. Too many hasty exits, not a lot of closure. I don't know.
I know she w
Heather
I went into this book not expecting much. Honestly, all that kept me reading were the reviews that said the ending was a surprise. Really?!?! Did I read a different book from everyone else? Honestly, I saw Kate ending up with that guy from the moment we met him in the story.

The rest of the story was something I could relate too. I don't know many women who haven't fallen for their closest guy friend or met someone with an intense connection only to have him realize he's not that into you. The e
Melissa Veracruz
This is a Christian romance, the first in this genre I've ever read. I must say I'm disappointed. Like other readers, the plot dragged for me. I kept waiting for her to get with one of the, what, ten guys from the book. I'm not even talking "get with", just get a boyfriend and keep a boyfriend.

Then, all you get of the actual romance happens in the last 1,000 words or so. Like the author couldn't be bothered to write an actual book about falling in love with the right guy. She puts her poor hero
Heather
A cute romance even though I figured it who she would end up with as soon as he was introduced. Still I liked all of the characters even when I thought they were acting stupid.
Aubree
Free on kindle so I gave it a try. It was a cute, light read for those times you just want to be entertained.
Elizabeth
I could relate to the main character, but found her attitude annoying
Christine
This would be an excellent novel for young women to read as they gain self-esteem in dating, as the story shows the types of problems many of us face: funding a long term partner who values us and is suited for us, and how hard it is to move on when you know the person you are in loe with isn't someone with whom you can build a life.

The conservative Christian viewpoint may dissuade some, but it's an excellent novel as she is able to concentrate on real feelings and relationships over the romanti
Val
I was unsure how I would like this book but decided to take a chance on it and I'm glad I did. It took me having this book stored on my Kindle several weeks before I was in the right mood for it, but once I was I plowed through it in a matter of hours.

Overall this story gave me several reminders I needed: 1) There's always a chance for love... It's out there somewhere. 2) While I might not understand my life, God has a plan for me, I just have to keep the faith.

This book is not for everyone but
Candie
a bundle of cliches wrapped in desperation.
Allie
This book was, well, ok.
At first I thought I would love it,but the more I read the less I liked it. I did like Kate's personality, EXCEPT the fact that she viewed nearly every single man as a potential partner. Also didn't care for all the "kissing on the first date" kind of stuff. Also some other standards I did't agree with,and some un-nice language here and there. I got this book free on Amazon Kindle. I'm just glad I didn't spend any money on it.
Mary
Aug 09, 2012 Mary rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: e-book, own
Debbie
Okay, as a Christian I am always looking forward to read Christian chick-lit. I am always expecting the fun, excitement and the Christian factor. But I didn't find it in this book. I mean, she goes to church, but that's it? Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, what makes you a Christian is living it 24/7. It was a fun book, but I wouldn't call it Christian lit.
Lorena
I don't read a lot of Christian romances but More was a cute and quick read. Most of the dialouge was witty.

I LOVED Darren... I do feel like Jacob was a bit out of left field.

The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because.. I didn't really like the odd flash backs that seemed to crop out of nowhere. It felt like a lazy way to work in background details.
Kim
Did not like this book at all. Kate, the lead character, was absolutely desperate for a husband. It was really sickening to read her falling for guy after guy. And even though she was around 30, she talked and acted like a teen. (Calling one of her boyfriends a "Goober", this constant I love him does he love me?) Glad it was free, not worth it otherwise.
Samantha
I really just couldn't get into this book, it wasn't bad--it just wasn't great. It picked up slowly and felt like it was never really going anywhere fast. It also jumped into the romance aspect a bit fast and plateaued (at least for me), I wasn't invested in any of these characters to keep me wanting to know what happened next.
Angie
Jan 04, 2012 Angie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Angie by: anzal6@aol.com
Poor Kate just could not catch a break she waisted so much time on losers who just couldnt see her potential. She had great friends and a wonderful support system and a great guy under her nose.
This book was a great read and I loved the dialog its was smooth, casual and funny..
Melissa
I feel awful giving a review for something I didn't finish reading...I just couldn't even get through the first two chapters. I really tried to like it but I just couldn't do it.

It is downloaded to my kindle, and will come back and re-rate if/when I can get through the book.

Jennifer Harrison
The overall story was entertaining, however there were so many "he said" and "she said's" that it quickly distracted from the action. Transitions felt awkward, as though many times the author had just hit the Fast Forward Button and skipped ahead in the story.
Melanie
I got this from a free kindle list and I'm glad it was free. It was okay, but never have I seen a more complicated love life. Every man she meets is a potential suitor and she claims not to trust people but she sure tells them all a lot of personal info.
  • Sleeping In The Middle (Comfort Club)
  • Bet On Love
  • Rally 'Round Green (Green #4)
  • When Girlfriends Break Hearts
  • The Last Page
  • The Merry-Go-Round
  • From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1)
  • This Time Forever (Glebe Point, #1)
  • The Narrow Path
  • Delivered with Love
  • When the Heart Falls
  • Leaving the Comfort Cafe
  • The River Between (Serenade Saga, #17)
  • Special Delivery (Hollywood Hills, #1)
  • Unbreak My Heart
  • Suburban Task Force
  • Love Regifted
  • A Gathering of Storms (The Ballad of Mary and Cyrus, #1)