Start by marking “Mate Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mate Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #2)

Mate Hunger (Ra's Chosen #2)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  374 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Book two in the Ra’s Chosen series.Set is a warrior chosen by the sun god Ra to protect mortals from the undead who hunt them. That is what he knows. Unfortunately, having watched his leader, a fellow warrior, succumb to a destined mate, Set also knows he will someday suffer the same fate. Set doesn’t need nor want a mate. He’s just fine on his own, thank you very much. Bu ...more
Published (first published June 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Mate Hunger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mate Hunger

Red Haircrow
I greatly enjoyed Marisa Chenery obvious knowledge of ancient Egypt and as a history lover, those are the passages which were my favorite. In general I found the writing concise with reasonable pace and plot, though I found the dialogues sometimes stilted, especially the interaction between to the two main characters.

Other than that, the only problem I did have was the fact the female character was written not once, but twice as kneeing the warrior in the groin. As a trained warrior, and suppos
Ebook Addict Reviews
Although I had not read the first book in Marisa Chenery’s “Ra’s Chosen” series, it was not difficult to understand the unique words and phrases used to describe certain activities by the warriors because explanations were smoothly inserted. Easing into the tale was simple and I had high hopes after reading the first dozen or so pages.

I love fantasy and the story of the Chosen of Ra protecting mortals from the undead was an exciting premise, and the details and explanations of how they came into
Book Review Diva
Marisa Chenery "Mate Hunger"

Marisa Chenery's “Mate Hunger” sizzles with passion and electrifying sex! Your blood will be fire once you read this book. You will be wishing that you had your own warrior to worship and lust over as Desiree does.

I enjoyed reading this book, but wished that it did not end so soon. I love how Marisa tells the love story between Desiree and Set. If you are a sucker for romances like I am, I guarantee you will enjoy this book. The ending to this book will have you wan
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
He knows she’s his destined mate, chosen by the sun god Ra himself. She thinks he’s a lunatic. Can Set convince her how much he needs her?

How many blows to the groin can a man endure before giving up the chase? Unfortunately for Set, it’s not just a matter of wanting what he can’t have; he actually needs Desiree’s blood to live. But that’s something she’s not willing to give. Not without a fight, anyhow. Despite her attraction, Desire refuses to believe all this "chosen warrior" and "undead" no
Rebecca Graf
This is the second book in the Ra's Chosen series. In this one, the chosen warriors know that they are destined for a mate in their eternal life and finding her could become a rather trying and painful experience especially since they have to seal the connection before their bodies destroy themselves and tell these unsuspecting women what they really are. Not exactly an easy time for the men.

In this book, Set knows its coming and decides to be prepared. As it did the first warrior, he finds it r
oshawnteexo
I did not like this book.

The heroine was soo annoying here I thought she was going to be awesome but no. They whole book was around her trying to run away. I mean she had all the fact about the hero and she still wouldn't listen. She finally decided to like the hero but of course she had to almost die. Ugh I literally rolled my eyes reading this book. I ended up returning it for a refund because I didn't want to own a book I did not like.
Eya
No. N-O. N to the O. Short and simple - NO. This me-tarzan, you-jane piece of nonsense was annoying beyond belief. Mindless, poorly written, annoying drivel not even suitable for burning because, let's face the truth here, only real books get burned. Waste your time elsewhere, this isn't worth it.
Sofia Câmara
Well, this one I felt that Desiree, didn't bond with any warrior, and even with Blythe.
It was like, Okay ,Set needs a mate and she will not bond with the others, and let's just get it over with, shall we?
I mean... I was so excited about this story, but then My expectations about this book were high, and they were crushed.
Like a dear friend of mine says It's better to not have expectations, than to have them, them they will be destroyd.
So I know i'm beaing a little bit dramatic, but she was, and
Vanessa
Ahh.
I love the author and I've been reading a few of her books lately and I haven't been disappointed until now. Not that it wasn't good, but It just didn't draw me in like her other books. The whole way through Desiree was just trying to escape, having minimal concern for Set. I just didn't feel the love between them, wasn't feeling this one. Regardless of my dislike of this book I will pick up the third one anyhow. Not quite ready to call the series quits.
Mei
A lot of unnecessary repetition in this one. The books should be independent of each other so I understand the author's reason for including parts from Book 1 however, repeating that the warriors are six and a half feet over and over is redundant.
Tasha
I will tell you that the stories after the first one are not as long as the first one but still so enjoyable that you won't want to put it down now on to the next story in the line
=^☺^=mskitty
Just about the same story as the first novel, just shorter. These really should be classified as novellas, and priced about 99 cents. Still a good read,just short.
Juliana Chen
Altough he is a God's warrior.. Still lose the battle to his destined mate..

Love or mate hunger conquer everything?

The answer is the same at the end.
Danielle
I was disappointed that this was such a short book. However I enjoyed it.
Evangeline Southworth
I really loved this book. It was hot and made you want more.
Charlene Bauer
I loved it. Cant wait to read the rest.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Karmen
Karmen added it
May 20, 2015
Charaxes Wakefield
Charaxes Wakefield marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Sumit
Sumit marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Catherine Paz
Catherine Paz marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
  • At One's Pleasure
  • Fated for Forever (Kindred of Arkadia #3)
  • Meeka's Reluctant Mates (Beckett's Wolf Pack, Triad Mates #5)
  • Tooth and Claw
  • Ours (The Bears, #2)
  • Fire of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #1)
  • In Plain Sight (Cougar Falls, #2)
  • Vulfen Warrior's Prize (Vulfen Cadre, #2)
  • Claiming Kristen (Sea Island Wolves, #3)
  • Changed (The Wolf's Den #2)
  • The Alpha Promise
Marisa Chenery was always a lover of books, but after reading her first historical romance novel she found herself hooked. Having inherited a love for the written word, she soon started writing her own novels.

After trying her hand at writing historicals, she now writes paranormals.

Marisa lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and four children. She would love to hear from you, so drop her an em
More about Marisa Chenery...

Ra's Chosen (7 books)
  • Soul Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #1)
  • Longed-For Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #3)
  • Embrace the Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #4)
  • Reincarnated Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #5)
  • Foreseen Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #6)
  • Ra's Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #7)
Beowulf and Roxie (Wulf's Den, #1) Roan's Fall (Roxie's Protectors, #1) Taryn's Wolf (Wulf's Den, #2) Soul Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #1) Mated to a Wolf (Wulf's Den, #4)