Start by marking “Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime: A Book of Zombie Love Songs” as Want to Read:
Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime: A Book of Zombie Love Songs

Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime: A Book of Zombie Love Songs

3.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  82 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Zombies have feelings, too. . .

Sure, losing a limb doesn’t faze them in the slightest,but a zombie’s rotting heart can still break justlike anybody else’s. Yes, it’s true: Zombies need loving!And this soul-stirring collection of more than two dozen classiclove songs is just the ticket for zombie romantics everywhere.
Published November 30th 2010 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published November 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Zombie Eats Somebody Sometime

May
Oct 29, 2012 May rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour, read-2012, zombies
To get 4 or more stars, a CD of the zombie love songs should have accompanied this book. As a result, I had to give it only 3 as I quietly hummed the song's zombified lyrics to myself. Thankfully, office mate was too distracted to notice.
Gretchen Alice
You think that people would have had enough of zombie love songs...but I look around me and I see it isn't so. Some people want to fill the world with zombie love songs. What's wrong with that? I want to know...so here I go...again!
(I DARE YOU to not have that song stuck in your head for the rest of the day.)
The concept is pretty straightforward. Take a bunch of well-known pop songs and zombie-ify the lyrics. The result is amusing, if a little predictable.
Some songs are less of a stretch than
Christina
Jun 01, 2011 Christina rated it really liked it
I bought this short little paperback as a gift for my guy. It is a fun and funny read that is sure to result in some twisted and silly serenades. Worth the $9 for anybody that finds zombies delightful. The illustrations of zombie artists like Sonny and Cher are also pretty fun.
Monica
Jan 09, 2014 Monica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This is a reworded collection of "love" songs with a zombie slant.

The word choices are clever, follow the original song's tempo rather well, and rather inventive. Humor is interlaced throughout the book as well.

Overall, a fun read.
Mandy Rae Coudriet
Every Zombie Eats Somebody. Sometimes is a book of clasic love songs turned undead. The book is amusing in its own way with comical drawing of zombies in love. All in all it was hood for a laugh.
Bandit
Mar 16, 2012 Bandit rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable tiny book with some really cute, albeit profoundly disturbed versions of popular song lyrics and pictures. Sing them to your loved one :)
Jessica
May 26, 2011 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: music, humor
The real challenge in reading this book is not singing the songs aloud. (You can't resist. Beware of reading this book in a public place.)
Diane
Very funny- if only it came with audio too!
Relena_reads
I wanted to like this, and the illustrations are amazing, but the songs are just too disturbing (not creepy or scary, but disturbing). I put it on the shelf for the kids at school.
Becky Everhart
This book was an astonishing quick read, although I suppose one could get extra enjoyment out of the slim volume by pulling up karaoke versions of each song on YouTube to see how the altered versions would sound. The words could have been better, less repetitive, or further from the original at times, but it was still a fun read. I liked the illustrations quite a bit, especially since the likenesses were clever and spot-on. This is a nice book to use to get yourself ready for Halloween or a Zomb ...more
Michelle
Mar 26, 2015 Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, zombie, humor, holiday
Good book for Valentine's Day. Highly suggest finding the songs on Youtube and singing along. Makes you really appreciate the zombie songs.
Best lines for that zombie lover of yours:
-"Your brain is my make-up I wear since I tried to eat you."
-"..your skin's tenderest while it peels off in my fingertips."
-"And when I eat brains I feels so happy inside."
-"Eat your eyes, your eyes, your eyes, They are no longer there."

Great parody song book.
frogfairie
Perhaps the fact that I didn't know all the tunes of the book taints my rating. It may also be that I feel a bit like "been there, done that" since I already read 'It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Zombies" and found that entertaining. Either way, I was a bit bored with this but got a couple of chuckles & it's a quick read so not much time wasted.
Stefani
Mar 18, 2013 Stefani rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-teen, read-adult
A book of zombie love songs, written to the tune of classic songs. Great if you know the tunes; mediocre if you don't. Still, a fun quick read, with funny and disturbing illustrations.
Katie
silly love songs set to the theme of Zombies. A good fun read that was quite original.
Henrik Rostoft
Nov 12, 2011 Henrik Rostoft rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: With a love of Zombies
Some of the text were quite funny and fitted the original lyrics quite well
Denise Talamantez
Zombie versions of love songs, huh?? who knew? Great illustrations though.
Carol
Oct 11, 2011 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun way to gear up for Halloween. I did sing every last one of them out loud!
Christine
Jan 06, 2011 Christine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-freebie
Would be something to use around Halloween, doing karaoke.
L.S. Murphy
Mar 27, 2011 L.S. Murphy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great illustrations!
Bufo Calvin
Bufo Calvin marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Robin Burkhardt
Robin Burkhardt rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Phoebe
Phoebe added it
Jan 11, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 23, 2015
Nessa
Nessa marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2015
Ben
Ben rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Michele Lee
Michele Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Joshua
Joshua added it
Aug 27, 2015
Lala Lopez Velasco
Lala Lopez Velasco rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Molly Neely
Molly Neely rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Michael P. Spradlin is the author of more than a dozen books for children.
More about Michael P. Spradlin...