Start by marking “Dogs and the Women Who Love Them: Extraordinary True Stories of Loyalty, Healing, and Inspiration” as Want to Read:

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When the nurturing nature of women meets the loyalty and unguarded affection of dogs, remarkable connections ensue. This book showcases stories about these connections that result in courageous and compassionate acts of love and healing - for the dogs, the women, and all the people whose lives they touch. Readers will laugh, smile, and be moved by shelter dogs, police cani...more
Published June 29th 2010 by New World Library

To ask other readers questions about Dogs and the Women Who Love Them, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dogs and the Women Who Love Them

Barbara
Have you ever wondered if you love your dog too much? Well, if you are a woman who loves spending every spare moment with your dog and appreciate and treasure the love and bond you have with your dog, this book is a must read. You will laugh and cry, just as I did, at each of these stories. Not only will you feel connected with these women, but you will fall in love with their dogs as well. You will walk away with a profound understanding that dogs truly are spiritual teachers and our best frien...more
Deborah Darsie
A varied collection of essays by women who had some incredible relationships with their dogs.
The first section touched me more than the other two sections - but I really enjoyed the majority of the book.

Thought-provoking connections between human and animal.
Working dogs, pets, doggie therapists - with some deeply personal stories shared with us.

Lori Dinardi
Being someone who is a woman and a dog lover myself, I love these stories. Don't forget to read the sweet, uplifting story by Lori Durante Rardin called "A Familiar Friend Turns Ordinary into Extraordinary." That one was written by me under my other name. :-) Enjoy.
Debbie Heaton
This collection of stories stem from a diverse range of women and dogs and the experiences that empowered their lives. They are uplifting and inspirational.
Really good stories about how women met and lived and loved their dogs. Just a great read!! (If you are a woman who adores her pup!!)
Cindy
Wonderful and inspiring stories.
Marcela
Great book. You have to read this book, dog lovers, for it is a compilation of stories about, what else?, women that love, love, love, their dogs. Some of the stories will move you and even make you cry, while others will have you laughing hard. Another thing I liked was that at the end of every story the writer would ask a question or mention something to entice you and encourage you to think about your own life.
Spider
I thought some of these stories ran on a bit, and that several of the writers gave many elements that were personally significant, but didn't really seem to relate how dogs helped or inspired them.
I am glad to have read this book just the same, and grateful to the women who took the time to share their stories, and to the Anderson's for making these stories available.
Amy
Sep 01, 2010 Amy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals, nonfict
This book looks great. But I probably won't ever read it because it looks like I would cry.
Serena Soboleski
Serena Soboleski marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Robyn Peterson
Robyn Peterson marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Jenny Smith
Jenny Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Crista
Crista added it
Aug 08, 2014
Pooja
Pooja marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Gail Dorothy
Gail Dorothy marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Katelyn Carter
Katelyn Carter marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Josien Van der werff
Josien Van der werff marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Katharine
Katharine marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Angel Animals Books: OPRAH.COM PICK NOW AN AUDIO BOOK! 1 1 Jul 09, 2013 06:42PM
book club 2 4 Apr 25, 2013 09:13PM
20549
Allen and Linda Anderson are pet-experts, keynote speakers, best-selling authors, and founders of the Angel Animals Network. They help people discover and benefit from the miraculous powers of animals. Dedicated to promoting human-animal companionship, Allen and Linda donate a portion of proceeds from their work to animal rescue organizationis and do fundraising activities.

The Andersons believe th

More about Allen Anderson...
Angel Dogs: Divine Messengers of Love Angel Cats: Divine Messengers of Comfort Angel Horses: Divine Messengers of Hope Rescued: Saving Animals from Disaster Angel Animals: Divine Messengers of Miracles