Start by marking “A Christmas Jar for Santa - A Christmas Jars Story” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Jar for Santa - A Christmas Jars Story

A Christmas Jar for Santa - A Christmas Jars Story

“...one by one, family members will empty their pockets and delight at the cling-clang of change hitting the empty glass bottom. Most days will yield a quarter, a dime, perhaps two nickels and a stray penny. Occasionally Mother will make change for herself by drop- ping in a worn dollar bill and pulling out an appropriate combination of cool silver coins. Over the months ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published November 27th 2010 by Christmas Jars Creations (first published November 18th 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Jar for Santa - A Christmas Jars Story

Janette Fuller
Dec 19, 2011 Janette Fuller rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This short story begins with some background information about a man who would become a popular and beloved Santa Claus. He served in the Korean War and came home to marry Pauline. They wanted to have children of their own, but that wasn't to be. After working in a factory for many years, he retired and began his new job as a Christmas Santa Claus.

It started when Jake Carnahan, the church Santa took ill. The demand for his services grew over the years. He and Pauline loved the children. They wen
Angie
Oct 19, 2015 Angie rated it really liked it
Synopsis: "Christmas Jars, a New York Times Bestselling novella by Jason Wright, first became a phenomenon during the 2005 holiday season. Readers across America reacted to the message of daily giving and sacrifice by creating their own Christmas Jars.

Today, thousands of glass jars rest on kitchen countertops, slowly collecting the spare change generated each and every day. On Christmas Eve, each jar, now overflowing with both money and goodwill, will anonymously find a new home. In turn, the gr
GoldenjoyBazyll
Dec 09, 2011 GoldenjoyBazyll rated it really liked it
Shelves: holidays
Two years ago- as a holiday gift- I offered many of my friends and family a book called the Christmas Jar with a cute little Jar for them to start their own. I never knew how big the Christmas Jar thing was! Last year one friend told me they saved all of their change and bought toys for Toys For Tots! For me it was really satisfying to see that a book I shared with someone really inspired them.

This year I came across this story and was really moved by it. Santa's Jar has a different twist and it
Terry Crawford Palardy
Dec 20, 2011 Terry Crawford Palardy rated it it was amazing
I love Christmas stories, and this one is particularly seasonable. Behind every strong man there is a stronger woman, and that old saw really fits the story here. It's a sweet story of partnership, commitment, and enduring love shared with many. I recommend this one to everyone who loves the spirit of Christmas, the giving of what can be given, and the down home stories of the past that can be continued in our present and future. One need not have read the other Christmas Jar stories to ...more
Sharon
Oct 16, 2012 Sharon rated it liked it
Giving to others and getting back more than you give is the message for me in this sweet short story. After playing Santa for more than twenty years and struggling with the loss of his beloved wife and helpmate, an elderly man finds his own Christmas jar filled with coins with the name and ages of children who had shared their Christmas wishes with him. Sweet, touching story to read each year at Christmas.
Karen
Apr 29, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although this a short story more than a book, I wanted to let people know about it. It is a heart warming story of an elderly man and the joy brought to others as he portrays Santa during the Christmas season and how when he was about ready to give it up those he had helped along the way showed him just how much he was worth. It is a well written and uplifting story, just right for this time of year.
kelley
This short story is a companion of the previous two novella's "Christmas Jars" and "Christmas Jars Reunion". Both books are amazing Christmas stories and have been the springboard for a wonderful adoption of a charitable Christmas tradition. In this tale Santa himself receives a Christmas Jar. Another endearing Christmas story by author Jason F. Wright.
Stasha
Dec 25, 2011 Stasha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holiday-books
I haven't read as many Christmas books this year as usual. Although I did download a bunch of free books. I liked Christmas jars so took the opportunity to download this short and it was a wonderful lifting book. Sometimes memories are better than money.
Paula
Dec 17, 2011 Paula rated it liked it
Another Christmas short story about a man who plays Santa for many years. He and his wife Pauline are unable to have children of their own and when a santa helper at church gets sick, Pauline's husband fills in.
Judy King
Dec 19, 2012 Judy King rated it really liked it
Sweet story with a plot line and character development that could have held up for a much longer book. Nice story of how a childless couple gave to the community doing acts of kindness as Mr and Mrs. Claus...and how one of their former recipients kept Santa going after his wife's death.
Lori Henrich
Dec 01, 2014 Lori Henrich rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read the original story yet, but this was a sweet Christmas story that reminds you of the heart of Christmas!

The art of giving is not so easy sometimes, remembering why we give of ourselves to make others happy is an important thing.
Cathy
Santa, in the form of an elderly man who has been playing Santa for years, gets his own Christmas jar. His jar is already filled with "coins" when he finds it on his table.
Heartwarming story about the impact a person can have on the lives of others.
Amy
Jan 05, 2015 Amy rated it liked it
A short but sweet story from the author of the Bell Jar Series. The author packed all the warm fuzzy feelings of the season into his short piece that I had to go back and read The Christmas Jar.
Brenda Martin
Dec 18, 2011 Brenda Martin rated it really liked it
I like the concept behind these stories. We can all be part of a larger miracle a little bit at a time.
Heidi
Dec 11, 2011 Heidi rated it really liked it
Shelves: stories
This was a nice story to start off my season. It made me cry and want to be better. I really enjoy the idea of Christmas jars and the ability to give all year in essence.
Tanya
Dec 28, 2011 Tanya rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
I would have liked this better if it had been longer. I was disappointed that it was a short story.
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
Dec 07, 2012 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•* rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Short heartwarming story. Perfect for Christmas season.
Kat
Kat rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2012
Terri Falcon-Thrun
Terri Falcon-Thrun rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
Wendy
Jan 02, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
Very short, but a great story.
Nena Stillwell
Nena Stillwell rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2011
Alison
Alison rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2014
Jolene Peterson
Jolene Peterson rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2014
Kay Schuch
Kay Schuch rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2015
Cathy
Cathy rated it it was ok
May 23, 2013
Deb
Deb rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2011
Meg121475
Meg121475 rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Tiffany Whipple
Tiffany Whipple rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2011
Dreena
Dreena rated it it was ok
May 25, 2014
  • O Little Town
  • Mary's Son
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • White as Snow: A Christmas Story
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • Home for Christmas (The Perfect Gift)
  • The Santa Shop
  • A Regency Holiday
  • The Christmas Dog
  • Remembering Christmas
  • Twas the Night
  • One Imperfect Christmas
  • Holiday Rush
  • Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1)
  • A Vision of Sugarplums
  • Angel Be Good
  • Daniel and the Angel (Christmas in the City, #1)
  • A Superstitious Christmas (Grandberry Falls, #0.5)
Jason Wright is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author.

Jason is a weekly columnist for the Deseret News and Northern Virginia Daily and articles by Jason have appeared in over 50 newspapers and magazines across the United States including The Washington Times, The Chicago Tribune, and Forbes. He is the author of The James Miracle (2004); Christmas Jars (2005); The W
More about Jason F. Wright...