Start by marking “Sea of Dreams” as Want to Read:
Sea of Dreams

Sea of Dreams (Sea of Dreams #1)

In a single night everyone has vanished. Only Sophie remains; she goes to sleep one night and wakes to find that a sea of dreams has washed over the world. Technology has ground to a halt. Towns have disappeared. 'New' animals, unicorns, gryphons, and giant beasts for which Sophie has no name, have appeared. Sophie will struggle to find others and save the world.
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 20th 2010 by Bevill, C.L. (first published September 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sea of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea of Dreams

Darlene
Jul 26, 2015 Darlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sci-fi/fantasy fans
Recommended to Darlene by: OHFB I think
Well, that was fun! Though, I suppose the subject matter: dystopia, life after almost all human life has disappeared from the planet wouldn't be considered 'fun' in anyone's book. Unless you are a sci-fi/fantasy buff, that is. And fantasy does play a big part in what happens next.

Still, the author explores the extent of emotions a person might have being the one left behind. Alone, the main character, Sophie, a 17-year-old, tries to find her father or anyone. She goes through an awful time but h
Elizabeth
Jun 19, 2017 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book but a little disappointed with the ending. Maybe things will unfold for Sophie and Zack in book two. I really want to see them together.
Jacqui
Feb 07, 2017 Jacqui rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book

I love the writing of C.L. Bevill. I first came across her writing in the moon books. I can't recall the exact titles as my dyspraxic brain has a crap memory, anyway point is I love her books. I even read the bubba ones and though I wasn't quite as enchanted with them as the moon books they were still really well written and funny.

Sea of dreams is another great read. I ain't gauni give a synopsis, it's an end of the world book, that's all you need. Ms Bevill weaves a great tale
Denise
Apr 26, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
This was very different from the other books I have read by this author. It was an interesting concept to have most of the people in the world, or at least in this part of it, disappear overnight. There were no messy bodies to contend with, but there were a few accidents when drivers and pilots vanished. It seems that when the people disappeared, some strange and exotic animals appeared. The few peple that are left must learn to live in a world where no electronics work, there is no electricity, ...more
Adrienne
Aug 26, 2012 Adrienne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book, and I even wound up dreaming about it, no I had a nightmare about it. The premise is very interesting, and I don't think the author needed to explain why AFTER happened, although it might have been nice. This book would also be great for a teen, as there isn't anything that I teen couldn't read, and I think a teen would really enjoy it.

I would love to see this book turned into a movie, as just as in Dune, there were some things that I couldn't picture in my head. I thi
Jill Nolan
Dec 28, 2015 Jill Nolan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! The world the author built is fascinating and really fun to read and think about. It's dystopian, but definitely the coolest dystopian setting you could possibly have. I mean, the main character, Sophie, has pixie friends! Not going to lie, I was extremely jealous reading about that.
Sophie did get on my nerves once or twice, what with some of her stupid decisions (at least they were stupid to me; others might not agree). I also wished the author had gone into more of the new a
I have to say that I loved the idea of the book/plot, but I could not get into it until about 50% through. One thing I liked was recognizing all of the locations in the book having lived in California and then Oregon myself. After halfway through, I could barely put down. Without spoiling the ending, all I can say is that I was VERY disappointed. The romantic in me wanted SO much more. That is not how I'd have ended it at all, and because of that will likely not spend time reading the rest of th ...more
Sooz
Mar 22, 2013 Sooz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun post apocalyptic book. Quick read. I am not sure if the author was planning on writing a sequel of this world, but if she (totally assuming this is a lady by the writing) wasn't, the end is sort of half assed.

I don't remember ever reading a book that will be so dated though. Like the references used and slang terms will make this book one of those hilarious that was your life stories in 20 years.

Also, this was the first ebook only story I've read and the editing was questionable
Cassie
Aug 24, 2014 Cassie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was another book that I immediately wanted to turn around and read over again. I loved the world that this book takes place in. I'm not usually one for romance in books, I like action and adventure, but the romance in this book wasn't overwhelming or boring. It meshed well with the rest of the story. I would read this again, and recommend it to others.
Melody
Feb 23, 2014 Melody rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately I started reading this book about 1030 at night and finally put out the light about 3 hrs later. Very compelling story. How would you react if you woke up and everyone was gone? This is the story of what one young woman did and how she reacted to the things and eventually people around her. I hope the next in the series is as good.
Susan
Jul 17, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! A little creepy in one aspect, a little out there overall, but the concept was unique and interesting. Main character's attitude was frustrating, but it was needed to show the eventual contrast. I will be reading the sequel. I can read it anytime, because this book came to a nice conclusion. Love that, for sure!
Lexie Huber
Oct 09, 2013 Lexie Huber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, fantasy
I had a hard time deciding between a 3 and 4 star rating. The story is interesting and makes me want to read the next book, but there are several typos which kind of makes me crazy. I do love this author though so I went with the 4.
Louise Bowling
Jul 25, 2016 Louise Bowling rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This book is AMAZING I am soooooo chuffed I found it. If you like Ilona Andrews/ Kim Harrison books you will really like this. The book is just brilliant very unique and very well written. Loved it x
Nina
May 05, 2013 Nina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really like this author and have been reading her books for awhile. This wasa fun book with a serious subject matter. Wish I could have finished sooner but work always gets in the way of my reading.
Cyndi Clark
Feb 20, 2016 Cyndi Clark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful book from a talented writer. Bevill has been my favorite author for some time now. I didn't give this book five stars as it moved a little slower than others, but still a fantastic read.
Jaye E. Frazier
Nov 15, 2016 Jaye E. Frazier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New discoveries

I chose this rating because it is an attention grabbing, fast moving book.
It deals with self exploration, problem solving, self reliance, trust and growth.
I recommend this book for everyone.
T.D.
Feb 22, 2012 T.D. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another end of the world/last survivors scenario (I don't know how I keep stumbling into this topic lately), but with a much more hopeful tone than some. It was interesting and entertaining and made me hope for a follow-up novel.
Cyndi Fowles
Jul 30, 2015 Cyndi Fowles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sea of Dreams

Could not put this book down...must read the next!
Great plot, well developing characters, not many typos.
Have read several of this author's other stories and enjoyed them.
Cathy
Aug 22, 2013 Cathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Loved this book about the aftermath of an apocalypse. Teenager wanders, meets others, as well as all the new things in the world.
Very well-done. Looking forward to the sequel.
Jolie
Apr 17, 2012 Jolie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this author. Even if it wasn't cheap, I'd still read her books. This is the fifth book I've read by this author and if I can, I will pick up more of her work to enjoy.
Gail
Oct 29, 2016 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting

The book has a new twist on the end of the world scenario. It becomes a different world with a crossover to myths. Great characters and lots of action.
Ann Salmon
I really really enjoyed this book my imagination went wild and I can't wait to read book number two, thank you so much for writing it , wow what an imagination you must have .:-)))
Cheryl
May 15, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c-l-bevill
It was better then I thought considering i am so hooked on the Moon Series ... Ty for recommending it to me C.L. Bevill
Rharrison
May 02, 2014 Rharrison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great vacation reading if you like science fiction fantasy genre. I liked the characters very much.
Dani
Dec 20, 2016 Dani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Great story very original really enjoyed hardly could put it down. Looking forward to second in the series! Fully recommend this series!
Melissa Declet
Nov 09, 2014 Melissa Declet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had me glued to my Nook. I couldn't stop reading it and it's unlike any other kind of book I've ever read. I downloaded the second book as soon as possible!
Gay
Oct 06, 2015 Gay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has an interesting take on life after people. Well, most people. There was plenty of intrigue as well. A very different kind of story. I can't wait until the next one.
Debbie
Aug 07, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is not the type of book I would usually read but gave it a try because C.L. Bevill is one of my favorite authors. I was surprised. I loved this book. It was a little weird but a good read.
Janet
Jul 27, 2015 Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very good look forward to reading more
Nov 15, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: post-apocalyptic
Wow! I stumbled across this book by accident and boy was I pleased that I did. A fascinating post-apocalyptic premise that is quite unique and very engaging.
  • The Red Order (Order of the Seers, #2)
  • Third Life: Taken (Life First #3)
  • Emergent (The Shapeshifter Chronicles, #3)
  • Secrets (Forever, #8)
  • The Blight (Eden's Root Trilogy, #0.5)
  • The Three Motives for Murder
  • For the Birds (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. #3)
  • The Unfading Lands (Unfading Lands, #1)
  • Childplay (Atopia Chronicles, #2)
  • Watching Her Every Move (Wolf’s Seduction, #1)
  • Noir, City Shrouded By Darkness (Shades of Gray #1)
  • Bad Moon Rising (Blackthorn Wolves, #3)
  • Hide and Seek (Hide and Seek Mystery Series, #1)
  • Her Mother's Killer
  • A Murderous Game
  • Roll The Dice (Vegas, #2)
C.L. Bevill has been in the U.S. Army, cleaned floors, a graphic illustrator, a therapist, and a stay at home mother. She lives in the Alabama area with her husband and daughter and keeps plugging away at the next great American novel.
More about C.L. Bevill...

Sea of Dreams (2 books)
  • Mountains of Dreams (Sea of Dreams, #2)