Start by marking “Sea of Dreams” as Want to Read:
Sea of Dreams

Sea of Dreams (Sea of Dreams #1)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  21 reviews
In a single night everyone has vanished. Only Sophie remains; she goes to sleep one night and wakes to find that a sea of dreams has washed over the world. Technology has ground to a halt. Towns have disappeared. 'New' animals, unicorns, gryphons, and giant beasts for which Sophie has no name, have appeared. Sophie will struggle to find others and save the world.
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 20th 2010 by Bevill, C.L. (first published September 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sea of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea of Dreams

I have to say that I loved the idea of the book/plot, but I could not get into it until about 50% through. One thing I liked was recognizing all of the locations in the book having lived in California and then Oregon myself. After halfway through, I could barely put down. Without spoiling the ending, all I can say is that I was VERY disappointed. The romantic in me wanted SO much more. That is not how I'd have ended it at all, and because of that will likely not spend time reading the rest of th ...more
Melody
Unfortunately I started reading this book about 1030 at night and finally put out the light about 3 hrs later. Very compelling story. How would you react if you woke up and everyone was gone? This is the story of what one young woman did and how she reacted to the things and eventually people around her. I hope the next in the series is as good.
Adrienne
I really loved this book, and I even wound up dreaming about it, no I had a nightmare about it. The premise is very interesting, and I don't think the author needed to explain why AFTER happened, although it might have been nice. This book would also be great for a teen, as there isn't anything that I teen couldn't read, and I think a teen would really enjoy it.

I would love to see this book turned into a movie, as just as in Dune, there were some things that I couldn't picture in my head. I thi
Cyndi Fowles
Sea of Dreams

Could not put this book down...must read the next!
Great plot, well developing characters, not many typos.
Have read several of this author's other stories and enjoyed them.
Melissa Declet
This book had me glued to my Nook. I couldn't stop reading it and it's unlike any other kind of book I've ever read. I downloaded the second book as soon as possible!
Ann Salmon
I really really enjoyed this book my imagination went wild and I can't wait to read book number two, thank you so much for writing it , wow what an imagination you must have .:-)))
Rharrison
Great vacation reading if you like science fiction fantasy genre. I liked the characters very much.
Laura Jay
Kept my attention throughout the adventure. I want to see what is next for Sophie!
Sooz
This was a fun post apocalyptic book. Quick read. I am not sure if the author was planning on writing a sequel of this world, but if she (totally assuming this is a lady by the writing) wasn't, the end is sort of half assed.

I don't remember ever reading a book that will be so dated though. Like the references used and slang terms will make this book one of those hilarious that was your life stories in 20 years.

Also, this was the first ebook only story I've read and the editing was questionable
Janet
very good look forward to reading more
Cassie
this was another book that I immediately wanted to turn around and read over again. I loved the world that this book takes place in. I'm not usually one for romance in books, I like action and adventure, but the romance in this book wasn't overwhelming or boring. It meshed well with the rest of the story. I would read this again, and recommend it to others.
Susan
Great book! A little creepy in one aspect, a little out there overall, but the concept was unique and interesting. Main character's attitude was frustrating, but it was needed to show the eventual contrast. I will be reading the sequel. I can read it anytime, because this book came to a nice conclusion. Love that, for sure!
Lexie Huber
I had a hard time deciding between a 3 and 4 star rating. The story is interesting and makes me want to read the next book, but there are several typos which kind of makes me crazy. I do love this author though so I went with the 4.
T.D.
Another end of the world/last survivors scenario (I don't know how I keep stumbling into this topic lately), but with a much more hopeful tone than some. It was interesting and entertaining and made me hope for a follow-up novel.
Nina
I really like this author and have been reading her books for awhile. This wasa fun book with a serious subject matter. Wish I could have finished sooner but work always gets in the way of my reading.
Debbie
This is not the type of book I would usually read but gave it a try because C.L. Bevill is one of my favorite authors. I was surprised. I loved this book. It was a little weird but a good read.
Cathy
Loved this book about the aftermath of an apocalypse. Teenager wanders, meets others, as well as all the new things in the world.
Very well-done. Looking forward to the sequel.
Jolie
I like this author. Even if it wasn't cheap, I'd still read her books. This is the fifth book I've read by this author and if I can, I will pick up more of her work to enjoy.
Wow! I stumbled across this book by accident and boy was I pleased that I did. A fascinating post-apocalyptic premise that is quite unique and very engaging.
Cheryl
It was better then I thought considering i am so hooked on the Moon Series ... Ty for recommending it to me C.L. Bevill
Edwena
Edwena marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Nancy L Smith
Nancy L Smith is currently reading it
Aug 30, 2015
Lisa Lenox
Lisa Lenox marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Jody
Jody marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
  • Emergent (The Shapeshifter Chronicles #3)
  • Third Life: Taken (Life First, #3)
  • The Last Seer (Order of the Seers, #3)
  • For the Birds (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. #3)
  • Violet
  • Her Mother's Killer
  • Watching Her Every Move (Wolf’s Seduction, #1)
  • Choices (Forever, #4)
  • A Murderous Game
  • The Underlighters
  • Hide and Seek (Hide and Seek Mystery Series, #1)
  • A Ripple in Time - Angel of the Titanic
  • The Playground
  • Bad Moon Rising (Blackthorn Wolves, #3)
  • The Three Motives for Murder
  • The Unfading Lands
  • Roll The Dice (Vegas, #2)
  • Dark Warriors: A Dark Lands Anthology
C.L. Bevill has been in the U.S. Army, cleaned floors, a graphic illustrator, a therapist, and a stay at home mother. She lives in the Alabama area with her husband and daughter and keeps plugging away at the next great American novel.
More about C.L. Bevill...

Sea of Dreams (2 books)
  • Mountains of Dreams (Sea of Dreams, #2)
Bubba and the Dead Woman (Bubba Snoddy, #1) Veiled Eyes (Lake People, #1) Black Moon (Moon Trilogy, #1) Amber Moon (Moon Trilogy, #2) Silver Moon (Moon Trilogy, #3)