Feeding Your Appetites: Satisfy Your Wants, Needs, and Desires Without Compromising Yourself

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Helps the reader understand our God-given appetites and how to short-circuit out-of-control cravings and achieve lasting change by satisfying natural hungers.Learn to control the things that control you!
Published July 1st 2004 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published December 31st 2003)

Missy  Miller
This book draws parallels between "unmet" appetites in our lives that occur naturally and our vices, hang ups, addictions....replacements for what we are really looking for (i.e.comfort, love --> food, excitement -->alcohol, fullfillment --> workaholism.)

We need to learn that what whatever it is we are abusing is not satisfying the appetites that we are trying to fill.

Classic stuff here but well presented in a refreshed way. There is a Christian influence to this book as well but I bel...more
Trudy
You can learn from this book if you read it introspectively. You need to consider what your own appetites are and ponder how they have a hold on you and what you are willing to do for them to not have such a stronghold on your life. I appreciated what the author had to share about his own story and thought it a helpful book.
Debi
non-fiction about why we try to fill the void in our lives with various things. This was a pretty good book about looking to God to fill the void instead of over-indulging in other things that won't ultimately satisfy.
Keshia
Good book. Quick read. Practical how-to advice for overcoming how we deal with our appetites for desires that may not be for our overall good. A thoughtful and appreciated gift from my 'Sweet Potato'. KLR
Robert Pierce
This book was very interesting. Think it is a great read.
Ramon H.
Ramon H. marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Caleb
Caleb added it
Jun 09, 2014
Karen
Karen added it
Jun 02, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Tomie Fox
Tomie Fox marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
John
John added it
Jan 11, 2014
Tina
Tina added it
Jan 03, 2014
Carlos Astorga
Carlos Astorga marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Michell
Michell marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2013
Rebecca Fitzwater
Rebecca Fitzwater marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Amy Scott
Amy Scott is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2013
Jacqui
Jacqui marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
Jason Frazier
Jason Frazier marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Stephen Arterburn is the founder and chairman of New Life Ministries — the nation’s largest faith-based broadcast, counseling and treatment ministry — and is the host of the nationally syndicated “New Life Live!” daily radio program heard on over 180 radio stations nationwide. Steve is also the founder of the Women of Faith conferences attended by over 3,000,000 women.
Steve is a nationally known p...more
More about Stephen Arterburn...
Every Man's Battle: Winning the War on Sexual Temptation One Victory at a Time Every Young Man's Battle: Strategies for Victory in the Real World of Sexual Temptation Every Man's Marriage: An Every Man's Guide to Winning the Heart of a Woman Healing Is a Choice: 10 Decisions That Will Transform Your Life and 10 Lies That Can Prevent You from Making Them Every Man, God's Man (Every Man Series)