Start by marking “Lo yoga nella vita: la pratica quotidiana di una vita illuminata” as Want to Read:
Lo yoga nella vita: la pratica quotidiana di una vita illuminata

Lo yoga nella vita: la pratica quotidiana di una vita illuminata

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  429 ratings  ·  50 reviews
Una testo che guida alla pratica dello yoga nella vita quotidiana, non comesemplice insieme di tecniche e posizioni corporee, ma come filosofia di vitacapace di trasformare l'esistenza intera. L'autrice, tra le più noteinsegnanti di yoga a livello internazionale, combina la sua conoscenza dellafilosofia yoga con l'esperienza personale accumulata in un ventennio diseminari....more
Published January 1st 2005 by Corbaccio (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Lo yoga nella vita, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lo yoga nella vita

Io?
Un libro fondamentale per un approccio spirituale allo yoga, da tener sempre vicino e da rileggere mille volte.
Rae
This is actually my third reading of this Fahri title - last time I read this one was during my YTT training in 2008, and I packed it for a recent month in Santa Fe (spent in residency at the Santa Fe Art Institute) wherein I was (on the side of writing :) studying yoga with some of the most amazing teachers I've ever worked with.

What I have to say on third reading is that Donna Fahri never ceases to amaze me. When a teacher's voice comes from a place that signals that they've committed to nothi...more
Clara
I'm really pleased to see that this book is so well regarded by others who have read it. I thought it was exceptional. Farhi writes about Yoga with a capital Y--not simply the physical (asana) practice, but the Yoga of which asana is but one of eight progressive methods designed to liberate the soul. There was something on nearly every page that I wanted to write down and remember.

I can see returning to this book over and over and dipping into any part of it and finding something that I need to...more
Emily Alp
This book is incredible. As I approached the end, in fact, I was amazed that only one person wrote it and that she wasn't 100 years old. The wisdom and the clarity with which Farhi writes is a true gift to take in. I am a yoga teacher and I think this book is a must for all who take on this role. Farhi makes highly-anecdotal references to Yoga, ones practice and the whole process of finding one's path through dedication to these. She published this in 2004 so it's really a tapestry of modern ins...more
Zahrah Awaleh
One of the most important and relevant yoga books I've read and I loved it so much I'm going to buy it. Just a pure gem. It's philosophical, yet easily understandable to the average person. Very necessary in our current fast-paced lives.
Elizabeth
Interesting and worth the read, but same materials are presented more dynamically in other texts.
Vern Stevens
Disclaimer: My perspective is one of a novice with respect to Yoga, both physically and philosophically.

The author takes on some core principles from older texts on Yoga and applies them very practically to modern living. In particular, she addresses many of the obstacles modern yoga practitioners face and offers insight on how they may be overcome. She does not present Yoga as the instant cure for a completely happy trouble-free life. Rather, she explains how Yogic living can help one consider...more
Victoria Klein
Simliar to the first book I read by Donna Farhi (Yoga Mind, Body & Spirit: A Return to Wholeness), this book was nothing like I expected, yet still exceptionally wonderful.

I was expecting an overview of the basic ethical principles of yoga. Instead, I was greeted with an intriguing introduction to all the possibilities yoga has to offer, unique angles on the eight-limbed path of true Yoga, and (last but not least) the various "roadbloacks & distractions" that could slow, stop, or revers...more
Bethany
I really liked the first half of this book--there were some amazing insights into establishing and maintaining a personal yoga practice, which was why I picked it up (thanks, Audra!). As I continued to read, however, two things started to make me a little frustrated. The first was the lack of organization. Though each chapter was established with a general theme, I often found myself floundering to find "the point" of a section. The second thing was what I perceived as the author's underlying as...more
Ellen Stansell, PhD, RYT
This is the first book I've read by this celebrated yoga teacher and to be honest, I was disappointed. Farhi tackles the immense question of how to make your life your yoga practice, and bring your yoga practice fully to bear on your life. In doing so she seems to take all the "folk wisdom" of today's New Age/spiritual practitioner community and just throw it all together in hodge podge. I didn't get the sense that she had vision of how, on a deeper level, they might all connect. She throws out...more
Sonja Reid
This is a thoughtful book about what yoga can bring to your daily life, and what you can bring to your yoga practice. Sometimes it felt a little vague and Farhi spends a lot of time on anecdotes from her life. While at times this feels a little narcissistic, at the same time I appreciate her emphasis on her own experience as her authority-it helps one to focus on what is and not what you think your practice "ought to be". This is not a book that will endlessly quote and reference ancient texts....more
Greta
The message in this book becomes clearer the more often it is read. In many ways it's the same with the yogic journey. The longer the path is trodden, the clearer the path becomes. This book is about yoga as a philosophy, not as a sequence of postures. One can "do yoga" but ultimately, it's about being yogic or on the spiritual path that matters. Donna Farhi has a beautiful way of putting her experience, knowledge and wisdom into a language that inspires and motivates one to either start or cont...more
Cindy
This was a suggested read from my yoga teacher training class. A lot of information to digest so it helps to have a pen and paper handy. You will also want to go back and look at your notes from time to time:) I really learned a lot about my practice both on and off the mat.
If yoga is your sanity, you will appreciate this book.
Siobhan
I loved a lot of what she had to say and I loved that she brought up a lot of current issues facing people who do yoga or yoga asana today. But even though she uses herself for examples and as the book gets on she tends to use more and more examples of her students and of her guiding hand. She may have gotten each persons permission but wow that would be a lot of permission! I was more open to reading what she had to say when examples of others and how she was with them were not part of the "les...more
Geoff
This is still one my favorite books on Yoga. I read this book for the first time several years ago and it made a huge impression on me. Having read it again for a second time, I was pleased to find my first impressions confirmed. Donna has a way of distilling the yoga process from a western point of view that is very easy to digest. I have yet to find another book that makes a difficult subject this clear. This book is one, I will take off the shelf, again and again every few years.
rae solomon
Deriving material from the yoga sutra, the Baghavad Gita and her own experiences as a yoga teacher, Donna Farhi offers an engaging introduction to yoga's philosophical context. While Farhi refers to hatha yoga as one way to practice and deepen the spiritual teachings of Yoga, this book does not contain asana instruction, but instead focuses the less tangible, more personal goals of the yogic life through the lesser known 7 paths.
Kris
great intro to yoga / yoga philosophy
(re-read in 2014)
Jim Austin
This is such a great book. Very easy to read and gave me a great deal of peace and much better understanding of my Yoga practice and where I was (am) going with it. I believe it is a must read for anyone trying to establish a regular practice or even just thinking about it.
Barbara Morrison
One of my new favorite books, hit me like Thomas Moore's Care of the Soul. This book has a clarity and kindness that chases away so many platitudes about how to practice ...anything in life. It is vulnerable and modest, welcoming in our time of grotesque self indulgence.
Kerstin
I enjoyed reading this book, easy read, encouraging and positive energy. Especially with this idea I worked a lot: "Each time we kick someone out of our heart we develop a hole in our self, and that hole cannot be repaired until we invite this person back in" p. 35
Pam
I often use Donna's words to bring new perspectives to yoga philosophy that I'm teaching. It's deeply thoughtful, and a useful mix of the philosophy itself and Donna's life experiences as examples.

I'm still reading it frequently.
Jackie
One of the few books that I pick up and read parts of, again and again.great for those practicing yoga who are interested in incorporating yoga and it's philosophies into your daily life. Well written, honest and thought provoking.
Sian Lile-Pastore
this is so great! it kind of changed my life (or mindset or something). It's about yoga, but not just the asanas, it's also about how you feel, about being happy and about being a better person.
i thought it was pretty amazing.
Donalee Attardo
This is the book I would give to anyone to learn and understand integrated (beyond just asana) yoga. Inspirational, great depth, beautiful writing and easy to understand for people new to the subject - all at the same time.
Lesley
Maybe it's just that I read it at the right time, but nevertheless. It is a pleasant and fast read that you could keep around and peek at periodically for a refresher or just a bit of good advice.
Kate
Great book. Motivational - hopefully will give me inspiration to keep up with yoga practice. I highlighted several parts and will go back and read them again if my motivation wanes.
Peri Kinder
Along with Charlotte Bell's Mindful Yoga, this book is my go-to book for yoga advice and wisdom. I've read it several times and always find something new and pertinent.

Namaste.

Jeff
This was my first real read on yoga and I total loved it. Farhi is a great, descriptive writer and she made it possible for me to really feel yoga and understand what it was all about.
Jen
Beautifully written, deeply insightful, helped me to understand my reasons for practicing and teaching. Motivation and inspiration for a lifelong yoga practice.
  • The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice
  • Yoga The Spirit And Practice Of Moving Into Stillness
  • Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life
  • The Wisdom of Yoga: A Seeker's Guide to Extraordinary Living
  • Anatomy of Hatha Yoga: A Manual for Students, Teachers, and Practitioners
  • Jivamukti Yoga: Practices for Liberating Body and Soul
  • The Yoga Tradition: Its History, Literature, Philosophy and Practice
  • Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga
  • The Secret Power of Yoga: A Woman's Guide to the Heart and Spirit of the Yoga Sutras
  • Yoga as Medicine: The Yogic Prescription for Health and Healing
  • Yoga for Wellness: Healing with the Timeless Teachings of Viniyoga
  • Light on Life
  • The Language Of Yoga: Complete A To Y Guide To Āsana Names, Sanskrit Terms, And Chants
  • Yoga Body, Buddha Mind
  • Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques
  • The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga
  • Yoga Body: The Origins of Modern Posture Practice
  • Hatha Yoga Pradipika
Yoga Mind, Body & Spirit: A Return to Wholeness The Breathing Book: Good Health and Vitality Through Essential Breath Work Teaching Yoga: Exploring the Teacher-Student Relationship Breaking Free from Sloth: A HarperOne Select Bringing Yoga To Life