Start by marking “Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause” as Want to Read:
Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH," A TRUSTWORTHY, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO HELP EVERY WOMAN NAVIGATE THE MENOPAUSE TRANSITION

For decades, millions of women have relied on Our Bodies, Ourselves to provide the most comprehensive, honest, and accurate information on women's health. Now, in Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause, the editors of the classic guid

Published October 3rd 2006 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about Our Bodies, Ourselves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Bodies, Ourselves

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret AtwoodThe Bell Jar by Sylvia PlathJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëA Room of One's Own by Virginia WoolfThe Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
Best Feminist Books
382nd out of 1,412 books — 2,026 voters

More lists with this book...

Laura (Kyahgirl)
I originally got this book out of the library and liked it so much I decided to buy a copy for my own library. That automatically makes it a five star rating.

The thing I like about this book is the tone. It talks about all aspects of being a woman going through menopause or approaching menopause. It doesn't talk like you're sick or suffering from a disease or like you're going to suffer and here's what to do. The book covers the facts about the physical processes in both 'natural' menopause and
Lisa
Mar 17, 2010 Lisa rated it it was amazing
As with the basic Our Bodies, Ourselves, that you need to own, every woman entering menopause should own this copy! Buy it BEFORE you start the pre-menopause stage so you can prepare yourself for that fun ride. Yikes...
Fostergrants
Feb 04, 2009 Fostergrants rated it really liked it
i will want to own this one. i like the open mindedness and friendly approach. it does not treat the process as a medical condition that needs to be cured but a natural part of life, and then it helps you through the scary parts. sensible, straightforward, easy to read, modern.
Siggi
Mar 28, 2013 Siggi rated it it was amazing
You can always count on the Boston Women's Health Book Collective to bring you good and solid information.
Kate
Feb 20, 2013 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: skimmed
I seriously wish I had read this before choosing surgical menopause. I would have almost certainly have made the choice I did, but I would have been much better prepared for the consequences.
Kirsten
Apr 12, 2013 Kirsten rated it it was amazing
Every woman going through life's change or not should own this amazing literature
Heather
Jul 07, 2015 Heather rated it really liked it
A very empowering book on the subject of menopause. Well written and referenced, it goes a long way to dispel some of the myths that have grown up around the subject. Probably the most important thing I took from it was that the "propaganda" about menopause, the fact that society has tended to turn it into a disease, is what makes the menopausal transition difficult rather than the process itself. Warmly recommended.
Joy
Jan 25, 2016 Joy rated it really liked it
Ideally I would like my own copy of this, but finances are difficult at the moment, so I'll have to share with the rest of the library-using population. I didn't read it cover-to-cover but I did skim most of the sections, while reading more closely the parts that directly bear on my personal case. Lots of good information and advice; more than I can absorb in one sitting so I'm sure I will return to it before long.
Jen Chenault
Feb 12, 2009 Jen Chenault rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All women
The 6th book I've read in the Our Bodies, Ourselves collection. So much information, demystification of menopause, political and patronization of women at this point in their lives. Filled with amazing information. Just like all of these books!
Alec Clews
Alec Clews rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2012
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2015
Doriswatson watson
Doriswatson watson rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2014
Shelly
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2013
Wanda Miller
Wanda Miller rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2014
Rachel Grefe
Rachel Grefe rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Rebecca Mordini
Rebecca Mordini rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Sherry
Sherry rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2009
ChilliDeadpool
ChilliDeadpool rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2015
Barbara Dowey
Barbara Dowey rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2011
Amie Marti
Amie Marti rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2012
Mara
Mara rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2015
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2011
Meg
Meg rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2007
Cynthia D.
Cynthia D. rated it did not like it
Sep 29, 2015
Kivrin Engle
Kivrin Engle rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2009
Cassie Chainay
Cassie Chainay rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2012
Amber M. Howard
Amber M. Howard rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Renee Caubisens
Renee Caubisens rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2015
Aboagye Baafi
Aboagye Baafi rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Getting Off: A Woman's Guide to Masturbation
  • The New Male Sexuality
  • Read My Lips: A Complete Guide to Vaginal and Vulvar Health, Culture, and Pleasure
  • The V Book: A Doctor's Guide to Complete Vulvovaginal Health
  • Anal Pleasure & Health: A Guide for Men and Women
  • For Yourself: The Fulfillment of Female Sexuality (Revised and Updated)
  • Deal With It: A Whole New Approach to Your Body, Brain and Life as a gURL
  • Confessions of a Medical Heretic
  • The Wisdom of Menopause: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing During the Change
  • Attention Deficit Disorder: A Different Perception
  • The New Rules of Lifting for Abs: A Myth-Busting Fitness Plan for Men and Women Who Want a Strong Core and a Pain- Free Back
  • What's Happening to My Body? Book for Girls: A Growing-Up Guide for Parents and Daughters
  • The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook
  • Exhibitionism for the Shy
  • The Survivor's Guide to Sex: How to Create Your Own Empowered Sexuality After Childhood Sexual Abuse
  • Sex From Scratch: Making Your Own Relationship Rules
  • Big Big Love
  • The Ultimate Guide to Sex and Disability: For All of Us Who Live with Disabilities, Chronic Pain, and Illness