Start by marking “Ireland - Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture” as Want to Read:
Ireland - Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture

Ireland - Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture

Culture Smart! provides essential information on attitudes, beliefs and behavior in different countries, ensuring that you arrive at your destination aware of basic manners, common courtesies, and sensitive issues. These concise guides tell you what to expect, how to behave, and how to establish a rapport with your hosts. This inside knowledge will enable you to steer clea ...more
Published June 8th 2010 by Kuperard (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Ireland - Culture Smart!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ireland - Culture Smart!

Bárbara Hernandes
As a foreigner living in Ireland for nearly two years, I can definitely say this is a spot on insight into Irish culture, behavior and mentality.

Ireland being so small still has a huge impact on the world and loads of visitors keep coming to appreciate the beauties of the countryside and the atmosphere in Dublin - and this book does indeed mention several funny and interesting sides to the Irish.

If you're just coming to Ireland on a holiday or if you really wanna understand and learn more about
Brittanie
Very informative and, while a bit outdated (written before the latest economical crises), changed a few of my views of Ireland and it's culture that would do me well when I finally visit. I'd recommend this to any American going there on holiday.
Emma
Jan 28, 2016 Emma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok; got some good tidbits from it, but definitely not as helpful as I was hoping.
Miramira Endevall
So looking forward to next May!
Debbie Deutsch
Dec 01, 2016 Debbie Deutsch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helpful tips and history. I recently traveled to Ireland. I recommend the book to other travelers. Ireland is an incredibly beautiful and friendly country.
Nicole Shepard
Aug 17, 2011 Nicole Shepard rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
Interesting. A bit one-sided. Could have had a lot more about Northern Ireland and the relationship to the Republic.
Kimberly
This book was more like a history lesson than a guide to Irish customs and etiquette. However,I still found it an enjoyable and interesting read.
Jody
Dec 06, 2011 Jody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will most likely re-read this many a times, especially when I plan my return trips to this beautiful country.
Johanne
Johanne rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2011
Dara
Dara rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2017
Cherie
Cherie rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
Katherine
Katherine rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2011
Brandi
Brandi rated it it was ok
Apr 09, 2009
David Medeiros
David Medeiros rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2017
Audrey
Audrey rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2015
Steph
Steph rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2012
Venice Bellamy
Venice Bellamy rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2013
Samantha Cerqua
Samantha Cerqua rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
Ike
Ike rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2016
Terry
Terry rated it it was ok
Aug 25, 2016
Kelli Newcom
Kelli Newcom rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2017
Tim Edgerly
Tim Edgerly rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
Rochelle
Rochelle rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2010
Sherri
Sherri rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2012
Colleen
Colleen rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2012
Jo Go
Jo Go rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2017
Barbara Vibbert
Barbara Vibbert rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Kathleen Ryan
Kathleen Ryan rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2017
Matthew Barnes
Matthew Barnes rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2016