Sprouts: The Miracle Food: The Complete Guide to Sprouting

Sprouts: The Miracle Food: The Complete Guide to Sprouting

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Step-by-step, learn how to grow delicious indoor greens and baby vegetables -- in just one week from seed to salad. Includes extensive nutrition charts, seed resources, and questions and answers with Sproutman.
Published January 1st 1999 by Sproutman Publications (first published May 31st 1994)

Dejana
This book is so driving me crazy that I want to re-write it. It's 200 pages, and all I want to know about sprouts can be put on 50! Couldn't he just put a chapter entitled Alfalfa- so when I want to sprout it there's all I need to know. Instead, it's all mixed in a big salad, so alfalfa is on page 11, 41, 48,58,...70, 159...etc. Just to find out how long to soak a certain seed takes me half hour browsing through pages.
He also prefers this strange method with bamboo baskets, and most people who...more
Alex Strick van Linschoten
This was allright. The author is a bit too energetic for my tastes, but he certainly advocates strongly for a vision of food cultivation that would seem pretty pleasant if you could make it all work. I wish the book was better organised, however. Sproutman goes down too many side-discussions and enjoys his little side-comments too much to make this a valuable reference tool. Perhaps when I'm sprouting more myself I will change my mind.
Naomi
Good resource for sprout descriptions, not really for sprouting methods.

For sprouting methods, the author mostly describes what he thinks is the best way - baskets, and bags, so not as helpful in the different sprouting methods.

Has good descriptions of the sprouts and their flavors. Discusses the need for cooking some sprouts - mostly the bean and pea ones.
Melissa
This book covers great information on the different methods of sprouting. I didn't care for the format it was written, it jumped around instead of being a smooth read.
Carrie Mason
A book loaded with everything you will need to know about sprouting. A must have for growing your own sprouts.
Lisa
Sep 03, 2007 Lisa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: food
Fun, informative, practical guide to growing sprouts and benefiting from their amazing awesomeness.
Inspired Kathy
Good overview on sprouting methods and seeds for sprouting. Lots of resources listed in back.
Aili
Apr 22, 2009 Aili added it
a little too zealous for me, but the information was good.
Melanie
Helpful in my new endeavor, but rather dated.
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Bryan
Bryan marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
B.leigh Cronin
B.leigh Cronin marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Gwen
Gwen marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Ben Scott
Ben Scott is currently reading it
Jan 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Juice Fasting and Detoxification: Use the Healing Power of Fresh Juice to Feel Young and Look Great Wheatgrass Natures Finest Medicine Food Combining and Digestion: Easy to Follow Techniques to Increase Stomach Power and Maximize Digestion Sproutman's Kitchen Garden Cookbook: 250 flourless, Dairyless, Low Temperature, Low Fat, Low Salt, Living Food Vegetarian Recipes Water: The Ultimate Cure : Discover Why Water Is the Most Important Ingredient in Your Diet and Find Out Which Water Is Right for You