Start by marking “Mech 2: The Savant (Imperium Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mech 2: The Savant (Imperium Series, #2)

Mech 2: The Savant (Imperium #2)

A new world, more aliens, and even more Mechs!

The Skaintz Imperium was eradicated from the backwater planet of Garm, but at great cost. The population of the world was decimated within weeks, and Garm will never be the same. At least humanity can breathe easily knowing that the mysterious aliens are all dead.... But are they?

Using their natural form of communication, Skai
Published (first published November 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Mech 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mech 2

Kathy
Apr 30, 2012 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unadulterated Enjoyment!

I strongly suggest you read the previous book in the series (Mech 1: The Parent) prior to reading this installment.

This story was a very fast and fun read that completely entertained and engrossed me. The plot held my attention so completely, I finished this book in one day.

The story delivered exactly what I was looking for, a creepy and creative uncomplicated plot. I just could not put this book down.

I highly recommend this book fellow SF readers and also recommend to fe
Julian Tan
Jan 12, 2011 Julian Tan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a sequel, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the story woven by Larson. As a story in its own right, I'm not sure if it is strong enough to stand alone by itself. Read in context as a sequel though, it builds on a existing universe and gives enough to quench the thirst of die-hard fans. Again, the aliens were hideous and brutal, with a distinct conniving nature thrown in this time round. The heroes were portrayed satisfyingly and richly, struggling against enemies within and without.

That said
Kevin
Sep 15, 2015 Kevin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The lazy lecherous pervert, who blames others for all his personal downfalls lived.... Ugh

This savant makes me feel like I'm reading a modified script for the movie Slither.

I'm pissed, I hope this compulsive liar dies a horrible painful, long death.

I think a certain jelly thing in a saline tank, is going to ride a mech brain, like that thing in that guy's stomach in the old Ninja Turtle cartoons(was this were Larson got the inspiration for the mechs?).

Ha! I was right. i saw that coming a mile aw
Lee Belbin
Apr 27, 2015 Lee Belbin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good follow-up of Mech-1. A continuation of the alien invasion saga with plenty of the usual blood and guts that are a signature of this series. Larson has a great talent for threading multiple stories that interlink. As Mech - 1, Mech - 2 is hard to put down as you are always wanting to know how the heroes got out of the next nasty situation. This is a fun read ideal for times when not taxing the brain too much is warranted. A juicy escape.
Tom
Jan 05, 2011 Tom rated it really liked it
I'm really liking this sci fi series that pulls from a lot of familiar territory - bug/biological space-faring invaders, cyborg-formerly human mechs, parasitic-mind-control aliens. The campy sword fighting got a bit corny for me at times (Really? Sword fighting in space? I guess Star Wars did it, why not this), otherwise this read was a really great time.
Cigdem Marco
Feb 04, 2015 Cigdem Marco rated it it was amazing
Pretty good.

I like this series its a bit different than books that I usually read but I guess that is the main attraction. I recommend this series to anyone who likes alien and futuristic stories.
David Crow
I find these books horrifying. The monsters are so unhuman that it scares the hell out of me. It also makes it difficult to read at the end of the day to unwind. It's scarier than Alien, Aliens, etc. T
Long
Aug 29, 2011 Long rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, kindle
Much better than the first book. The ending is a bit disappointing, but I guess it's meant for a cliff-hanger.
Titus L
Feb 15, 2011 Titus L rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
carried on the story with the same pace and exciting space alien battles, better than Mech 1.
April
Sep 12, 2013 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good story. a bit hard to follow at first.
James L.
Mar 24, 2015 James L. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't finish it.
Greg Paul
May 26, 2011 Greg Paul is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
2nd in the series is a bit better than the first but it's interesting rather than riveting. Characters are a bit shallow but a great vacation/airplane/airport read
Matt
Aug 20, 2016 Matt rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
4 stars!

I'm really enjoying this series. Lots of action, excitement and interesting characters. I can not wait to find out what happens in the next book.
Fred
Dec 05, 2010 Fred rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still some plot holes and books should have been a little bit longer to explore all the angles, but the story is compelling enough to warrant the time.
Greg
A good second book in the series. I found it a fast read and very hard to put down (which is maybe why I read it so fast ;)

Good ole alien battle, space opera, sci-fi.
Justin Allemang
Justin Allemang rated it really liked it
May 11, 2011
John Hockaday
John Hockaday rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2014
Daniel Pritchett
Daniel Pritchett rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Nick
Nick rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2014
Corey Simmons
Corey Simmons rated it it was ok
Oct 01, 2014
William C. McCauley
William C. McCauley rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Robert Wilson
Robert Wilson rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Mack
Mack rated it it was ok
Feb 21, 2013
John Marcroft
John Marcroft rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Dave
Dave rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Greg
Greg rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2014
Bryan
Bryan rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Ed Manley
Ed Manley rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2014
Mark Lyth
Mark Lyth rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2011
  • Siege of Titan (Star Crusades Uprising, #1)
  • Knights of the Chosen  (Spirit of Empire, #2)
  • Cyborg Assault (Doom Star, #4)
  • The Stars at War (Starfire, #2-3)
  • Galactic Corps (Inheritance Trilogy, #2)
  • Exodus (Starfire, #5)
  • The Clone Redemption (Rogue Clone, #7)
  • Run
  • Wolves and War (Planet Wolf, #1)
  • Dead Soul (In Her Name: The Last War, #3)
  • Right Ascension
  • Starship: Flagship (Starship, #5)
Brian Larson is an American science fiction and fantasy author
More about B.V. Larson...

Imperium (4 books)
  • Mech Zero: The Dominant (Imperium Series, #0)
  • Mech 1: The Parent (Imperium Series, #1)
  • Mech 3: The Empress (Imperium Series, #3)