Start by marking “Mech 2: The Savant (Imperium Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mech 2: The Savant (Imperium Series, #2)

Mech 2: The Savant (Imperium #2)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  337 ratings  ·  13 reviews
A new world, more aliens, and even more Mechs!

The Skaintz Imperium was eradicated from the backwater planet of Garm, but at great cost. The population of the world was cut in half within weeks, and Garm will never be the same. At least humanity can breathe easily knowing that the mysterious aliens are all dead.... But are they?

Using their natural form of communication, Sk...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published November 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Mech 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mech 2

Kathy
Unadulterated Enjoyment!

I strongly suggest you read the previous book in the series (Mech 1: The Parent) prior to reading this installment.

This story was a very fast and fun read that completely entertained and engrossed me. The plot held my attention so completely, I finished this book in one day.

The story delivered exactly what I was looking for, a creepy and creative uncomplicated plot. I just could not put this book down.

I highly recommend this book fellow SF readers and also recommend to fe...more
Julian Tan
As a sequel, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the story woven by Larson. As a story in its own right, I'm not sure if it is strong enough to stand alone by itself. Read in context as a sequel though, it builds on a existing universe and gives enough to quench the thirst of die-hard fans. Again, the aliens were hideous and brutal, with a distinct conniving nature thrown in this time round. The heroes were portrayed satisfyingly and richly, struggling against enemies within and without.

That said...more
Tom
I'm really liking this sci fi series that pulls from a lot of familiar territory - bug/biological space-faring invaders, cyborg-formerly human mechs, parasitic-mind-control aliens. The campy sword fighting got a bit corny for me at times (Really? Sword fighting in space? I guess Star Wars did it, why not this), otherwise this read was a really great time.
Robert
Mech 2 exceeded my expectations as a sequal. The story was better developed and the action more believable than it was in the original. Granted that's not saying much but if you enjoyed Mech 1 and still have an appetite for alien horror and popcorn science fiction then chances are you'll enjoy the sequal.
David Crow
I find these books horrifying. The monsters are so unhuman that it scares the hell out of me. It also makes it difficult to read at the end of the day to unwind. It's scarier than Alien, Aliens, etc. T
Greg
A good second book in the series. I found it a fast read and very hard to put down (which is maybe why I read it so fast ;)

Good ole alien battle, space opera, sci-fi.
Greg Paul
May 26, 2011 Greg Paul is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
2nd in the series is a bit better than the first but it's interesting rather than riveting. Characters are a bit shallow but a great vacation/airplane/airport read
Fred
Still some plot holes and books should have been a little bit longer to explore all the angles, but the story is compelling enough to warrant the time.
Long
Much better than the first book. The ending is a bit disappointing, but I guess it's meant for a cliff-hanger.
Celestial Elf
carried on the story with the same pace and exciting space alien battles, better than Mech 1.
Jason C
ok book but wouldn't recommend it. Way to many spelling mistake.
April
good story. a bit hard to follow at first.
Tom vC
Pulpy sci-fi thriller.
Richl1
Richl1 added it
Sep 29, 2014
Ebook
Ebook marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Brian Larson is an American science fiction and fantasy author
More about B.V. Larson...
Swarm (Star Force, #1) Extinction (Star Force, #2) Rebellion (Star Force, #3) Conquest (Star Force, #4) Battle Station (Star Force, #5)