Start by marking “Foreclosed (A Mitzy Neuhaus Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Foreclosed (A Mitzy Neuhaus Mystery #1)

Foreclosed (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries #1)

3.29  ·  Rating Details ·  1,655 Ratings  ·  148 Reviews
Alternate Cover ASIN: B003ZDP194

Mitzy Neuhaus, tall, blonde, and stuck in the 80s, might be the top selling Realtor in Portlandia, but even her office is dead in this economy. Despite her complete faith that God and common sense can fix anything, she has found herself with a full staff and nothing to do--until her favorite run down mansion gets itself foreclosed, that is.

B
Nook, 235 pages
Published October 31st 2010 by createspace

To ask other readers questions about Foreclosed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foreclosed

Trudy
May 02, 2013 Trudy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very awkward prose, misused words, grammatical errors, and an incoherent, illogical plot are just some of the problems with Foreclosed.

At first, I read on because I always try to give a book a chance to get better, but soon it became apparent that I would have to finish this book to see how bad it could get. In that regard, it did not disappoint.

Mitzy may be a perfect name for the ditzy protagonist, but calling the owner of a one-agent real estate firm Neuhaus (new house) is really over the top.
D
Apr 23, 2013 D rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The author needs to cut down on her caffeine intake. This book was all over the place. There were disjointed sentences and misplaced words. Character descriptions kept changing. Also, it's not a good start when a sentence on page 9 reads "Mitzy walked on at a comfortable, contemplative pace and contemplated her situation."

The book is about a real estate mogul and the author is very good about using real estate terms but that is as far as it goes. As the entire first half of the book is a set-up
Mary Findley
Dec 10, 2011 Mary Findley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did a search on Christian books for my new Kindle Fire, and this is one of the ones that came up. This a cute story. I liked the idea for the mystery, an old house with mysteriously missing, important furnishings, and the author is clearly knowledgeable about real estate, the field Mitzy is in. Mitzy is an employer with a good heart and a good citizen. Her antagonism toward a commercial real estate rival, Alonzo, is easier to understand when you realize how independent and competitive she has ...more
Olivia B
Aug 14, 2013 Olivia B rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bait and switch preachy novel not worth the "free" pricetag

An hour into this book I did something I've never done before - put down a book in the middle of a train ride leaving me with nothing better to do than stare out the window, and to delete it off my Nook. Seriously, it was that bad. An hour in and the characters were already so flat and boring I hoped that they would be the murder victims - although for a mystery, there was a suspicious lack of ANY CRIME happening. However, there were a l
Elaine
Jun 18, 2011 Elaine rated it did not like it
I was very disappointed in this book. First, what was the mystery? The first half of the book was basically very obvious set up for the last part, but the story line was very weak and disjointed. The characters were 1 dimensional, and, please, the love interest pathetic. I do not mind reading Christian based books, but this seemed to have added the Christian theme as an afterthought. I found it annoying and distracting and added nothing to the story.
Terri
Apr 04, 2013 Terri rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Foreclosed is one of the most boring books I ever picked up. I called it quits about halfway through it.
Kristen
Feb 09, 2017 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, serial-cozy, 2017
In Traci Tyne Hilton's Foreclosed, the first installment in the Mitzy Neuhaus Cozy Mystery series, get ready to enter the world of real estate. Mitzy Neuhaus is the top realtor in Portland who's against a rival realtor named Alonzo Miramontes. While the economy is dead for new prospective hot properties, there's a mansion that's been foreclosed by the bank. She wants to sell it to its new owners. But she had hit some snags along the way, besides Alonzo wanting that home for her sister Carmella t ...more
Yibbie
Jan 17, 2016 Yibbie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
Not as good as I hoped.
The language was clean. At one point a character struggles with his language and it is pointed out that cursing/swearing is forbidden in the Bible. He still does use a few replacement words, but those weren't offensive.
There wasn't any direct smut, but the main character deals with a rather crude radio announcer. Was it really necessary to write out the dialog? I understand she wants to develop a situation to demonstrate Christian forgiveness, but there are more delicat
Connie
Feb 01, 2012 Connie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
FORECLOSED by Traci Tyne Hilton is 230 pages. I read this one on my Kindle and it was a free book from Amazon. It is a Mitzy Neuhaus Mystery.

I did not enjoy this book very much. I thought it was just a very light mystery and if it is supposed to be Christian Fiction, I felt that fell short of the mark too. It took forever to get to the real mystery and once you were there, you didn't really care in my opinion. I know that Cozies are to be light and fun, but this was just a story in my opinion wi
Sharon
May 26, 2014 Sharon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I continued reading this book because I thought the story had potential despite the awkward writing and poor grammar. I was wrong. If the author wants to write other book I would suggest that she find a competent editor. Her sentences and paragraphs were riddled by grammatical errors that made it hard at times to follow her meaning and, in one particular case, the scene jumped with no warning or explanation. I got this book as a "free Friday" selection from Barnes and Noble and although I consid ...more
Magiccats
Jun 26, 2013 Magiccats rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: could-not-finish
Not my cup of tea. I began to wonder with the short choppy sentences at the beginning, but then it began to flow better and I started to become hopeful.

But, my word, the author put so much real estate info into the beginning that I began to ask myself, when will the story start??? And really, do I care about this info?

My answer = I don't!!

Talk about filler. I finally lost interest and quit reading.
Lara Frater
Dec 29, 2012 Lara Frater rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of the worst books I've ever read. I want my 99 cents back.
Brices Mice Christian Book Reviews
Mitzy Newhaus, the main character in this cozy mystery, Foreclosed:A Mitzy Neuhaus Mystery by Traci Tyne Hilton is a good hearted Realtor, who battles the poor housing market economy but still tries to keep her employees stable with a steady income. Her main rival is the heart throb Realtor Alonzo, who happens to be competing for the same Victorian mansion which is almost in foreclosure.

I found this book slow to start, with many facets dealing with the real estate business which didn't keep my i
Theresahpir
Feb 28, 2014 Theresahpir rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the idea of this book...a cozy mystery centered on a beautiful Queen Anne Victorian and missing Russian jewels. I was severely disappointed in its execution, though.

This just simply was NOT a well-written book. Cliches, awkward dialogue, and a plot that darted around everywhere was the least of its issues. My main complaint is the main character, real estate "mogul," Mitzy Neuhaus.

I understand that this was supposed to be a Christian based mystery and that no one, Christians inclu
Tiph
Aug 05, 2015 Tiph rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
while this was a clean, light enjoyable read... it was a little all over the place. The story was goes along at a pretty good pace when suddenly the author decides its time to finish the book. And the story main character and her nemesis, are suddenly all good, buying the property together and making googly eyes at one another... It just seemed really haphazardly thrown together and random. I will not be reading any of the others in the series.
Ann Perez
Apr 15, 2014 Ann Perez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good mystery,a little romance even nods to God!

I loved the characters, there was enough background to make them interesting. that's why I love to read, it's like getting to know someone new. there was history to learn as the story unfolded. I love Victorian houses and would really like to explore the Baltimore house. I would recommend this book,highly!
Kelli Pizarro
Jun 16, 2017 Kelli Pizarro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good

I enjoyed the second half of the book a lot. The first half was very difficult to stay focused on. It felt slow.
The characters were decently developed.
It felt like a Lifetime movie, but super clean.
Though there are religious comments, it's not a religious read.
There is no sexual content other than a few mild remarks from a character you're meant to hate.
As far as profanity goes, I recall two mild uses of profanity but they were worded in ways that showed a character's moral progress
Tabatha Cooper
Poorly Written. An excessive amount of grammatical errors. The characters were poorly described and I felt like they changed and it was confusing. Further, the relationship in this book was not realistic nor fun. It was rushed and I didn't care about either character at the end. I will not be continuing this series. Something about the cover made me think there might be something to do with hauntings or the spiritual world...not a beautiful mansion like described in the book. The book cover I ha ...more
Natalie Bachiri
Mar 11, 2017 Natalie Bachiri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this refreshing character Mitzy. She is fun and serious at the time. Great first in the series.
Rachael
Mar 13, 2017 Rachael rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was pretty bad. I got it for free from bookbub. I now know why it was free. Full of typos. The plot was stupid and the writing was just bad.
Kim Dennis
Apr 04, 2015 Kim Dennis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
Jennifer Tooker
Part Cozy and part romance, but falls flat

Foreclosed is the first in the Mitzy Neuhaus Mystery series by Traci Tyne Hilton. Set in Portland, Mitzy Neuhaus is a hot shot realtor. With her high profile, unique look and regular spots on local radio, she is also quite the local celebrity. When a prominent Victorian mansion falls into foreclosure next door to one of her rental properties, Mitzy launches into action to recover the property and secure its future use as a residence. Little does she kno
Ann-marie
Jun 07, 2013 Ann-marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick and fun read. I enjoyed reading a good mystery, that was clean of all sexual junk normally found in other books; definitely a good change of pace for this reader.

Mitzy is a real-estate agent agent, and runs her office with the help of her assistants, Sabrina and Ben. The market is not booming, and the economy is going through rough times. Mitzy has a weekly spot on a local radio, chatting with listeners about money, finances, and real estate, but she has bigger things in mind.
Sharon Delarose
Dec 18, 2012 Sharon Delarose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Arson, identity theft, jewelry theft, an abandoned dog, a mysterious man, friends who aren't your friends, a politician with a dirty little secret, a realtor with a mission, and a dark, Italian hottie — what better of a way to engage in a mystery? As with any good mystery, you form hypotheses and not all of mine were correct. There are so many directions it could have gone which leads you on a merry chase almost to the end.

I got sucked into the characters, and the occasional bit of unexpected h
Joana
Aug 01, 2012 Joana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one is filled with mystery, suspense, humor and a little bit of romance. Real Estate Mogul Mitzy Neuhaus is desperately seeking a way to help the local economy pick up from its current slump. A house she's been watching for quite some time finally comes up for sale and Mitxy begins snooping into its past. Soon she finds herself in trouble of a sinister kind.

I was hooked to this one from the beginning. I couldn't put it down and finished it in one day. If you love good clean fiction with mys
Leona
Jul 16, 2016 Leona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
From goodreads.com:

But with the homeowner desperate to keep Mitzy away from his property and Alonzo, the dangerously hot rival investor trying to snatch it ou
Kelly
I had a hard time getting into this book at first. It just seemed all over the place. I took a week off from it and then decided to give it one more chance. The elements finally came together and you could see the mystery unfold. It was a good mystery but a few elements seemed to make no sense. You have all this bad stuff going on around you but you don't worry that your colleague has gone off the map for a few days? Joan turns back up with no explanation of where she's been...she just wants her ...more
Adam Graham
The book was not without its strong points. I had to admire how conscientious Mitzy was. She believed that her efforts as a Realtor didn't just matter for her and her employees but that really she had a chance to have an effect on the lives of people everywhere by exposing fraud that was really hurting people.

Given the lowly reputation of Realtors, a character like Mitzy is refreshing. Unfortunately, our earnest realtor was really the only highlight and towards the end she got buried in a rushed
Miranda
The bare bones of this story had immense potential, with missing quartz countertops and Royal Romanov jewels, arson, Russian mafia, and a spunky main character stuck in the 80's, however, I'm afraid it did not rise to it.

Being the first in a series, I felt some of the characters needed more background information. At one point a character disappears for days, no one knows where she is, and when she resurfaces not a single person bothers to even ask her where she's been. Not even when the author
Bushra Zia
Do you need a second opinion on this book? Visit and explore www.oceanpearlbooks.wordpress.com. OceanPearl Books endeavors to provide well-informed book reviews, business readings, parenting tips, and consulting services for our clients worldwide. And it's all for Free!

OceanPearl Books - Book Review
The economy is down and Mitzy Neuhaus is struggling as the top selling realtor in Portland. However, she is determined to save one gorgeous mansion from foreclosure. Mitzy finds herself in an estate b
  • A Case of Imagination (Madeline Maclin #1)
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • Dead Pan (Daphne Martin, #2)
  • Murder In Half Moon Bay (A Jillian Bradley Mystery #1)
  • California Schemin' (A Bree MacGowan Mystery #2)
  • Life's a Beach Then You Die
  • Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • The Chronicles of Marr-nia (Short Stories Starring Barbara Marr)
  • Dolled Up For Murder (Gretchen Birch, #1)
  • At Large (Josephine Fuller, #3)
  • Cooking the Books (Sloane Templeton Mysteries #1)
  • Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb, #3)
  • 52 Steps To Murder (Dekker Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Fudge-Laced Felonies (Summer Meadows Mystery #1)
  • Progressive Dinner Deadly (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #2)
  • Ms America and the Offing on Oahu (Beauty Queen Mystery, #1)
  • For Love of Livvy (Esposito Mysteries, #1)
  • Any Port in a Storm (A Jolie Gentil Cozy Mystery, #4)
Traci Tyne Hilton is an award winning playwright, the author of The Mitzy Neuhaus Mystery series, a story teller, and children's ministry worker.

She earned her bachelors degree in history from Portland State University.
More about Traci Tyne Hilton...

The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries (4 books)
  • Eminent Domain (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries, #2)
  • Buyer's Remorse (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries, #3)
  • Frozen Assets (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries #4)

“She crept out of her car as quietly and carefully as a woman in stiletto boots wearing a puppy in a frontpack could.” 0 likes