Start by marking “Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava” as Want to Read:
Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava

Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava

The number one UK kindle smash hit. Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava reached number one in UK humour and number one in contemporary romance in March 2011.

Film fanatic Rob Smith is thirty-eight, newly single and on the wrong side of two marriages.
Rob's looking to get back into dating but quickly discovers that in the ten years he's been married the rules of the game have
Published (first published November 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava

Liz
May 27, 2011 Liz rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, 2011
Served its purpose, which was a quick and easy read to break up the other indepth reads I'd been struggling with. Not the worst of the cheap Kindle books I've tried, but not one I could highly recommend either. There were several plot holes and examples of poor writing that really frustrated me.
Jo
May 13, 2013 Jo rated it really liked it
Rob is single and after resisting for a while and a couple of "dates" he meets Jenny on an internet dating website

Jenny has an interesting family of 3 boys and it would be fair to say she has issues!!

It made a real change reading a chick-lit written from the male perspective, some laugh out loud moments and hence the 4 not a 3 star - but I enjoyed it and would happily read more from this author!

Jue
Mar 20, 2011 Jue rated it it was ok
I thought I was reading my story for the first few chapters and was relating to everything this guy was experiencing on the dating site/ scene, I could not read fast enough, then the story started to decline and although it was quite amusing,the story did not go anywhere and was crap, however, it was an easy read without having to think.
Peggy
Jan 29, 2017 Peggy rated it liked it
A quick and relaxing read. Of course, you wouldn't expect anything very deep from the book, and that is just fine. I do find it refreshing as well to read a relationship 'rom-com' from the male perspective.
Big Book Little Book
I chose this book because of the title. I figured it was going to make me laugh. I wasn't wrong there. I chortled my way through this book which follows the fortunes of Rob as he goes through a divorce (his second!) and contemplates his future. He decides to use the internet to meet someone and gets to know Jen. Jen is also divorced with 3 teenage boys and although it's not initially apparent - she has issues.

I enjoyed reading some 'chick lit' that's actually told from the male point of view. Ro
Tracey
Jun 06, 2012 Tracey rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and laughed so much but Jenny really annoyed me.. Jealous because her man looks at other women?? whats all that about.. then telling him to have a vasectomy because she didnt want children.. why didn't she get steralized? what if they split up and he wanted kids with his new love... I know it wasn't a true story but this really did annoy me.. Jenny was a very needy woman who needed a reet good slap lol...
April Mckaskle
Nov 19, 2012 April Mckaskle rated it really liked it
I must say I was skeptical as this is from a mans view..I laughed so hard I was crying..reading the "rabbit" scene I looked like a seal clapping and laughing so hard no sounds were coming out. This is such a good book. Great one liners and nice to hear from a mans point of view. Jenny was annoying but I loved Rob.
Joanne Nock
Apr 13, 2011 Joanne Nock rated it really liked it
Always interesting to hear a man's point of view in a relationship story. Enjoyed this, Rob was a likeable character, like most women recognised some of Jenny's traits. Could have lived without the paragraph reminding me how frustrating it is to be an Everton supporter !
Mike
Aug 08, 2015 Mike rated it really liked it
Liked this one, I think because it focused less on 'comic' set-pieces and more on a situation that you can very easily imagine happening, and often. The two main characters were credibly drawn, with some miles on the clock and years to build up their hang-ups and insecurities.
Richard Morrell
Oct 16, 2014 Richard Morrell rated it it was amazing
This was one of those purchases on Kindle that I took a bet on. What a read, having been that guy as a stepfather for a decade or more I totally got the karma and the disconnect of being in his shoes as well as feeling old before his time.

Totally recommended
Mark
Apr 21, 2013 Mark rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable and a little too real in places to be totally comfortable reading for me! Thoroughly recommended unless you are about to make the decision to become single. Wait until things are sorted before picking this book up :-)
Julia
Jul 17, 2012 Julia rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook
Wasn't terribly gripping. It had funny bits, but not enough to keep me interested for long. Also, the narrator/protagonist came across as whiny. And a lot of the time there was more telling than showing which made the text kinda flat for me.
Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but it wasn't horrible.
Lauren
Jun 07, 2016 Lauren rated it really liked it
It was a nice change to read a romantic comedy from a man's POV, and I did find it pretty funny at times. An easy read.
Ceri
Apr 09, 2011 Ceri rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Good book this, a really funny read, a boy meets girl and they have a relationship but told from the mans point of view. A male version of chick lit!!
Carly Tume
Nov 24, 2013 Carly Tume rated it really liked it
Brilliant love/comedy story told by a mans prospective rather than a woman's. Unbelievably funny and fills you on what a man really can be thinking!
Adri
May 05, 2013 Adri rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book very much. A light easy read, filled with good humour and an endearing sense of self-deprecation.

I will certainly read more books by this author.

It is really worth 3.7 stars.
Darren
Jan 29, 2012 Darren rated it it was amazing
Relationships from a man's perspective. As you might imagine, very funny!
Kerry Henn
Jan 02, 2015 Kerry Henn rated it liked it
Easy to read, enjoyable but nothing special
Bola
Mar 27, 2011 Bola rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, with its one liners. Had me smiling and laughing throughout the book. A must read.
May 22, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
Free book on kindle. Better than I expected for the genre. Made me laugh a lot. Many grammatical errors in the kindle version, was distracting.
Lorna
Apr 10, 2013 Lorna rated it really liked it
A good light hearted escape!
Lesley
Jul 04, 2012 Lesley rated it it was amazing
I work at Tesco and so the title caught my eye. A story of relationships as tolf, very well I might add, by a man! Fun and easy to read..
Trish Lynn
Trish Lynn rated it it was ok
Sep 25, 2011
Julia
Julia rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2012
Patuki123
Patuki123 rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2016
Grace
Grace rated it it was ok
Mar 15, 2015
Selina
Selina rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2011
Pete Coughtrie
Pete Coughtrie rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2017
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
May 03, 2015
Carl
Carl rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Love sex and tesco's finest 2 146 Nov 11, 2012 02:15AM
  • The Army Doctor's Forever Baby (Army Doctor's Baby, #0.5)
  • Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles, #1)
  • The Texan's Bride
  • Exposed: Misbehaving with the Magnate (Hot Bed of Scandal #1)
  • The Braddock Boys: Cody
  • Their Newborn Gift (Outback Baby Tales, #3)
  • Coffee, Tea, the Gypsy & Me
  • Pink Slips and Parting Gifts
  • Milkshake
  • The Ghost Hunters Club
  • Engagement Between Enemies (Illegitimate Heirs #1)
  • Tritium Gambit
  • Propositioned into a Foreign Affair (The Hudsons of Beverly Hills, #5)
  • Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road
  • Boomerang
  • Surgeon in a Tux (200 Harley Street, #1)
  • School for Scumbags
  • The Bridge (Brody Law, #1)