Start by marking “Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava” as Want to Read:
Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava

Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava

3.11 of 5 stars 3.11  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  19 reviews

The number one UK kindle smash hit. Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava reached number one in UK humour and number one in contemporary romance in March 2011.

Film fanatic Rob Smith is thirty-eight, newly single and on the wrong side of two marriages.
Rob's looking to get back into dating but quickly discovers that in the ten years he's been married the rules of the game have
Published (first published November 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Sex and Tesco's Finest Cava

Liz
May 29, 2011 Liz rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle, 2011
Served its purpose, which was a quick and easy read to break up the other indepth reads I'd been struggling with. Not the worst of the cheap Kindle books I've tried, but not one I could highly recommend either. There were several plot holes and examples of poor writing that really frustrated me.
Jo
Rob is single and after resisting for a while and a couple of "dates" he meets Jenny on an internet dating website

Jenny has an interesting family of 3 boys and it would be fair to say she has issues!!

It made a real change reading a chick-lit written from the male perspective, some laugh out loud moments and hence the 4 not a 3 star - but I enjoyed it and would happily read more from this author!

Jue
I thought I was reading my story for the first few chapters and was relating to everything this guy was experiencing on the dating site/ scene, I could not read fast enough, then the story started to decline and although it was quite amusing,the story did not go anywhere and was crap, however, it was an easy read without having to think.
Big Book Little Book
I chose this book because of the title. I figured it was going to make me laugh. I wasn't wrong there. I chortled my way through this book which follows the fortunes of Rob as he goes through a divorce (his second!) and contemplates his future. He decides to use the internet to meet someone and gets to know Jen. Jen is also divorced with 3 teenage boys and although it's not initially apparent - she has issues.

I enjoyed reading some 'chick lit' that's actually told from the male point of view. Ro
Richard Morrell
This was one of those purchases on Kindle that I took a bet on. What a read, having been that guy as a stepfather for a decade or more I totally got the karma and the disconnect of being in his shoes as well as feeling old before his time.

Totally recommended
Kerry Henn
Easy to read, enjoyable but nothing special
Tracey
I enjoyed this book and laughed so much but Jenny really annoyed me.. Jealous because her man looks at other women?? whats all that about.. then telling him to have a vasectomy because she didnt want children.. why didn't she get steralized? what if they split up and he wanted kids with his new love... I know it wasn't a true story but this really did annoy me.. Jenny was a very needy woman who needed a reet good slap lol...
April Mckaskle
I must say I was skeptical as this is from a mans view..I laughed so hard I was crying..reading the "rabbit" scene I looked like a seal clapping and laughing so hard no sounds were coming out. This is such a good book. Great one liners and nice to hear from a mans point of view. Jenny was annoying but I loved Rob.
Julia
Aug 28, 2012 Julia rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebook
Wasn't terribly gripping. It had funny bits, but not enough to keep me interested for long. Also, the narrator/protagonist came across as whiny. And a lot of the time there was more telling than showing which made the text kinda flat for me.
Wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but it wasn't horrible.
Joanne Nock
Always interesting to hear a man's point of view in a relationship story. Enjoyed this, Rob was a likeable character, like most women recognised some of Jenny's traits. Could have lived without the paragraph reminding me how frustrating it is to be an Everton supporter !
Mark
Very enjoyable and a little too real in places to be totally comfortable reading for me! Thoroughly recommended unless you are about to make the decision to become single. Wait until things are sorted before picking this book up :-)
Adri
I enjoyed the book very much. A light easy read, filled with good humour and an endearing sense of self-deprecation.

I will certainly read more books by this author.

It is really worth 3.7 stars.
Ceri
Good book this, a really funny read, a boy meets girl and they have a relationship but told from the mans point of view. A male version of chick lit!!
Carly Tume
Brilliant love/comedy story told by a mans prospective rather than a woman's. Unbelievably funny and fills you on what a man really can be thinking!
Free book on kindle. Better than I expected for the genre. Made me laugh a lot. Many grammatical errors in the kindle version, was distracting.
Lesley
I work at Tesco and so the title caught my eye. A story of relationships as tolf, very well I might add, by a man! Fun and easy to read..
Bola
I loved this book, with its one liners. Had me smiling and laughing throughout the book. A must read.
Darren
Relationships from a man's perspective. As you might imagine, very funny!
Lorna
A good light hearted escape!
David Steele
David Steele is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Alison Purslow
Alison Purslow marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Love sex and tesco's finest 2 146 Nov 11, 2012 02:15AM
  • The Texan's Bride
  • Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles, #1)
  • Exposed: Misbehaving with the Magnate (Hot Bed of Scandal #1)
  • The Braddock Boys: Cody
  • Their Newborn Gift (Outback Baby Tales, #3)
  • Forever Dreams  (Montana Brides, #1)
  • Woman Walks Into a Bar
  • Mia and the Powerful Greek (The Balfour Brides, #1)
  • The Warlizard Chronicles
  • Ish - Getting the 'Ish Out in the Open (VOL I)
  • A King in a Court of Fools
  • Milkshake
  • Boomerang
  • Mentalpause: ...and Other Midlife Laughs
  • Cinderella's Wedding Wish
  • Engagement Between Enemies
  • Rise of the Iron Eagle
  • Honeymoon With Harry
Finding Yourself in Seville All You Need To Know About Foreigners Time Flies Nevis Mountain Dew Profit from Experience