Start by marking “Reasoning from the Scriptures with the Jehovah's Witnesses” as Want to Read:
Reasoning from the Scriptures with the Jehovah's Witnesses

Reasoning from the Scriptures with the Jehovah's Witnesses

Many outstanding features make this the "complete "hands-on guide to sharing the truth of God's Word in a loving, gracious way. Includes favorite tactics used by the Witnesses and effective biblical responses.
Published July 1st 1993 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 1993)

Be the first to ask a question about Reasoning from the Scriptures with the Jehovah's Witnesses

Sherlindreah
Apr 18, 2015 Sherlindreah rated it did not like it
well well well...one thing is sure, this guy has got a very high diploma in sophism or how to present fallacious ideas with a seemingly perfect logic but actually just a big load of BS.I have no sympathy for the jehovah witnesses but I don't see how you can convince someone by making him read extracts from the Bible seeing that he has his own translation of the Bible and that his translation is different.
I also really really loved dr Rhodes epic sentences especially when he writes that men and w
Jerrill Wyler
Nov 06, 2014 Jerrill Wyler rated it it was amazing
Excellent resource to learn what the jws believe and how to communicate to them about the truth. Also a great resource for any Christian because it talks in detail about key doctrines and gives much scripture to back it up
Manuel Brambila
Sep 24, 2016 Manuel Brambila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything you need to know about the JW's is here. Easy to read and to understand. It was a pleasure to read and a powerful weapon to have studied.
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Aug 31, 2009 Unapologetic_Bookaholic rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: those with an interest in the Jehovah's Witness organization
***Pre-review***So far I can see that the author is relating his experience in a way that can teach and not 'point the blame' at this organization.

Finished review- Though complete in its assessment of using Scripture to unfold the "truth" about Jehovah's Witness. I did not think the author was user friendly enough for the average person to grasp the concept of how to approach a JW with the message of Christianity using his book. I felt you would have to have some biblical understanding yourself
M.
May 30, 2009 M. rated it it was ok
Just for full disclosure, I'm a fairly vocal atheist, thus this was anything but my particular cup of tea. However, it deserves better than a one star, which I was very tempted to give, if only for the amusement factor. Want a lesson in what cognitive dissonance is, read this little tome. Oy vey . . .
GilliansCafe
Jan 20, 2016 GilliansCafe rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to Share the REAL Jesus with JW's.
I finished the book and yet, not. See, this isn't one of those books that you finish and put away. Like so many other resource books, they can be used over and over. Especially with the project I've taken on lately.

Speaking of which, I'll be adding the next book I started, just as I was finished (sort of) reading Reasoning From the Scriptures W/JW's .
Josue Manriquez
Oct 12, 2013 Josue Manriquez rated it really liked it
I believe this is a great tool to have. No doubt much more could have been said for each passage of Scripture that Rhodes explained. Nevertheless, Rhodes does a great job "reasoning from the Scripture with Jehovah's witnesses."
Andy Field
Nov 01, 2014 Andy Field rated it really liked it
For those Christians who feel called to reason lovingly with Jehovah's Witnesses from the Scriptures rather than shut the door, this is an excellent book. Not an easy read but well worth persevering and keeping it handy for the time when the knock on the door comes.
Joseph
Feb 23, 2011 Joseph rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the book to read for interacting with Jehovah's Witnesses. The question format is still intact from the original edition. The chapters are expanded and this is helpful. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to be quickly equipped to share the truth of the Bible with the JW's at their door.
Debra
May 25, 2014 Debra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: apologetics
If you come from a mainstream Christian worldview, this book can help you answer the questions Jehovah's Witnesses might ask you. A great apologetic resource!
Gregory Johnston
Gregory Johnston rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2015
Shirley Swinth
Shirley Swinth rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2015
James Mayuga
James Mayuga rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2012
Alana Chamberlain
Alana Chamberlain rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Gil Burgos
Gil Burgos rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Victor Chininin
Victor Chininin rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2013
Brian
Brian rated it did not like it
Aug 01, 2010
Adam Mcnutt
Adam Mcnutt rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2012
Marisha
Marisha rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2013
Rod
Rod rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2012
Gabrielle
Gabrielle rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Chas
Chas rated it it was ok
Feb 22, 2014
Jon
Jon rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2012
marie-anne passarelli
marie-anne passarelli rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2017
Daniella Villafana
Daniella Villafana rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
Big Mike Lewis
Big Mike Lewis rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2009
David Johnston
David Johnston rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2011
Sam
Sam rated it it was ok
Aug 31, 2009
Cody
Cody rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2014
Aaron Daniel
Aaron Daniel rated it liked it
May 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Christian Theolog...: Mormons Vs. Jehovah's Witnesses? 114 46 May 25, 2013 03:53PM
  • Unveiling Islam: An Insider's Look at Muslim Life and Beliefs
  • A Ready Defense: The Best of Josh McDowell
  • The Face That Demonstrates the Farce of Evolution
  • When Critics Ask: A Popular Handbook on Bible Difficulties
  • No Other God: A Response to Open Theism
  • Every Thought Captive
  • The Genesis Record: A Scientific and Devotional Commentary on the Book of Beginnings
  • Star Trek: The Classic Episodes, Vol. 1 - The 25th-Anniversary Editions
  • What Love is This?: Calvinism's Misrepresentation of God
  • The Plight of Man & the Power of God
  • Language, Culture, and Communication: The Meaning of Messages
  • Living for God's Glory: An Introduction to Calvinism
  • Positively Pooh: Timeless Wisdom from Pooh (Winnie-the-Pooh)

“As we seek to interpret the meaning of this phrase, it is critical to keep in mind what other scriptures have to say about the distinction between the Father and the Son. For example, the New Testament calls Jesus “the Son” over 200 times. Moreover, the Father is considered by Jesus as someone other than Himself over 200 times in the New Testament. And over 50 times in the New Testament the Father and Son are seen to be distinct within the same verse (see, for example, Romans 15:6; 2 Corinthians 1:4; Galatians 1:2-3; Philippians 2:10-11; 1 John 2:1; 2 John 3).52” 0 likes
“Corinthians 8:6—“One God, the Father…One Lord, Jesus Christ” 0 likes