Start by marking “Lizard of Oz” as Want to Read:
Lizard of Oz

Lizard of Oz

When an elementary class sets out on a quest to save the world form disenchantment, their adventures reveal paradoxes of the human mind and ways of awakening the magic within us.
Published December 28th 1974 by B & R Samizdat Express (first published December 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Lizard of Oz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lizard of Oz

Halfempty
Oct 29, 2008 Halfempty rated it really liked it
This is one of those experiences that I begin to think was only in my head, except how could I make up such awful puns about potheads at a time when I believed that pots were only for boiling water? So eventually I bought a copy from abebooks.com to see if I was remembering it correctly. I was.

The Lizard of Oz is a ridiculous and entertaining book in which an elementary school class sets off on a quest to fight disenchantment...through 123 handwritten pages of absolutely dreadful puns that go o
Jh6p
Sep 18, 2008 Jh6p rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Liberal Parents and fans of Joseph Cambell
Recommended to Jh6p by: Richard Seltzer's Daughter
Young children will enjoy the ridiculous nonsensical situations. Older readers will enjoy the endless puns. Adults will wrestle with the political and social allegory. It is a rich book that starts out fun and gets a bit preachy at times, but ends with a positive message.
Aaron White
Aug 13, 2015 Aaron White rated it really liked it
Reading this book was a fun ride down the rabbit yellow brick pothole. It is a fun, re-imagining of several classic stories, told in a wizard of ozish tone, but set in the late sixties, early seventies. It is childish but also tackles some heavy issues. It made me want to pull out the peace-signs, grow my hair out, don the sandals and go for a hippie retreat in the desert to smoke a little something and discuss Plato, Snoopy, the Tao of Homer Simpson and other things.
David
David rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2015
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2013
Bethy
Bethy rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2008
RaphaelaLu
RaphaelaLu rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2008
Patrick
Patrick rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2012
Elle Wingate
Elle Wingate rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2012
Baer Bradford
Baer Bradford marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2009
LaToya Lang
LaToya Lang marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016