Start by marking “The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories” as Want to Read:
The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories

The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories (Addicted #2.5)

New York Times bestselling authors Mary Jo Putney and Kristin James join Charlotte Featherstone to bring you three sparkling stories of love found in the most unlikely of places—marriage!

The Wedding of the Century by MARY JO PUTNEY
Stunningly beautiful and extraordinarily wealthy, Sarah Vangelder had always wanted more for herself than to be sold into marriage for the price
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published May 24th 2011 by HQN Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories

Karla
Oct 11, 2011 Karla rated it really liked it
Recommended to Karla by: Kathleen

Review for: Seduced by Starlight by Charlotte Featherstone

It was so much fun being reunited with the wonderful characters from Addicted and Sinful. You know the saying "It's going to come back and bite you in the ass"? Well, it bit Matthew awfully hard...left a bruise...maybe even broke the skin. HA! Blossom, Matthew's daughter, has become a sinful obsession for Jase, Lindsay's son, and you could say he's addicted to her! One of the most amusing moments in the book is a conversation between Mat
Rane
Mar 18, 2011 Rane rated it really liked it
When I first started to read this anthology, I kept getting this feeling that I read this somewhere, and after reading another GR friends comment, I dawned on me I have read the first two of the stories!

The Wedding of the Century by Mary Jo Putney gives a new takes on an old tragic story, but this time with a true happy ever after. 4 Stars

Jesse's wife by Kristin James was very sweet, and it was fun to revist. I did get a tad bored toward the ending. 3 Stars

Seduced by Twilight by Charlotte F
Corandra

Seducida a la luz de las estrellas

CHARLOTTE FEATHERSTONE

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Check out my review and my AWESOME blog here!

Overall anthology mark 4 Stars

This anthology is three stories on what happens after the wedding, when perhaps the hero and heroine didn't quite have the best start, but somehow end up walking the aisle anyways. Can these three couples fall in love despite the circumstances that brought them together?

The Wedding of the Century by Mary Jo Putney
3 Stars

This is a my first Mary Jo Putney book and although it didn't set my world a light it was quite nice
Kristen
Oct 11, 2011 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who loved the books Addicted and Sinful
4 stars for Suduced by Starlight

I was excited to learn Charlotte Featherstone wrote a short novella that was included in an anthology that was released a few months ago. Suduced by Starlight is the love story between Jase, Lindsay and Anais son from Addicted, and Blossom, Matthew and Jane's daughter from Sinful. It was a delight to be given a glimpse into their lives 20 years down the road.

I enjoyed this sweet and sexy love story. Blossom and Jase were fun and richly developed characters. They
Alycia
My overall rating for this anthology is 4 stars. I wanted to read this book for Charlotte Featherstone's story, Seduced by Starlight. If you loved Addicted and Sinful then I definitely recommend picking up a copy and reading S by S. It was wonderful returning to the world of Addicted and Sinful and seeing Jane & Matthew and Anias & Lindsay. It was also a treat to watch their children fall in love. It wasn't always easy, there were a few bumps in the road but I fell in love with Jase and ...more
Cheryl
This review is for Charlotte Featherstone's Seduced by Starlight only. 4 1/2 stars!!

Charlotte Featherstone is one of my favorite authors... she writes beautiful, poetic, emotional love stories. And even though this particular story is short, it doesn't skimp on my favorite aspects of her stories.

I loved the story about Jase and Blossom. I loved the fact that Blossom and Jase both had secret crushes on one another as they were growing up, and that Jase couldn't act on his feelings toward her -esp
Jennifer Leighton
The following refers to Seduced by Starlight by Charlotte Featherstone:

LOVED this little story about Matthew and Jane's daughter Blossom and Lindsay and Anais' son Jace! (From "Sinful" and "Addicted")

It was so fun to see Matthew as the doting, over-protective father. Well, well, Wallingford, it seems some of the rakishness of your youth came back to bite you, LOL.

I found it quite hilarious when Matthew and Lindsay spoke of their own ravishment of virgins back in the day. Somehow it hadn’t seem
Nikki
3 stars for Seduced by Starlight.

A too short novella based on the love story of Matthew from Sinful's daughter and Lindsay from Addicted's son. This could have been amazing and magical but the length restriction didn't allow it to soar.
Ellie
Ok - WOW! I am giving this 5 stars based on how much I enjoyed the first two stories.

The Wedding of the Century was an absolute joy to read. I loved it. I can hardly explain everything I liked about the story so I'm going to try my best.

Although the mistaken assumptions plot is quite common, the author takes it somewhere different. I loved that the sex didn't solve anything, even with time, and may have made some things worse. The characters were great and the reader gets to see them develop an
Jaime
Jun 13, 2011 Jaime rated it really liked it
This anthology is a little unusual in that it showcases post-nuptial romance. I own the collection strictly for the first selection, The Wedding of the Century, by Mary Jo Putney, which is a 5-star offering, and quite a serious departure from the usual fluff of romance novels.

In it, the married pair are admirable, likable people, yet unable to find their way to each other because of the social constraints common for their time. The premise is an American heiress pressured by her society-consciou
Kelly
Mar 24, 2011 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Review of Seduced by Starlight -

This is so hard to say but I didn't love it! In fact I tinkered with the thought of giving this 2 stars :( That is so upsetting because both Addicted by Charlotte Featherstoneand Sinful by Charlotte Featherstonewere 5 star reads for me. The later being one of my all time favorite romances.

I actually read this in one sitting and that says something so I gave it the bump to 3 stars.

Now for what I didn't like. I thought it was really meaty in length for a short and that is where my problem lies. I found lack of character develo
Virginia
Jul 08, 2012 Virginia rated it liked it
The first and last story were well done and well-written. The middle western seemed out of nowhere and facile. What a strange compilation, I must say. Other than the first story, I really can't see how the other two fit with the theme. Or perhaps it was just a way to sell stories? The first two were written in 1994 and the last one, 2011. So odd. At any rate, I may check out more of Featherstone's work. (Although I find her name fake sounding!)
Erika
Apr 06, 2016 Erika marked it as to-read
Want to read: Jessie's Wife. Virgin hero. :)
Caroline The HEA Lover
May 09, 2011 Caroline The HEA Lover rated it really liked it
(This review was originally posted on Book Lovers Inc)

The Wedding of the Century by MARY JO PUTNEY
This is the first time I read something by Mary Jo Putney and I'm glad to say it won't be the last. I really like her writing style. We meet Sarah, an American young lady, at a party in England, she's young, beautiful and loved by everyone. Justin is the Duke's brother, he's in the shadow, he's the one running the estate while his brother parade away. When he meet Sarah he's attracted to her, but sh
Emily
Read Putney's "Wedding of the Century." Good, but it seemed to lack a little something.
Bliss
Jun 08, 2017 Bliss rated it really liked it
Charlotte Featherstone's Seduced by Starlight

Lovely! :D
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
Nicole
Jun 09, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/06/10/...

Publisher: HQN
Publish Date: Out now
How I got this book: NetGalley

This was an eclectic group of short stories, but I loved! This anthology features three short stories about couples who all marry under strenuous circumstances, and come out on top!

The Wedding of the Century by Mary Jo Putney kicks off the anthology with Sunny and Justin, an American heiress and 2nd son of a duke. They meet briefly and go their separate ways. Wh
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
A railroad heiress betrothed to the Gargoyle, a rancher’s daughter chooses marriage over scandal, and a rake is given a second chance to win the woman he’s loved since childhood.

Romance at its best and passion that pulls you into its depths. Prepare to be swept away on a tide of breath taking first love, heart ache, betrayal, sweet romance, courtship and passion. The talented minds of Mary Jo Putney, Kristin James and Charlotte Featherstone have graced us with a terrific anthology of stories th
Bookworm1858
Apr 12, 2011 Bookworm1858 rated it it was amazing
The Wedding of the Century and Other Stories by Mary Jo Putney, Kristin James, and Charlotte Featherstone
Harlequin Books, 2011
381 pages
Romance; Historical
5/5 stars

Source: Received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Summary: Misunderstandings abound in these three lovely romance stories.

The Wedding of the Century by Mary Jo Putney: 5/5 stars
This is a classic story of misunderstandings and miscommunications, which ordinarily drives me crazy. Why can't the hero and heroine just t
Naima
Oct 17, 2016 Naima rated it really liked it
Sebenarnya baru baca yang judul the wedding of the century karya MJP dan sepertinya aku jatuh cinta sama Justin, duke of thornborough. Memang dia dideskripsikan tidak begitu tampan, jarang tersenyum dan tidak tinggi. Tapi apa yang dilakukannya pada wanita yang dicintainya membuatku menahan nafas. Justin tidak banyak omong, he is much doer than talker.

Permasalahan di novel ini adalah baik si pria dan wanitanya sama2 menahan diri untuk tidak banyak mengungkapkan emosi mereka. Sehingga akhirnya mer
Cherie
Oct 30, 2012 Cherie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
I got this from the library to see if I'd like it. Well, I liked it so much I bought it. I am familiar with Mary Jo Putney and currently Charlotte Featherstone but this is my first time reading Kristin James. In all three stories, the marriage is to avoid or minimize scandal and in each, the hero is more willing than the heroine which I like.

"Wedding of the Century" involves an heiress and a second son. At first she is interested in another but he is smitten by her. His brother, the heir dies an
Lynn Spencer
Mar 14, 2014 Lynn Spencer rated it really liked it
I'd already read the Putney and James stories from this collection in another anthology years ago. However, both are very good stories so I was happy to revisit them.

The Wedding of the Century (Putney) features a titled, impoverished British aristocrat marrying a fabulously wealthy American heiress. He needs to marry for money, but he actually does love the woman he chooses. However, she thinks they married only for money. Usually when a romance revolves around Big Misunderstandings and a couple
Dwayne
Jun 27, 2011 Dwayne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book-copy
Of all literature genres, romance is probably my favourite. Of all the romances, historical is what I definitely favour. And of all the historical romances I adore those which feature couples finding unexpected love in marriages. So right off the bat you know that Wedding of the Century is just my type of book!

These three stories are so terribly romantic they make me want to swoon by just thinking about them. I dare say it appeals very much to my feminine sensibilities to read about a hero who l
Cleffairy
Apr 07, 2011 Cleffairy rated it liked it
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea

Review link: http://cleffairy.com/?p=5111

Wedding of the Century and Other Stories is an anthology of stories written by Mary Jo Putney, Kristin James & Charlotte Featherstone. There’s 3 stories in this book, and I found all of the stories are irresistibly heartwarming.

The first story, The Wedding of The Century by Mary Jo Putney stays true to the Harlequin tradition where sometimes, love comes after marriage. The story theme was based on marriage of convenience.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Jun 14, 2011 Jo (Mixed Book Bag) rated it liked it
Wedding of the Century is a recent anthology where the stories have the same theme. In each story the hero has been in love with the heroin for a long time but for some reason had to hide his feelings.

In Wedding of the Century by Mary Jo Putney Justin Aubrey met Sarah Vangelder when he was the second son of a Duke. Sarah’s Mother was looking higher than a second son so Justin made no moves in Sarah’s direction until his brother died.

Jesse’s Wife by Kristin James is set in the American West. Jess
Janice Liedl
May 30, 2013 Janice Liedl rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
The anthology came recommended out of some discussion on SBTB - I'm glad that I read it. The first two stories, by Mary Jo Putney and Kristin James, were sweet romantic historicals. Putney's piece looked at the relationship between an American heiress and an English nobleman suddenly elevated to his family's title after his brother's untimely death. There's a lot of miscommunication (maybe a lot of misinformation given to the heroine) which keeps them at odds until the conclusion, but Sunny rema ...more
Bibliothekerin
The title of the book is also the title of Putney's short story, which took place at the Turn-of the Century, the Gilded Age--the age of the Astors and other rich families of New York City, who summered in their mansion "cottages" of Newport, Rhode Island. The generation that bartered its daughters to save the English aristocracy--cash for titles.
The American press dubbed the most fabulous wedding "the Wedding of the Century." It was an age of excess, glamour, beauty and innocence--the Belle Epo
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review (including reviews of individual stories), please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: May 31, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin
Imprint: HQN
Author's Website:

My Source for This Book: Netgalley

While none of the stories actually blew me away, I loved that the overall theme was the Hero In Pursuit and Unrequited Love. Combining those two themes with other
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Yours 2 Keep
  • Royal Weddings
  • The Pleasure Garden
  • Jinxed!
  • A Midsummer Night's Sin (Blackthorn Brothers #2)
  • The Man from Gossamer Ridge  (Cooper, #6)
  • All About Seduction
  • Holiday Kisses: This Time Next Year\A Rare Gift\It's Not Christmas Without You\Mistletoe and Margaritas (Holloway #1)
  • A Vampire for Christmas (Includes: Sweetblood, #2.5)
  • Dear Maggie
  • A Vampire's Salvation (Vampire, #4)
  • One Week As Lovers (Somerhart, #3)
  • Her Notorious Viscount (Stoneworth, #1)
  • Forever a Lord (The Rumor, #3)
  • One Night Scandal (The Spinster Club, #5)
  • The Duke Diaries (Royal Entourage, #3)
  • The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)
Hi I write erotic historical romance for Harlequin Spice, as well as erotic paranormal romance under the name Sophie Renwick. In 2011, I'll be debuting my mainstream, Victorian set historicals through HQN.

I love talking about books, and have found some new friends, and really good book recommends here on Goodreads. I really love this community.

More about Charlotte Featherstone...

Addicted (2 books)