Penyatuan Dua Hati (The Pursuit) - Sherring Cross Series Book 3

Penyatuan Dua Hati (The Pursuit) - Sherring Cross Series Book 3 (Sherring Cross #3)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  2,722 ratings  ·  92 reviews
Melissa MacGregor sudah memasuki usia yang cukup untuk menikah, namun sampai saat ini ia belum memiliki calon yang sesuai karena semua laki-laki yang mendekatinya lari ketakutan setelah bertemu dengan paman-pamannya yang sangat protektif. Melissa tidak keberatan dengan sikap paman-pamannya itu sampai ia bertemu dengan Lincoln Ross Burnett.

Lincoln Ross Burnett tidak pernah...more
Published 2010 by Dastan Books (first published 2002)

Christine
Even on a brainless level, this was bad. Mostly, I was just so bored. The tension was pitifully weak, and completely hinged on external forces.

Let me back up and give you a brief overview: Lincoln falls in love with Melissa at first sight, and visa versa. The trouble is she has 16 uncles who don't like him because of something he did when he was 10. It was largely a misunderstanding, but they think he's crazy because he wouldn't stop fighting him even when he was beaten to a bloody pulp. No one...more
Amy
I think this was actually my second time thru this story, but Johanna Lindsey writes such good ones, its hard to take a break, the 2nd time thru as well.
She always makes such enjoyable Scottsmen. They are charming to follow along.
Ages ago, I read the story that brought Melanie's parents together, and now I'm following their daughter. It would be good to read about Kimberly's brothers and how they fair with romance and marriage.
It was a shame Linc had to wait so long to get the approval of Lachl...more
Ruth
cute fun read - refreshing change of pace H/H meet early and fall in love - its not the big misunderstanding but external influences they have to overcome.
Tealen
Not her best work. It was too forced to get all the characters into this sequel. I enjoyed the first two in this series much much better.
Tamra LeValley
I love Johanna Lindsey novels but this one just fell so short of my expectations. Every author has to have a dud and this one is it for sure.

A man who has had a rough up bringing. Separated from his mother after his fathers death. All because of a misunderstanding with his one and only friend. He has finally found the woman he will marry until he finds out that she is the niece of his enemies. How can he win them all over?

As usual the author does a fantastic job with the writing and the characte...more
Judy
Fiary
'Seringkali asumsi, persepsi, dan prasangka , membuat manusia cenderung memberi kesimpulan dan cap/stigma mengenai sifat, karakter seseorang.'

Membaca sinopsisnya sepintas mengingatkan cerita film Satu Mawar Tiga Duri. Cerita tentang keponakan yang dikagumi banyak pria dan kemudian para pengagumnya itu mundur teratur setelah berhadapan dengan para paman yang dengan berbagai lagak dan aksi berusaha memupuskan harapan para pengagum keponakannya.

Namun demikian cerita The Pursuit tidak sesederhana i...more
Katherine St. Vincent 黄爱芬
Melissa MacGregor seumur hidupnya diproteksi oleh paman-pamannya sehingga tidak seorang pria pun berani mendekatinya. Hingga menyebabkan Melissa diboyong ke London utk mencari suami. Sebelumnya Melissa sudah menemukan tambatan hatinya yaitu Lincoln Burnett. Lincoln pun mengejar Melissa setelah mendapatkan izin dari Lachlan, ayah Melissa.

Namun tidak semudah itu Lincoln mengejar Melissa. Paman-paman Melissa tidak sudi Lincoln bersanding dengan satu-satunya keponakan perempuan mereka. Lagipula terb...more
Natha
Walaupun ngga membuatku nagih dalam membaca ulang selepas menyelesaikannya dalam satu kali, tetap saja ceritanya oke menurutku.
Ada satu sisi dimana aku suka kedua tokohnya sudah saling mencinta, pasti bisa bersatu dengan mudah karena hubungan mereka yang memang sudah saling terikat, tapi di sisi lain, keduanya tak bisa bersatu karena sebuah kesalahpahaman di masa lalu. Agak gemesin seh memang.
Mulai adegan dimana Melissa bersedia untuk terjun ke danau karena ingin menyelamatkan Lincoln justru b...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
When Melissa MacGregor and Lincoln Ross Burnett met they knew they were distined to be together. When Lincoln found out Melissa was having a season in London he was quite happy with the idea because he was to be a chaperone to his cousin for the season and he was sure they would meet pretty fast at one of the venues - but it didn't quite happen that way as Melissa was being sponsored by a Duchess and was moving in different circles to Lincoln. When they did eventually manage to meet they were qu...more
Yola NY
Gwen
J'ai adoré ce tome et la série !!
Lindsey est une excellente auteure ! Toujours un énorme plaisir de la lire !!
Les oncles vont faire tout ce qu'il peuvent pour que Lincoln ne puisse pas courtiser leur nièce, sans que cette dernière le sache. Ils considèrent Lincoln comme étant cinglé, fou...
Je m'attendais à une plus grosse crise de nerfs de la part de l’héroïne quant elle apprend ce que font ces oncles à ces prétendants et notamment à Lincoln.
J'ai beaucoup aimé le héros, il est attachant car il s...more
Usagi77777772003 Chi
This book was sooo boring/pointless with NO chemistry btw the two leads!!! I first read this a long time ago and what I remembered as clear as day was being unable to finish because of its lackluster characters. Prime example of a terribly executed story (tho the plot was lame as well) with passionless leads. I could care less about the heroine's numerous protectors, trying to keep her away from the H all because of some stupid misconception that he was crazy. But then again, it's not as if I wa...more
Kristina
I've read a few historical romances before, and I have to say, that this is the first time I encountered a hero and heroine who both loved each other from the start. I mean the stories I read before usually dealt with a man in love with a woman, or a woman in love with a man, or both completely hating each other- until they fall in love that is. This book however, told a story of a man and a woman so in love but cannot be together because of some unusual obstacles. It did not quite tell a story...more
Imaginarybee
Katherine Bone
Oh! Audio books you complete me! Returning to my romance roots, I selected Johanna Lindsey's book, The Pursuit, narrated by Michael Page. Och, the brogue!!! Nearly 20 Scottish men trying to protect their niece! Alpha mania, me hearties!!! Who could ask for more? Let me tell you, Ms. Lindsey's stories resonate with me so much. Hero Lincoln's past holds him tighter than the tightest ship's knot. Heroine Melissa knows what she wants and will stop at nothing to get it, even though her uncles hold a...more
Jody Austin
First, of all I love Johanna Lindsey. I have all of her books in
hardback. Second of all, this is the lowest rating I have ever given. This story is the third story after "Man of my Dreams" and "Love me Forever." I truly enjoyed the previous two and was all set to enjoy this one, but I simply could not get into it. There was just not enough interaction between Melissa and Lincoln. All the attention seemed to be focused on the brothers/uncles (who by the way I got tired of immediately
after their i...more
Sandra
I just didn't like this one. The Hero, Lincoln, whilst visiting his former home in Scotland, comes across the heroine, Melissa, who is with some of her family, and without knowing her at all starts thinking how to set her up in a cottage as his mistress.

He mentions her to his family in passing later that day and they immediately start planning their wedding. So he decides to go find her and propose. It's just plain silly.

Then comes all the angst of 19 years (the time he's been away from Scotland...more
Aileen
La verdad es que esperaba un poco más de este final, pero no logró superar a los otros dos primeros libros.

Melissa y Lincton on personajes débiles, que no pueden competir con los anteriores, lamentablemente. Pee a eso es un libro de lectura rápida y diverida.
Ashley
Johanna Lindsey is one of my favorite authors period. Not just one of my favorite romance authors but in general. But this book drove me crazy! Melissa's brothers are so annoying I could barely stand reading about them. And the whole basis for why they hate Lincoln. He was TEN years old when everything went down. I would never ever hold a person accountable for something that happened when they were TEN! And it just kept going and going. Everytime I started thinking that one conflict was being r...more
Amelia-Irene
Melissa Mac Gregor has to come out in the London Social scene. She's tried finding a husband in her homeland of Scotland, but with 17 uncles to vet the contenders, nobody came back for a second visit. On visiting her grandfather's estate, she meets Lincoln doing a visit in the area.

Lincoln is visiting his birthplace for the first time in over 10 years and goes over to the neighboring estate for a "trip down memory lane", where he meets Melissa.

Melissa is totally taken with Lincoln and upon lear...more
LJ
The Pursuit - Ok
Johanna Lindsey
A lighthearted romp about the effects of a childhood misunderstanding that became a major feud. When Lincoln, Viscount Cambury, meets Melissa, it is love at first sight for both of them. However, their courtship is complicated because 20 years earlier her 16 uncles had become Lincoln's enemies even though they were just children. Now, the fellows are smotheringly protective of their only niece, and the couple does not have much time together as the entourage moves...more
I have always enjoyed reading Johanna Lindsey's books, but if this had been the first one I read, it would have been my last.
Helen
A tale of love, hate, frustration, determination and lies all twisted together in a book you won't want to put down.
Crystal Bennett
Cute, but a touch campy. Still enjoyed it, though.
Farshana Sihab
Usual Fun loving Scotsmen and humor and witty story!
Cristina Contilli
"Se la ami troverai un modo. Ingoia il tuo orgoglio, se devi, ma parlale con il cuore." Era proprio quello che avrebbe fatto. L'avrebbe costretta ad ascoltarlo. Le avrebbe confessato che non l'aveva mai odiata, che la rabbia e il dolore che lei gli aveva procurato per averlo usato erano solo una finzione."

Carino, ma niente di eccezionale anche perché la mia impressione è che l'autrice abbia estremizzato un po' troppo il meccanismo "apparentemente ti odio, ma in realtà ti amo." tipico di molti r...more
Marika
I really liked it. It was a little bit slow, but I think that kinda added to the story in a weird way. Johanna is one of my favorite authors in this genre. There are many reasons why I like her, and one of them is that there is not alway a bad guy that goes after the girl/gets in the way, most of the time its the main character(s) that gets in their own way of finding or keeping "love". The Sherring Cross books are I think my favorite so far by Johanna Lindsey and I recommend these books to anyo...more
Rachel
Just kind of boring.
20012206
La verdad es mala, creo me leí las primeras 40 páginas y después salte hasta el final para ver como terminaba, y realmente no me perdí de nada
  • Night Shadow (Night Trilogy, #2)
  • To Distraction (Bastion Club, #5)
  • Guardian Angel (Crown's Spies, #2)
  • The Wedding Game (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters, #3)
  • Insatiable
  • The Book of Scandal (The Scandalous Series, #1)
  • Priceless
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom...more
More about Johanna Lindsey...
Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3) Prisoner of My Desire Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1) Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2) The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)