Start by marking “Tutti i racconti” as Want to Read:
Tutti i racconti

Tutti i racconti

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  8,420 ratings  ·  185 reviews
Ideali "in parte per bambini e in parte per coloro che hanno mantenuto la capacità fanciullesca della gioia e dello stupore", i racconti raccolti nel volume hanno conosciuto numerosi adattamenti cinematografici, televisivi e teatrali. Ammaestramento morale e eleganza stilistica convivono felicemente nelle raccolte.

Il delitto di Lord Arthur Savile;
Il fantasma di C
Paperback, Edizione integrale - Biblioteca economica Newton Classici #104 , 192 pages
Published January 1st 1997 by Newton & Compton (first published 1888)

To ask other readers questions about Tutti i racconti, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tutti i racconti

I came upon it in my grandmother's library when I was a kid. Read it furtively, convinced it was dangerous stuff. Read it compulsively, swept away.
Arun Divakar
This is a book that I have been waiting to read for a while now for two reasons. The first is the need to read up on fairy tales from across the World. This was one of those interests that was forever doomed to be in the attic of my mind. I would glance at my wish list and keep the fairy tales aside for just one more time. So finally I mustered up enough resolve and got this book to read. The second reason was that I hadn’t read anything by Oscar Wilde yet and thought of starting from here. It c ...more
Aug 28, 2007 Heidi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sensitive souls
It's sometimes hard to read--you can almost see Oscar Wilde mentally beating himself up while he's writing some of these stories, particularly when he writes about beauty. He wrote some of these while in prison, after all. But they're beautiful stories, and my favorite has always been The Happy Prince. Never fails to make me cry.
David Edmonds
I'll admit up front that I've never read anything by Oscar Wilde before now, and I think that I'm sorry that I've waited this long. I thoroughly enjoyed his fairy tales, and even found myself underlining multiple passages in the book for future reference. I felt that his insight into life and love and all the joy and troubles that come with both was quite remarkable and still very relevant for our time, even though these stories were written over 100 years ago. I'm sure that if I were more verse ...more
What I learned:
I have been in a fit of deliberation as to how I would rate these tales. I am ashamed to say that I first wanted to give this five stars for the mere magnificence of the author. I say ashamed because ever since the preface of The Picture of Dorian Gray, I have shared a belief that, although an artist cannot ever create a piece of art without putting his or her self into it, each piece of art can and should only ever be criticized for the ideas it has been loaned. I have thankfully
This collection comprises both the Happy Prince compilation and the House of Pomegranates compilation of Oscar Wilde's short stories. I suppose this wonderful collection has been buried so long because of Wilde's sexual orientation. That's so sad because it means that millions of children growing up over the past several decades have missed experiencing these tales. I'm glad to see that the collection is back in print and have finally found it in my local bookstore.

The "Complete Fairy Tales of O
"The Selfish Giant" and "The Happiest Prince" are some of the best stories ever written. Poor, tortured Oscar Wilde--how did he turn out such beautiful stuff??? A beautiful soul in a tormented body perhaps. I love these stories--everyone should read them multiple times.
*4,5 Stars*

Recensione sul BLOG: http://tra-le-pagine-dei-libri.blogsp...

Oscar Wilde mi conquistò tempo fa con Il Ritratto di Dorian Gray e da allora la mia ossessione è solo cresciuta maggiormente.
Il libro è una raccolta di tutti i suoi brevi racconti o meglio dire fiabe.
I personaggi sono sia reali, sia fantastici: giganti, animali che parlano, principi, fantasmi.
Ogni storia ha il compito di insegnare qualcosa, infatti è proprio lo scopo dell'autore: insegnare una morale di vita.
Di questi avevo
I enjoyed these tales. Each is a credit to the wonderful and dark mind of Oscar Wilde. Although each tale is "typical" in the fairy tale style, Oscar Wilde has added his particular style and flair to them. Slightly off the norm, with a twist of dark.
Love love love! Very, very depressing though. It you want a cute story, don't turn to this. The cutest sounding one in the book is "The Nightingale and the Rose", and guess what: The Nightingale ends up dieing in the end. Such good stories, but be prepared.
Während Ich Mein Tattoo von Nachtigall und Rose bekam, Hab ich Das Buch gelesen. Sehr epische Erfahrung ;)
Best fairy tales ever...just perfect and thoughtful and glorious and irreverent and sad and clever.
My very favorite is "The Happy Prince". Such love and compassion!
I read this book because it was recommended by a friend with wonderful taste. I definitely loved the stories, somehow Wilde's style lends itself to this type of story where the symbolism and descriptions have to carry the meaning behind the tales. They were definitely interesting stories that sometimes made me wonder if I was taking them too seriously (I can imagine Wilde sitting back and smirking to himself as he wrote them. . . )

Anyway, one story about an obnoxious rocket bragging to all the o
Buku ini terdiri dari sembilan cerita yang berjudul:

Pangeran yang selalu Bahagia
Burung layang-layang itu terbang kembali ke Pangeran yang selalu Bahagia itu, dan melaporkan apa yang telah dikerjakannya. “Aneh sekali,” katanya, “rasanya udara lebih hangat sekarang, meskipun dingin sekali.”
“Karena kau telah berbuat baik,” kata Pangeran. Dan burung layang-layang kecil itu termenung.(Hal.9)

Raksasa yang Egois
Raksasa itu akhirnya mengerti, tawa ceria kanak-kanaklah yang memperindah kebunnya yang luas.
I might be very boring and predictable, but hey, it's obvious: I mainly remember "The Happy Prince" and "The Selfish Giant" among all the stories. Which is why I didn't click all the 5 stars, I guess (shame on me). I must be honest and say that even nowadays - and long gone are the childhood days - I end up crying whenever I read these two stories. Wilde was a great character as well as a writer, so modern they couldn't understand him at his times, but here he seems to be sitting back, relax, ta ...more
Maja Shinigami
Idealno nakon Metabaruna za vrijeme trudnoće.
The Happy Prince was my fav :)
Lenny Husen
Oh, Oscar Wilde. These stories are heartbreaking, every single one pretty much, but beyond marvelous. Eerie, haunting, and so unique. I read this in the 1990's I think, but had a record of an abridged version of the Happy Prince that I listened to over and over as a child. That is my favorite of these tales.
Any fan of OW needs to own this, and I am a big fan.
Charles Mendez
I think Wilde's fairy tales had a three-fold agenda: to revisit the beautiful, playlike, and innocent imagination of a child, to expose the redemption of the cross uniquely and sentimentally, and to slander upper-class society. He's successful on all three accounts. A book you can gather an audience by reading aloud.
The Devoted Friend and The Nightingale and The Rose were over-the-top, needlessly, self-sacrificing. The Birthday of the Infanta portrayed over-the-top selfishness. Both were too far in the extreme for me to enjoy. The Happy Prince had a relatable motivation for his self-sacrificing that made the story more endearing.

The Remarkable Rocket indeed showed the vices of egotism and arrogance, and was just as irritating to read as it is to be with a person of the same character.

The Selfish Giant, The

Iesāku lasīt šīs pasakas jau rudenī, tās bija manas sabiedortās braucienos vilcienā. Izvēlējos grāmatu tāpēc, ka tā ir maziņa, ko viegli pārnēsāt līdzi, un vēlējos palasīt kaut ko angļu valodā. Nebiju gaidījusi, ka man iepatiksies šīs pasakas. Tajās saskatāms austrumniecisks vilinājums, ironija, un galvenokārt morāle.
Grāmata iedalīta divās daļās: The Happy Prince un A House Of Pomegranates, kurās abās kopā ir 9 pasakas. Visvairāk atmiņā palikušās pasakas: The Happy Prince (atminos bērnībā skat
Short stories for children - though I would recommend for older children. May have to borrow someone's children to try one or two out on...would be interesting to see how today's children interpret these stories (I myself am still struggling with "The Nightingale and the Rose").
Entertaining Literary Gems for Social Reform

This version comprises all 9 of Wilde's fairy tales, which were
originally published as two separate anthologies: THE HAPPY PRINCE (5 tales) and THE HOUSE OF POMEGRANATES (4). At least three of these tales have appeared as individual storybooks with colorful illustrations: The Happy Prince, The Selfish Giant and The Star Child. The stories in the first collection are shorter and more likely meant--on the surface at least--for younger readers.

The gifted
A bit more preachy and simplistic than his other work. More interesting if you put it into context of society at the time and Wilde as a person.
Like I said in my review of his plays, Wilde is better in some of his works than others; his short fairy tales included. Some are very well thought out with a clear story arch and a moral (the happy prince, the selfish giant, the nightingale and the rose) and some are altogether more obscure or abrupt in their storylines. However all give much to ponder over and I appreciate that. I would say that kids would enjoy them to a point but the richness of the message Wilde is trying to convey is not a ...more
Fluffy Mr Wilde very nicely written but sugar sweet.
Fairytales, but certainly not for children.
Fauzy Mubarok
Dongeng yang dibuat oleh Oscar Wilde benar-benar menggugah imajinasi, terutama dalam membayangkan kaum kerajaan yang mewah di negeri Eropa sana. Kisahnya begitu menyentuh, membuat kita mempertanyakan kembali apa arti kehidupan kita ini sebenarnya. Alurnya tidak seperti dongeng kebanyakan yang berakhir bahagia, alurnya benar-benar tidak tertebak. Kadang kita diajak untuk berkenalan dengan sesuatu, berjalan ke sesuatu tempat, barulah kepada ending ceritanya. Ending dari 9 dongengnya benar-benar sa ...more

This version comprises all 9 of Wilde's fairy tales, which were

The gifted so
Goodreads Librari...: Combine kindle editions? 2 13 Oct 26, 2015 03:09PM
  • Russian Fairy Tales (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
  • Perrault's Fairy Tales
  • The Oxford Book of Modern Fairy Tales
  • Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella & Other Classic Fairy Tales of Charles Perrault
  • Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: Women Writers Explore Their Favorite Fairy Tales
  • The Oxford Companion to Fairy Tales
  • English Fairy Tales
  • Irish Fairy and Folk Tales
  • The Green Fairy Book
  • Forbidden Journeys: Fairy Tales and Fantasies by Victorian Women Writers
  • The Classic Fairy Tales
  • The Victorian Fairy Tale Book (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
  • Red as Blood, or Tales from the Sisters Grimmer
  • Black Heart, Ivory Bones
  • Folktales from India (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde was an Irish playwright, poet and author of numerous short stories and one novel. Known for his biting wit, and a plentitude of aphorisms, he became one of the most successful playwrights of the late Victorian era in London, and one of the greatest celebrities of his day. Several of his plays continue to be widely performed, especially The Importance of Being E ...more
More about Oscar Wilde...

“Love is not fashionable anymore; the poets have killed it.” 49 likes