Start by marking “A Work in Progress” as Want to Read:
A Work in Progress

A Work in Progress

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  20 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Jeremy Jackson is an average man, like most of us, living a life dedicated to his family and work. During what appears to be a routine business trip to Las Vegas, he is involved in a serious traffic accident.

Upon regaining consciousness after the accident, Jeremy finds his world in chaos. He is interrogated about events he doesn't remember, actions he has taken but can't c
Published April 19th 2011 by http://www.createspace.com/3640976

To ask other readers questions about A Work in Progress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Work in Progress

Fran
Jul 30, 2011 Fran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Work In Progress
Author: Larry Sheridan
Reviewed by Fran Lewis

Jeremy Jackson is about to experience life as if he is the primary actor in an episode of the Twilight Zone/ What you are about to her and real will enlighten the reader and help you understand that life throws you definite curves, appearances are deceiving, things happen and situations can be orchestrated, created and unexplainable. Jeremy stated his day like any other going through his normal routines, But, this day would turn out to
Barbara Watkins
Jun 19, 2011 Barbara Watkins rated it it was amazing
Title: A Work in Progress
Author: Larry Sheridan
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services
ASIN# B004XD91IC

Hold on to your seat – “A Work in Progress” is an exhilarating ride”

Fast paced, ‘A Work in Progress’ will make you late for supper and keep you up way past your bedtime – you will not want to put it down until the last page is turned. Well developed characters and a plot with many twists and turns make this thriller a winner.

The main character, Jeremy Jackson, is a financial wizard, so to speak. How
Marie
Dec 17, 2011 Marie rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
A Work in Progress piqued my curiousity so I entered the first-reads giveaway and to my surprise I'm a winner! :) This is a story about a man who's life takes an unexpected turn and tries to piece it together. It kept my interest with twists in the story line when you least expect it. Enjoyed reading it.
Margaret Totty
Apr 23, 2011 Margaret Totty rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading this book, I couldn't put it down. Very readable and provocative. Well-written and compelling. The big world of investments is revealed through a twisting and turning plot that leaves you anxious to solve the puzzle and unlock the mystery. A very good read.
Sandy Neal
Aug 20, 2011 Sandy Neal rated it did not like it
I feel like I received an earlier draft of this book that the other reviewers! If I were a quitter, I would have stopped reading before finishing the first 12 pages as they were riddled with grammatical errors. However, I always finish a book I start. Then the story was developed without problems until around page 100 when problems arose again. The grammatical errors really distracted from the story line. Then around page 175 the story went well again without distractions until the end.

I LOVED
Rae M.
I got this through Goodreads Giveaways.

I agree mostly with Sandy from below. I think this is an earlier, unfinished copy.

However, I couldn't get into it. Past 60 pages, and I still didn't connect or identify with Jeremy, and there was no plot yet. I spent the majority of the time skimming pages until I realized, I should just stop.

The writing isn't bad. It's probably one of those situations where it's really the book for you, or it really isn't.

I may try a different novel by this author at a la
C L Lacey
Dec 29, 2011 C L Lacey rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this book! Twists and turns in the plot kept me turning the pages. I found myself liking and admiring Jeremy Jackson, family man, sucessful business man, caught in a whirlwind of events over which he has little control. I had to keep reading, not only to find out what happens next, but to find out why.
Amy
Jan 06, 2012 Amy rated it it was ok
The plot was fine, I just had issues with the writing style, which I thought was repetitive with its description and used too many exclamation marks. I was gutted that it's probably going to be a series, as I was hoping I'd have it all out of the way today.
Sammy Keyes
Sammy Keyes marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Gayle Noble
Gayle Noble marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Louise Morris
Louise Morris marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Ruth  Wilson
Ruth Wilson marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Andrés Torres
Andrés Torres marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Tracie Runnels
Tracie Runnels marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
Marni
Marni marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Chelatmfs
Chelatmfs rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2015
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Race Bannon Berns
Race Bannon Berns marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Pam Gibbons
Pam Gibbons rated it did not like it
Apr 16, 2015
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Annely Elisavetha Litavrina
Annely Elisavetha Litavrina rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2014
Coyora Dokusho
Coyora Dokusho marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2013
Tia Cooper
Tia Cooper marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Kate Beach Girl
Kate Beach Girl marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Tess
Tess marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2013
Daniel Smallwood
Daniel Smallwood marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
  • The Great Mystery
  • Rominus: The Initiation
  • Redeeming Waters
  • Gray
  • The Lost Book of Mala R.
  • The Heirloom Murders (A Chloe Ellefson Mystery #2)
  • The Cloud Messenger
  • Holding Her Breath
  • One Dead Hen
  • Miss World
  • Placebo
  • Memoirs of a Violent Sleeper
  • Nightwatch
  • A New Birth of Freedom: The Visitor
Born in San Mateo, California, as the youngest of six children, Larry Sheridan occupied himself early in life by constructing stories through his imagination. In his 20’s he moved to New York City where he lived in Hell’s Kitchen (prior to the re-gentrification of the area in the 1990’s). While living there he gained much insight into the society of the underworld. During his Hell’s Kitchen years ...more
More about Larry Sheridan...