Start by marking “The Power Of Love” as Want to Read:
The Power Of Love

The Power Of Love (Kissed by an Angel #2)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  1,659 ratings  ·  79 reviews
A month after his death, angel Tristan is still trying to warn Ivy of impending danger. Only after narrowly escaping death does Ivy know the truth--Tristan is with her, and angels do exist. For young adult readers, this trilogy blending celestial visitors, teen romance and suspense is a match made in heaven.
Published July 1st 2010 (first published August 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Power Of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power Of Love

Jaimie
I did enjoy The Power of Love more than Kissed By An Angel. The story ventured a little more into the darker side which it really needed, so I liked that.
So a little more specific details (which could contain spoilers, so beware!)

Tristan, of course, is an angel now and spends the entire book trying to convince Ivy that he exists and still loves her (which he thinks is his mission but turns out not to be). Ivy, on the other hand, no longer believes in angels so she starts leaning on Gregory for s
Trisha
and we continue the story of Tristan, who is dead and is still here roaming earth. He has a mission, he's positive he knows what it is.

and we have Ivy. still fumbling around, trying to deny that Tristan is still around and still being attacked, asking the wrong questions and being reckless. ahh, silly Ivy.

It was great to see so many different sides of all the secondary characters. Suzanne, Gregory, Eric, Andrew, Beth, Will, even Phillip. We have more information now but still not all the answers
Asia
This series is actually an all in one book at walmart for 9 bucks. its black with a rose on the cover. simple and elegant.
i recommend the three in one because the story flows immediately from one book to the next.

beautiful book. love story with mystery, suspense.. love it.
the characters have been staying with me for a while now.
Angela
This series of books was my absolute favorite as a teenager. It's a really romantic story, that you always wish could actually happen.
María
Gregory is the creepiest guy on this planet. No kidding.
Autumn
Although " Kissed by an Angel" was really good, I personally liked the second one better! It was alot more suspenseful than what the first one was. It went more into the darker side. Sunday morning i was up for 3 hours reading it, i couldn't put it down it was really good!!

I remember reading it in the 6th Grade, i heard there were a few more books to the series so i thought i'd read the series again so that i could read the newer ones. I loved it then and I love it now!! Totally worth the read!
Tessa
Bien que j’ai lu le tome 1 il y a un an, je n’ai pas été gênée dans ma lecture et je me suis rapidement replongée dans l’histoire d’Ivy et Tristan.

L’auteure arrive bien à nous malmener entre les différents protagonistes pour que l’on se questionne sur chacun d’eux et sur ce qu’il s’est passé avec la mère de Grégory et l’accident d’Ivy.

Gregory et Eric commencent à vraiment se révéler et apporte pas mal à l’histoire en y amenant un petit côté sombre en plus.
Ivy reste toujours la jeune naïve qui s’
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

The Power of Love picks up where Kissed by an Angel left off. Tristan has been killed in a car accident and is now an angel. He has discovered that Ivy is in danger, but doesn’t know who is out to hurt her.

Suzanne has finally snagged Gregory as her boyfriend, but she is getting jealous of all the attention that he gives Ivy. Suzanne tries to push Ivy towards Will, but when Ivy doesn’t go for it she starts to cut Ivy out of her life.

Ivy is attacked when she is
Vicki
Right now about the only thing I can say is that is the BIGGEST cliffhanger ending I think I've ever seen. It's just about impossible not to read Soulmates right this minute!

I enjoyed this book more than book 1 because I felt like I know the characters better, there was plenty of action and mystery. And, even though the cliffhanger drove me NUTS, I still loved it! It definitely decided for me to read book 3. LOL

Tristan is an angel who died in book 1 (no spoiler) and is now trying to protect Ivy
Brianna
I read this because it was recommended to me.

The second book in the Kissed by an Angel series felt more like a filler. Ivy is mourning the loss of Tristan, while Tristan is busy trying to figure out who wants her dead.

I love how the book is written because I have no idea who to suspect. Certain characters have moments where they could be the killer! And then, something happens and I'm unsure.

The book cuts off abruptly. All three books were definitely meant to be read back to back. Even though I
Anna
I loved it. It was so thought provoking. It makes you think about how one tragic accident can make your entire faith and perspective change. It's very confusing at first, but it later made sense.

Ivy is just a normal teenage girl, only she believes in angels. Her world is flipped upside down when her mother decides to marry the hometown millionaire. Now, Ivy must move, change schools, and give up her freedom. Although, she finds some light in it. She finds some great friends, and finds herself t
Morgan Duplechin
Ugh I am so frustrated with this series right now. It starts off exactly where the first left off leaving you thinking that something exciting is going to happen and some mystery is about to unfold. Nope. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Instead I found that hardly anything changed from the beginning to the end of the book. I love the general idea of the book but sadly it was a huge disappointment compared to the first book. Though I love Elizabeth Chandler, I have to say that this book was very dull and se ...more
Kali Blew
This novel was a fairly easy read although the plot was sometimes hard to follow because of all the strange things that were going on. If you are a big fan of teen romance novels with supernatural elements in them, this is the novel for you. It was a fairly good book anyways.
B
I'm getting less and less fond of Ivy...
Tristan is dead. Ivy won't believe in angels anymore, she wouldn't listen to her own little brother, and would prefer to cling to the shady Gregory figure, who, let's face it since it was obvious, framed the poor cat in the first book and tweaked the tree house so Phillip would fall. But, of course, Ivy would not see that. And, although I do like Tris, I wonder why he haven't visited his parents since he died. Sad.
In terms of writing, the second book felt
Ana Banda
Esta cosa de descubrir al asesino; tener muchos sospechosos; Tristan sufriendo; Philip intentando que le crean sobre Tristan; es por lo que doy 4 estrellas!
Me tiene en intriga durante todo el libro; ya sospecho de uno & de otro.. tambien creo que Beth & Will tienen futuro pero ustedes saben.. Ivy lo arruinara :/
& hablando de ella; Como puede hacer lo que hace? No piensa en Suzanne & menos en Tristan(aunque diga que si -.-) No puedes enamorarte de nuevo en un mes si es que en real
Debra
For a more detailed review, please check out my review below:

Debra's Book Cafe

Debs :-)
Winnie's89
With this second volume, we go straight into the story. We advance slowly into the details of the accident at Tristan. I thought it was Eric who had sabotaged the brakes and killed the mother of Caroline Gregory, but we realize that Gregory is acting weird. the fact that almost flirting with her ​​half-sister Ivy and they want to know what she sees in his nightmares, his conscience speaking. Desperation and Tristan who tries to prevent it from danger. When the book ends, it remains on its end wi ...more
Elda
Me encanta que es un libro super cortito y que no se me hizo tedioso en absoluto, tengo muchas teorias acerca de lo que esta sucediendo y tengo muchas ganas de seguir leyendo esta serie :D
Noémie
Un tome plus policier, Tristan cherche toujours à protégéer "sa" Ivy par l'intermédiaire des êtres qu'il peut posséder. Notamment Will et Beth, il aimerait se charger de Gregory le "presque" frère d'Ivy mais celui-ci refuse d'ouvrir son esprit.
Gregory et Ivy se rapprochent c'est indéniable, mais l'on sent sous ce rapprochement quelque chose de malsain, et la fin le prouve et quelle fin! (heureusement j'enchaine direct avec le 3!^^). Une écriture toujours aussi agréable quoique très simple, mais
Galion Public Library Teens
Reviewed by R.H.: "This series is better than Twilight. Stephanie Meyer has nothing on this."
Makii
Ohhhhhhhhh No.... voy a morir....
¿porque me hacen esto? Pobre Tristan u.u luchando como puede por salvar a Ivy.... y ella tan indefensa, presa de un amor que se fue pero que sigue en su recuerdo, y trata de luchar contra ello....y su vida corriendo peligro!!
Y de verdad,yo pensaba que Gregory....pensaba.... voy a desesperar!

"Sin darse cuenta, Tristan había empezado a llorar. Envolvió sus brazos
alrededor de Ivy, aunque no podía sostenerla. Ella estaba muy lejos de él,
yéndose a la deriva de Gregory
Amina
awesome .. since I have the three stories in one single volume..
G
Everything that bothered me about the first book, annoyed me to the extremes. The last chapters were more interesting - to an extent - but it's still the story of a whiny girl who begs you to pity her, her bitchy best friend and the other lifeless best friend writer, with a bad boy a brother and the love of her life dead (who's also getting pretty annoying).

Lacey is the non-annoying part of it all. I do like her. I hope they go somewhere interesting with her in the last book, because seriously,
Hanako
It's a nice story. Tristan is becoming Ivy's protective Angel through her friends and her little brother. He's trying to understand who wants to hurt her and why, and maybe it's the reason of his own death.
We still don't know the mission of the second Angel, Lacey who might have already discovered it but who doesn't want to explain it to Tristan. Maybe everything is linked together ? Looking forward to discover who from Gregory, Ivy's stepbrother and Eric, his dark and weird friend is the most e
Sara
This book was easier to get through because I understood the characters more and it was more developed. Honestly, I thought a lot more could have happened in this book. Yes, there are new details added to the mystery, but I feel like this shouldn't have been a separate book from the other two. It had wonderful rising action and a climax but unfortunately, it ended at the climax. (I figured this isn't too big of a spoiler).
Yukino
CriCra CriCra
Seconda parte

... Ancora una volta Ivy è costretta a convivere con il presente, un presente che vede la triste assenza del suo Tristan, non accorgendosi che Lui le è accanto sempre, sotto forma di Angelo. Tristan cerca in tutti i modi di palesargli la sua presenza, ma Ivy ha smesso di credere negli Angeli. Ed ora è in grave pericolo; qualcuno sta cercando di ucciderla ... Tristan riuscirà a salvarla?? ...
Meghan Svien
11-17-10
Tristan was going to the mall to see if he could find ivy at work and he did, her friends were meeting up with her at her lunch brake at work. Tristan follwed Ivy around at work to see if he could find anything new that is going on. He didnt find anything new out. Ivy and her friends went shopping and out to lunch. The girls were talking and Tristan tried to keep up with everything.
Kelly
Kissed by an Angel 6/21/02; The Power of Love 6/24/02; Soulmates 6/24/02
  • アオハライド 10 (Ao Haru Ride #10)
  • Absolution (Heavenly, #3)
  • The Frog Prince (Faerie Tale Collection, #8)
  • Libera Me (Requiem, #2)
  • Some Girls Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #11)
  • InuYasha: Love and Lust (InuYasha, #18)
  • Gemini Night  (Star Crossed, #3)
  • Heaven and Hell (Beautiful Beings, #2)
  • In the Mind of a Dying Man
  • Guardian (Halflings, #2)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Reckoning (The Fallen, #4)
  • Feather (Feather, #1)
  • For the Love of a God (Greek God, #1)
Elizabeth Chandler is a pseudonym for Mary-Claire Helldorfer. She currently lives in Baltimore, Maryland.
More about Elizabeth Chandler...

Kissed by an Angel (6 books)
  • Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel, #1)
  • Soulmates (Kissed by an Angel, #3)
  • Evercrossed (Kissed by an Angel, #4)
  • Everlasting (Kissed by an Angel, #5)
  • Everafter (Kissed by an Angel #6)
Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel, #1-3) Legacy of Lies & Don't Tell (Dark Secrets, #1-2) No Time to Die & The Deep End of Fear (Dark Secrets, #3-4) Evercrossed (Kissed by an Angel, #4) Summer in the City

“When a writer looked at an empty computer screen, what did she see? Tristan wondered. A movie screen ready to be lit with faces? A night sky with one small star blinking at the top, a universe ready to be written on? Endless possibilities. Love's endless twists and turns - and all love's impossibilities.” 63 likes
“Ivy bent down to look at the screen. "No! Yes! No! Yes!" she read, then laughed a little sadly. "It sounds like me when I first met Tristan."

"It's Tristan," Beth typed quickly.

Ivy stopped smiling.

Tristan pressed on, and Beth typed as fast as he thought: "Be careful, Ivy. It's dangerous, Ivy. Don't stay alone. Love you. Tristan.”
0 likes