Start by marking “The Power Of Love (Kissed by an Angel, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Power Of Love (Kissed by an Angel, #2)

The Power Of Love (Kissed by an Angel #2)

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  2,097 Ratings  ·  95 Reviews
A month after his death, angel Tristan is still trying to warn Ivy of impending danger. Only after narrowly escaping death does Ivy know the truth--Tristan is with her, and angels do exist. For young adult readers, this trilogy blending celestial visitors, teen romance and suspense is a match made in heaven.
Published July 1st 2010 (first published August 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Power Of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power Of Love

GuT
Feb 09, 2016 GuT rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't say that this book or all series is bad, I really don't thinks so. But I hated it. Main girl just way too naive and stupid for my temper. Also, ending was quite obvious. I liked much more first book ;)
Lucy (Talk Less, Smile More)
As I said in the review for the first book, I knew that it was a setup for something great. I enjoyed this book way more than the first; characters are becoming more complex (view spoiler). I think I recall a review saying how they appreciate the dark element that's being added to the story, and I couldn't agree more. Something very dark is going on and I can't wait to find out what it is. I am so suspicious of everyone and I love it. I love not knowing who the b ...more
Rebecca
Følte at den blev ret langtrukken i forjold til den første bog.
Jaimie
I did enjoy The Power of Love more than Kissed By An Angel. The story ventured a little more into the darker side which it really needed, so I liked that.
So a little more specific details (which could contain spoilers, so beware!)

Tristan, of course, is an angel now and spends the entire book trying to convince Ivy that he exists and still loves her (which he thinks is his mission but turns out not to be). Ivy, on the other hand, no longer believes in angels so she starts leaning on Gregory for s
Trisha
Aug 12, 2013 Trisha rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-physical
and we continue the story of Tristan, who is dead and is still here roaming earth. He has a mission, he's positive he knows what it is.

and we have Ivy. still fumbling around, trying to deny that Tristan is still around and still being attacked, asking the wrong questions and being reckless. ahh, silly Ivy.

It was great to see so many different sides of all the secondary characters. Suzanne, Gregory, Eric, Andrew, Beth, Will, even Phillip. We have more information now but still not all the answers
LMDreamer
Sep 01, 2015 LMDreamer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La lectura fue infinitamente mejor que el anterior. Aunque no llegó a enamorarme por completo para ganar mis 5 estrellas, llegado a un punto volvió a ser tan interesante como recordaba. Parte de esto es gracias a que la autora se desvía en este tomo de gran parte del romanticismo que caracterizaba al primero, y sus personajes comienzan a cobrar forma y consistencia. Ivy deja de ser tan tonta y una marioneta -no al completo, pero sí se nota la mejoría-, para ser un personaje femenino, si bien no ...more
Asia
Sep 14, 2009 Asia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is actually an all in one book at walmart for 9 bucks. its black with a rose on the cover. simple and elegant.
i recommend the three in one because the story flows immediately from one book to the next.

beautiful book. love story with mystery, suspense.. love it.
the characters have been staying with me for a while now.
Angela
Apr 15, 2007 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
This series of books was my absolute favorite as a teenager. It's a really romantic story, that you always wish could actually happen.
María
Jul 08, 2011 María rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gregory is the creepiest guy on this planet. No kidding.
Jordan C.
Nov 22, 2016 Jordan C. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
January Book Report, The Power of Love, Elizabeth Chandler

The second book in the trilogy, Kissed by an Angel, The Power of Love is about a girl named Ivy who is dealing with the death of her boyfriend Tristan. Ivy temporarily lost belief in the angels that she prayed to, therefore, not being able to see or know that Tristan was her guardian angel. When many events and multiple friends convince Ivy that Tristan really is an angel, she believes again and lets Tristan in. Tristan is able to talk wi
Susbogblog
Jan 16, 2017 Susbogblog rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Hvem skulle nu have troet at der ville være den slags forbudt kærlighed? I loooove it!
Tombraiderka009
Sep 10, 2016 Tombraiderka009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No takich numerów to ja się nie spodziewałam po tej seriii.!

Tristan jako anioł stróż wciąż testuje swoje nowe możliwości jako duch. Próbuje przy tym sprawić, by jego Ivy znów uwierzyła w anioły, by wiedziała, że Tristan jest u jej boku cały czas, i że ją kocha. W tym samym czasie stara się rozwikłać zagadkę wypadku samochodowego, przez który zginął oraz rzekomego samobójstwa matki Gregory'ego, Caroline. Tristan jest przekonany, że obie katastrofy nie były przypadkiem, a sprawca czai się na Ivy.

W
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

The Power of Love picks up where Kissed by an Angel left off. Tristan has been killed in a car accident and is now an angel. He has discovered that Ivy is in danger, but doesn’t know who is out to hurt her.

Suzanne has finally snagged Gregory as her boyfriend, but she is getting jealous of all the attention that he gives Ivy. Suzanne tries to push Ivy towards Will, but when Ivy doesn’t go for it she starts to cut Ivy out of her life.

Ivy is attacked when she is
Tessa
Sep 21, 2012 Tessa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bien que j’ai lu le tome 1 il y a un an, je n’ai pas été gênée dans ma lecture et je me suis rapidement replongée dans l’histoire d’Ivy et Tristan.

L’auteure arrive bien à nous malmener entre les différents protagonistes pour que l’on se questionne sur chacun d’eux et sur ce qu’il s’est passé avec la mère de Grégory et l’accident d’Ivy.

Gregory et Eric commencent à vraiment se révéler et apporte pas mal à l’histoire en y amenant un petit côté sombre en plus.
Ivy reste toujours la jeune naïve qui s’
Vicki
Nov 09, 2013 Vicki rated it really liked it
Right now about the only thing I can say is that is the BIGGEST cliffhanger ending I think I've ever seen. It's just about impossible not to read Soulmates right this minute!

I enjoyed this book more than book 1 because I felt like I know the characters better, there was plenty of action and mystery. And, even though the cliffhanger drove me NUTS, I still loved it! It definitely decided for me to read book 3. LOL

Tristan is an angel who died in book 1 (no spoiler) and is now trying to protect Ivy
Courtney Fielding
Aug 28, 2015 Courtney Fielding rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this book a rating of 4.5 stars. I enjoyed every bit of this book! It was awesome!! It gave me feels and made me pretty sad and depressed, lol.. This book was super cute and romantic, but also extremely suspenseful and creepy. At parts, it creeped me out real badly. And I love it when a book does that.
But it was mostly really sad and depressing :'( WHY?? Why does he have to die?!?! Why does this book have me feeling so horrible inside?? I JUST WANT THEM TO BE TOGETHER!!!!!! IVY AND TRISTA
Brianna
I read this because it was recommended to me.

The second book in the Kissed by an Angel series felt more like a filler. Ivy is mourning the loss of Tristan, while Tristan is busy trying to figure out who wants her dead.

I love how the book is written because I have no idea who to suspect. Certain characters have moments where they could be the killer! And then, something happens and I'm unsure.

The book cuts off abruptly. All three books were definitely meant to be read back to back. Even though I
Elen Tabita Bertoldi
Lica Reads

This book was exciting. Really. After Tristan discover that his accident was no accident, he tries whatever he can to tell Ivy that she has to be careful.

But it's not easy to make things move in his new form, and telling Ivy is impossible, she doesn't believe in angels anymore.

Tristan learns new things and new forms to discover who cut his car break and if his accident had anything to do with Caroline's suicide, if it could be called that.

I gotta say that I was super curious to know wh
Anna
Apr 22, 2012 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. It was so thought provoking. It makes you think about how one tragic accident can make your entire faith and perspective change. It's very confusing at first, but it later made sense.

Ivy is just a normal teenage girl, only she believes in angels. Her world is flipped upside down when her mother decides to marry the hometown millionaire. Now, Ivy must move, change schools, and give up her freedom. Although, she finds some light in it. She finds some great friends, and finds herself t
B
I'm getting less and less fond of Ivy...
Tristan is dead. Ivy won't believe in angels anymore, she wouldn't listen to her own little brother, and would prefer to cling to the shady Gregory figure, who, let's face it since it was obvious, framed the poor cat in the first book and tweaked the tree house so Phillip would fall. But, of course, Ivy would not see that. And, although I do like Tris, I wonder why he haven't visited his parents since he died. Sad.
In terms of writing, the second book felt
Morgan Duplechin
Ugh I am so frustrated with this series right now. It starts off exactly where the first left off leaving you thinking that something exciting is going to happen and some mystery is about to unfold. Nope. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Instead I found that hardly anything changed from the beginning to the end of the book. I love the general idea of the book but sadly it was a huge disappointment compared to the first book. Though I love Elizabeth Chandler, I have to say that this book was very dull and se ...more
Ana Banda
Dec 30, 2011 Ana Banda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta cosa de descubrir al asesino; tener muchos sospechosos; Tristan sufriendo; Philip intentando que le crean sobre Tristan; es por lo que doy 4 estrellas!
Me tiene en intriga durante todo el libro; ya sospecho de uno & de otro.. tambien creo que Beth & Will tienen futuro pero ustedes saben.. Ivy lo arruinara :/
& hablando de ella; Como puede hacer lo que hace? No piensa en Suzanne & menos en Tristan(aunque diga que si -.-) No puedes enamorarte de nuevo en un mes si es que en real
Winnie's89
Apr 05, 2011 Winnie's89 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With this second volume, we go straight into the story. We advance slowly into the details of the accident at Tristan. I thought it was Eric who had sabotaged the brakes and killed the mother of Caroline Gregory, but we realize that Gregory is acting weird. the fact that almost flirting with her half-sister Ivy and they want to know what she sees in his nightmares, his conscience speaking. Desperation and Tristan who tries to prevent it from danger. When the book ends, it remains on its end with ...more
Yani Daniele
Mar 24, 2015 Yani Daniele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Menos mal que ya lo había leído antes este libro, de hecho de la saga he leído los 3 primeros, esta es solo una re lectura para engancharme con los 3 últimos, porque .. mamita que final tan tremendo, sin dudas es de esos finales abiertos traumáticos que hacen que sí o sí quieras saber como sigue la historia.

En este libro tenemos a Ivy que continúa teniendo pesadillas sobre el día del accidente en donde Tristán ha muerto, pero poco a poco comienza a recordar algunos detalles.. detalles que quizás
Noémie
Feb 04, 2011 Noémie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un tome plus policier, Tristan cherche toujours à protégéer "sa" Ivy par l'intermédiaire des êtres qu'il peut posséder. Notamment Will et Beth, il aimerait se charger de Gregory le "presque" frère d'Ivy mais celui-ci refuse d'ouvrir son esprit.
Gregory et Ivy se rapprochent c'est indéniable, mais l'on sent sous ce rapprochement quelque chose de malsain, et la fin le prouve et quelle fin! (heureusement j'enchaine direct avec le 3!^^). Une écriture toujours aussi agréable quoique très simple, mais
G
Jun 18, 2011 G rated it it was ok
Everything that bothered me about the first book, annoyed me to the extremes. The last chapters were more interesting - to an extent - but it's still the story of a whiny girl who begs you to pity her, her bitchy best friend and the other lifeless best friend writer, with a bad boy a brother and the love of her life dead (who's also getting pretty annoying).

Lacey is the non-annoying part of it all. I do like her. I hope they go somewhere interesting with her in the last book, because seriously,
Hanako
Aug 05, 2009 Hanako rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a nice story. Tristan is becoming Ivy's protective Angel through her friends and her little brother. He's trying to understand who wants to hurt her and why, and maybe it's the reason of his own death.
We still don't know the mission of the second Angel, Lacey who might have already discovered it but who doesn't want to explain it to Tristan. Maybe everything is linked together ? Looking forward to discover who from Gregory, Ivy's stepbrother and Eric, his dark and weird friend is the most e
Autumn
Sep 30, 2014 Autumn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although " Kissed by an Angel" was really good, I personally liked the second one better! It was alot more suspenseful than what the first one was. It went more into the darker side. Sunday morning i was up for 3 hours reading it, i couldn't put it down it was really good!!

I remember reading it in the 6th Grade, i heard there were a few more books to the series so i thought i'd read the series again so that i could read the newer ones. I loved it then and I love it now!! Totally worth the read!
Makii
Jul 07, 2012 Makii rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ohhhhhhhhh No.... voy a morir....
¿porque me hacen esto? Pobre Tristan u.u luchando como puede por salvar a Ivy.... y ella tan indefensa, presa de un amor que se fue pero que sigue en su recuerdo, y trata de luchar contra ello....y su vida corriendo peligro!!
Y de verdad,yo pensaba que Gregory....pensaba.... voy a desesperar!

"Sin darse cuenta, Tristan había empezado a llorar. Envolvió sus brazos
alrededor de Ivy, aunque no podía sostenerla. Ella estaba muy lejos de él,
yéndose a la deriva de Gregory
Sara
Nov 29, 2011 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was easier to get through because I understood the characters more and it was more developed. Honestly, I thought a lot more could have happened in this book. Yes, there are new details added to the mystery, but I feel like this shouldn't have been a separate book from the other two. It had wonderful rising action and a climax but unfortunately, it ended at the climax. (I figured this isn't too big of a spoiler).
  • Unholy Death
  • 名探偵コナン 21 (Detective Conan #21)
  • In the Mind of a Dying Man
  • Absolution (Heavenly, #3)
  • アオハライド 13 [Ao Haru Ride 13] (Blue Spring Ride, #13)
  • 暁のヨナ 10 [Akatsuki no Yona 10]
  • Feather (Feather, #1)
  • Some Girls Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #11)
  • The Frog Prince (Faerie Tale Collection, #8)
  • Totenbraut
  • The Girl Who Invented Romance
  • The Kill (The Forbidden Game, #3)
  • Gemini Night  (Star Crossed, #3)
Elizabeth Chandler is a pseudonym for Mary-Claire Helldorfer. She currently lives in Baltimore, Maryland.
More about Elizabeth Chandler...

Kissed by an Angel (6 books)
  • Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel, #1)
  • Soulmates (Kissed by an Angel, #3)
  • Evercrossed (Kissed by an Angel, #4)
  • Everlasting (Kissed by an Angel, #5)
  • Everafter (Kissed by an Angel #6)

“When a writer looked at an empty computer screen, what did she see? Tristan wondered. A movie screen ready to be lit with faces? A night sky with one small star blinking at the top, a universe ready to be written on? Endless possibilities. Love's endless twists and turns - and all love's impossibilities.” 63 likes
“Ivy bent down to look at the screen. "No! Yes! No! Yes!" she read, then laughed a little sadly. "It sounds like me when I first met Tristan."

"It's Tristan," Beth typed quickly.

Ivy stopped smiling.

Tristan pressed on, and Beth typed as fast as he thought: "Be careful, Ivy. It's dangerous, Ivy. Don't stay alone. Love you. Tristan.”
0 likes